David Silva (4 Viewers)

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #242
    Pool are also concentrating on selling the team. Well, at least Gillett's half. He was at a Montreal Canadiens(hockey) game last week with some guy who represents a rich dude from the middle east. On the other side, he could also sell the Canadiens to put more $$$ into Liverpool. Until they figure this out I don't think they can go for a big name signing atm.

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
    i dont really believe rafa to tell you the truth
    liverpool dont really have any quality wingers and thats were they are hurting the most
    and a bit on lack of decent backups to torres

sorry for the double post

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Mascherano? Xabi Alonso? Agger?
    Agger? You have to be joking. He's a classic pool transfer. Noone heard of him before he came and then he turned out to be better than his reputation would suggest. This is the essence of their transfer policy. It's kind of like Arsenal but less impressive because they're not all young.

Mascherano was definitely a high flyer, but then you have to consider his trajectory. He wasn't signed out of Argentina, he was rotting at West Ham when pool gave him a lifeline. And Xavi Alonso.. certainly not a star like Torres, but a good player. So I'll give you 50% on that one.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Take that back! :mad: I love Zenden :touched:

But yeah, Dossena is the kind that's spit out of the bottom of Serie A and comes to pool. Classic pool.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Pool are also concentrating on selling the team. Well, at least Gillett's half. He was at a Montreal Canadiens(hockey) game last week with some guy who represents a rich dude from the middle east. On the other side, he could also sell the Canadiens to put more $$$ into Liverpool. Until they figure this out I don't think they can go for a big name signing atm.
    I doubt Benitez would have signed his new contract unless he was guaranteed the funds to improve the squad.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #253
    so I guess a new investor or new $$$ will come in at our(Montreal Canadiens) expense.

He would be sweet in our squad:

4-4-2
    Camo-Momo-Poulsen-Silva
    Silva-Momo-Poulsen-Giovinco

4-2-3-1
    Camo-Silva-Gio
    Camo-Gio-DP
    Silva-Gio-DP

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    Not under Ranieri... If he was avoiding playing just Giovinco on the wing because of his lack of defence, why would he double it and play 2 similarly defensively weak players on the wings?

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #256
    Not under Ranieri... If he was avoiding playing just Giovinco on the wing because of his lack of defence, why would he double it and play 2 similarly defensively weak players on the wings?
    The excuse of not playing Gio on the wing is because of the guy in your tar and maybe a bit of his lack defensive talent but he's slowly giving him his chance. The 4-2-3-1 wouldn't be a problem either. I think he can go for it. He did say he could change formation because there's only one Nedved and his replacement could be used in different role we've seen regularly this season.

DVS

Must be patient
    Nov 13, 2008
    Juventus will dominate the world when this rule comes out. :jvefan: ps will conquer europe next year. :juventus:
    Man U comes close to the 6-5 rule as well. There are other good home grown teams in Europe althought your right the rule would benefit Juve.

To think Inter doesn't have any Italians on the pitch at times

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #258
    The only logic and link between inter and the 6-5 rule would be the 6-5 automatic result in favor of their opponent because the "honest" club couldn't field 6 eligible players.

bjb7223

Mar 26, 2009
    haha valencia want 30 million pounds for him. good luck juve. :lol:

Rafa Benitez tells of failed David Silva bid
    By Tony Barrett

RAFA Benitez today confirmed that Liverpool DID make an inquiry for David Silva only for their interest to cool after learning of Valencia's asking price.

As revealed in Thursday's ECHO, the Reds boss had earmarked Silva as one of his top summer transfer targets and was willing to make an offer for the Spanish international if Valencia's valuation was realistic.

But Benitez today announced that he will not be following up his initial interest in the 23-year-old.

Confirming the ECHO's version of events, Benitez said: "It is true that we were asking about the situation with him but we are not happy with the situation now and he will not be a target for us."

Valencia are believed to be seeking as much as £30m for the player and even though Benitez rates the Euro 2008 star highly he would not be willing to pay that much for his services.

The only possible way any such deal will now be resurrected will be if Valencia lower their asking price significantly.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    I think our seeking for a creative player will be win win win in any case. But Diego seems to be the player who prefers the option of Serie A. We're going to struggle signing Silva in competition with the EPL i can feel it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)