David Silva (9 Viewers)

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Juve's Silva trail goes cold
Monday 6 April, 2009
Spanish midfielder David Silva has bad news for Juventus fans - he intends to stay with Valencia.

The Euro 2008 winner was heavily linked to the Bianconeri and seemed to flirt with the Old Lady.

However, Silva has now unambiguously stated that he wants to honour his contract, which expires in 2013.

“I am just thinking about my team,” Silva declared emphatically on Tuttomercatoweb.com.

“I have a long contract and I have every intention of respecting it.

"I am very happy at Valencia and all the rest is just speculation.”

Juve may now focus their full attention on Werder Bremen star Diego, who is another major transfer target.
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/apr6p.html

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
no only if he does what is best for the club and what the club need him to do. If he is asked to stay and If he is willing to take a cut in wages and play for a team that will take years to get back to the top because he loves it then he should be respected and if they want him to leave for cash and he does then thats fine too. He would hardly stay if valencia asked him to leave.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Just wondering.

I'm not reading to much into him saying he plans to stay at Valencia, because players' plans have a habit of changing rather quickly when a new, more lucrative contract is on offer.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #306
    Usually that's the typical answer a player gives before being sold so...

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #309
    and according to some media, Valencia offered both him and Villa to Real for 60m €.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Valencia has more... "interesting" wingers to play around with;)
    But i hope that we make no deal with them, they are very good at transfer market negotiation (at least used to be)
    presentation and overpricing of their product. Secco is most likely to get his @s owned a la Lazio...

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Juve face Silva competition

Juventus transfer target David Silva is also in Real Madrid’s sights, according to Spanish daily newspaper Marca.

The Spain winger is just one of the players put up for sale by beleaguered Valencia, who are in considerable financial trouble.

Real Madrid President Vicente Boluda yesterday met with his Valencia counterpart, Vicente Soriano, to discuss Silva’s future.

Valencia would ideally like to sell the 23-year-old from Tenerife for a £30m fee, a hefty price tag that would rule Juventus out of the market.

Silva, who was part of the Spain squad that won Euro 2008, might pass up the chance to join Los Merengues after they snubbed him when he was a teenager.

Juventus have made signing Silva a priority this summer, especially now that Pavel Nedved is expected to retire at the end of the season.

channel 4

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Douchan, it depends on what Valencia's priority is: selling him for as much as possible; or selling him abroad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)