David Trezeguet (6 Viewers)

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
Great news. Our management has earned some trust now, in my opinion. They got us a new coach, convinced Trez and Gigi and made decent signings. Now let's get two good defenders.

Dragula

Jul 17, 2006
So hot from Reuters:

Trezeguet extends Juventus contract to 2011

MILAN, June 25 (Reuters) - France striker David Trezeguet has made an about-turn and extended his contract with Juventus until 2011, the newly promoted Serie A club said on Monday.

Trezeguet had looked set to be on his way after making a bizarre gesture to club bosses following his goal in a defeat by La Spezia on the last day of the season earlier this month.

He said he felt unloved by the club after they made an initial contract offer and media linked him with a move to Olympique Lyon or Valencia.

However, a successful capital increase on the stock market has given Juve fresh funds and bosses said last week they hoped it would enable them to keep the 29-year-old striker, who has spent seven seasons in Turin.

"I am proud to link my name with Juventus for another four seasons," Trezeguet said in a statement. "Today I have made a decisive choice for my career and my life. This is a club which has given me so much and with whom I want to continue to win."

He stuck by the club following the stripping of their 2006 championship and demotion to Serie B for match-fixing and helped them bounce back to the top flight at the first attempt.

Juve have been quickly rebuilding for Serie A under new coach Claudio Ranieri. Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon extended his contract and a number of players, including Portugal's Tiago and striker Vincenzo Iaquinta, have arrived at the club.

Reuters
Ohhh Nooooo!!!

:D

I guess i'm glad he stayed

but this means no Huntelaar:(

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
good that he has stayed was intially pissed off with the supposed request to move clubs.his goalscoring record speaks for itself, trez bring us back to our former glories by doing what u do best putting the ball at the back of the net

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3,013
    Trezeguet was linked to Barcelona a few seasons ago,though i dont remember hearing/reading anything from a Barcelona official expressing genuine interest in him.Iaquinta was never linked to them i think,and i dont think they wouldnt want him either.

And Trezeguet signs a new contract.Oh well.Id start liking him again after a little while i guess:D

David01

Aug 20, 2006
    :tup:Trez and Gigi are staying, Nedved is going on and they are working on Camo extending as well, Tiago, Almiron, Iaquinta signed now let's get something in defence and we are ready to rock and roll!!! Forza Secco

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

How rude of us to make fun of maher in every thread. they were like a family before we came here. :oops:
    We're not making fun of him, we're just telling it as it is.
    I see that your famous smile has been back to your face again, V.
    I'm really pleased with how things were developing in the last few days, this came as sugar at the end. Though TBH, I always knew he was gonna stay. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)