Capitano Danilo (16 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
the problem with that is none of those three are really that much of a threat going forward, nor do you wanna see them covering the flank, so the best way to get all three in the lineup would be to switch to a straight 352. But then two of Kulu/Dybala/Morata is on the bench.
true. what about this though?

Woj
Demiral-MDL-Chiellini
Danilo-Bentancur-Arthur-Ramsey
Kulu
Dybala-Ronaldo
Kulu slides to LWB when needed (3412 attacking, 352 defending)

Mar 3, 2014
He was our best defender by far, that's scaring like shit
Yeah it seems like Bonucci and Chiellini really struggled given their age. They’re very easy to beat with pace, especially with how high the wingbacks get. Imo if you’re playing with Chiellini on the left side you’ve gotta make sure your LWB is super disciplined and doesn’t push up as aggressively as the one on the right - especially when we’re playing such an offensive formation.
I’m also concerned about when De Ligt comes back, where does he slot in? Realistically Bonucci won’t likely lose his spot given his ability in possession, but then do you end up with De Ligt on the left hand side?
I do wonder if Pirlo experiments with Sandro as a LCB. He’s strong, good on the ball, but seems to offer less going forward than he used to. Sandro- De Ligt - Danilo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Yeah it seems like Bonucci and Chiellini really struggled given their age. They’re very easy to beat with pace, especially with how high the wingbacks get. Imo if you’re playing with Chiellini on the left side you’ve gotta make sure your LWB is super disciplined and doesn’t push up as aggressively as the one on the right - especially when we’re playing such an offensive formation.
I’m also concerned about when De Ligt comes back, where does he slot in? Realistically Bonucci won’t likely lose his spot given his ability in possession, but then do you end up with De Ligt on the left hand side?
I do wonder if Pirlo experiments with Sandro as a LCB. He’s strong, good on the ball, but seems to offer less going forward than he used to. Sandro- De Ligt - Danilo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If we are going to keep using the 4-4-2 in defense and 3-5-2 in attack I actually think that a back with AS-De Ligt-Demiral would be the best in the back by far, however we don't have anyone else to play LWB considering how JGC was yesterday and how meh are the other options so I would go Demiral-De Ligt-Danilo with AS and JGC as our WB's.

Kulu and Ramsey as our creative MF option, Mckennie-Rabiot as our pressing MF and Arthur-Bentancur as our holding-controling tempo MF. Paulo-CR7 in front with Alvaro as a sub for them

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
According to sofascore he’s been juves best player outside of Ronaldo so far, and got equal grades in both games. Footballcritic grades him out as serie As 7th best player. Lol.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
You know I think he may not play that badly in Pirlo's system. When he is actually defending he is basically a right back again. This is why I am not sure that people who think the back 3 with De Ligt, Bonucci, Demiral/Chiellini is going to happen.

I wouldn't be surprised in some games if Danilo is not fit that Cuadrado takes his place rather than a central defender. Or Pirlo switches the system and has Sandro playing as the third defender on the left (but still left back when defending).

Its early days but I get the impression the formation is very very fluid and likely to be more so over time as the players and coach adjust to it. So could easily be 343 or 3412 or even 325 in possession and then 442 in defence or another derivation of a 4 or 5 back line off possession.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
barzagli went from a meh signing in his first season here, to a legend in his second season onwards.

players can change.
To be honest it's realy early , but i like him as RCB , it sounds crazy but atm i prefer him over Bonucci !

Danilo - De Ligt - Demiral // Triple D :)

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
barzagli went from a meh signing in his first season here, to a legend in his second season onwards.

players can change.
People here were just blind, we should have bought Barza when he was at Palermo, he was a beast even back then.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
People here were just blind, we should have bought Barza when he was at Palermo, he was a beast even back then.
it’s not like Danilo is some nobody either. Everyone wanted him when he was at Porto.

- - - Updated - - -

You know I think he may not play that badly in Pirlo's system. When he is actually defending he is basically a right back again. This is why I am not sure that people who think the back 3 with De Ligt, Bonucci, Demiral/Chiellini is going to happen.
I think RCB in pirlos system is perfect for him. And I agree, Demiral cannot play that role. De Ligt is a maybe but I still don’t think it’s the best utilization of his skills. Really, de Ligt should bench Bonucci, or possibly Chiellini if he starts looking his age.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
4 games in and danilo is proving to be a essential player for juve.

he's been such a calm and commanding CB and most convincing out of all the cbs. and now with chiellini being injured he is more needed now then ever.

good job pirlo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)