David Silva (19 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Ok so basically for any of the two out of the three players we will need a change in system anyway. But i guess Silva is the closest to slotting through with a bit more tactical work.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I havent seen Valencia at all this season do they play a 4-3-3 with him on the left as an attacking player? because if thats the case then he will not fit directly in the 4-4-2 as he will have more space to cover defensively.

I would still take him on though.
Nope. Sometimes they play a 4-4-1-1, in which case Silva plays as a playmaker, behind the lone striker, and sometimes they play a 4-4-2 with Silva on the left. Mostly he's been deployed as a playmaker, playing in the "hole" though.

Mar 30, 2006
Nope. Sometimes they play a 4-4-1-1, in which case Silva plays as a playmaker, behind the lone striker, and sometimes they play a 4-4-2 with Silva on the left. Mostly he's been deployed as a playmaker, playing in the "hole" though.
Normally he is on the left in a 433 or they play him behind Villa with Joaquin on the right and Mata on the left.

Either way he is super versatile and would be a great signing for us.

Mar 30, 2006
Isnt Vicente their natural left wing?
He is but because he has had serious injury problems for the last 3 seasons and has a few niggling ones this season the Valencia coach, Emery, uses him sparingly and more as a substitute. He has been playing more regularly recently like Last week he started and scored but Silva and Villa did not play that game. For the most part Vicente has been playing Uefa cup games and coning on in the second half of games. He is an awesome player and if he can stay fit I dont think Valencia would miss Silva and he along with mata is probably the reason they would consider selling Silva before they would Villa (who has no capable replacement)

Jan 22, 2009
He is but because he has had serious injury problems for the last 3 seasons and has a few niggling ones this season the Valencia coach, Emery, uses him sparingly and more as a substitute. He has been playing more regularly recently like Last week he started and scored but Silva and Villa did not play that game. For the most part Vicente has been playing Uefa cup games and coning on in the second half of games. He is an awesome player and if he can stay fit I dont think Valencia would miss Silva and he along with mata is probably the reason they would consider selling Silva before they would Villa (who has no capable replacement)
Beside the financial problems they seem to have, you got point there(from tactical point of view)! Joaquin is also a dream upgrade for us, as far as I can remember, we were linked with him too. About Villa you are right but if man city decide to go for him, there will be no stopping and that beaing said, we have to hurry and secure Silva!

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
anyway I don`t think we are going to sign him
the way I see it next year we will have Diego maybe Cassano too and maybe an additional defender (and ofcourse Criscito would be there too)
as for Giovinco he might get the LM position afterall as he did great against Chelsea but he still needs to work on his defensive aspect to play there IMO

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So supposedly Silva does not want to come to Juve, it was all rumors he says. Wtf...can any of you guru's out there clarify this?? I don't like the sound of that

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Why does everyone believe all this 'oh it'll be a dream to play for Juve' shit!!!?? then the next day its like ;;oh i never said that im concentrating on my current clubs affairs''. Its all a load of shit dont read too much into it guys.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If an offer comes and Valencia accept it I gurantee you Silva would jump on it and sign
He was just being loyal to his club but he wouldn`t say no to Juve

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I hope you're right about that. But there is something I do not like about players who jump ship when their club is sinking....

I would hardly put Silva in the same class as our players that left when we were demoted...just want to clarify that.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I hope you're right about that. But there is something I do not like about players who jump ship when their club is sinking....

I would hardly put Silva in the same class as our players that left when we were demoted...just want to clarify that.
It`s not about jumping ship when the club is sinking it is simply the thing that Juve are a bigger club than Valencia
Nedved loved Lazio but when Juve called Nedved jumped on it because Juve are a bigger club
Silva would never have the potential to win the CL with Valencia
the max Valencia can do is qualify for the CL
with Juve however he could win it (altough I am not saying we would be favourite I just say that we do have the potential)

DVS

Must be patient
Nov 13, 2008
Silva nearly a Juventino
Thursday 19 March, 2009

Juventus are reportedly very close to making Valencia winger David Silva their first summer signing, according to the Italian Press.

The Bianconeri have long been admirers of Silva who was a member of the Spain squad that won Euro 2008 in Austria and Switzerland.

Juventus director of sport Alessio Secco has announced his intention to bring the 23-year-old to Turin on several occasions.

Valencia are in grave financial trouble and are planning to sell their biggest stars this summer to raise some much needed capital.

Los Che are reportedly in debt to the tune of £450m and have had to postpone the construction of a new stadium.

Valencia want any deal done quickly and are believed to be holding out for £16m, which is said to suit Juventus.

The Turin giants have reportedly set £20m aside to replace the 36-year-old Pavel Nedved, who will retire at the end of the season.

Silva is contracted to Valencia until 2013 and receives a salary of £2.5m, a wage Juventus are confident they can match.

Having suffered an ankle injury at the start of the season, Silva has made just 15 appearances for Los Che in 2008-09.

*chn4
I really don't know what to think about it but its pretty aggresssive. I personally think he is the best player Juve can get but we see what will go on

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
It's looking increasingly likely that we have turned to Silva as Diego looks set to join a club with greater financial resources than we have. Probably in Spain/England.

Nevertheless, although Silva has been suffering from injury problems this season, I reckon that Secco would be pleased to pick him up for circa €16m.

I would welcome a deal done now so that the club has an orderly summer transfer campaign to strengthen the defence, which will assume a priority of major proportions.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
You think Silva has been chosen for financial rather than tactical reasons?

Silva being cheaper may have had an influence, but I think his ability to function in our beloved 4-4-2 may have been a bigger factor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)