Danilo Luiz da Silva - RB/DM - Santos (31 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
If we sign Danilo he most likely won't be playing as a DM, but rather a RB.
so, basically Juve'd spend 20+ mil, a 1/3 or so of their budget, on RBs alone? ... if that turns out to be the case, considering Juve's need for a top CB, at least 3 quality mids, if Melo is sold, and the plans to splash on an expensive star player up front, I'd again say that going for a 10+ mil Danilo is more of a random transfer than a well-programmed move, also because of Conte's affinity to a 4-4-2 system.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
so, basically Juve'd spend 20+ mil, a 1/3 or so of their budget, on RBs alone? ... if that turns out to be the case, considering Juve's need for a top CB, at least 3 quality mids, if Melo is sold, and the plans to splash on an expensive star player up front, I'd again say that going for a 10+ mil Danilo is more of a random transfer than a well-programmed move, also because of Conte's affinity to a 4-4-2 system.
I try to give myself hope that Danilo won't be our DM succeeding Melo. We need someone like Lass to take over that spot. Danilo should battle with Lichtsteiner for the starting RB spot, and/or if we ever need someone to fill in the DM spot we have someone.

8-10M for someone who's this versatile doesn't come along that often, and I hear he's a good player and has a bright future ahead of him.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I try to give myself hope that Danilo won't be our DM succeeding Melo. We need someone like Lass to take over that spot.
agree, Danilo's midfield experience comes down to playing left or right mezzala in a 3-men mid with Arouca - most underrated Santos player, imo - being the central mid like Melo at Juve. Danilo would be misused in a central mid position like this as his explosiveness and dynamism would go to waste there, I think.

Danilo should battle with Lichtsteiner for the starting RB spot, and/or if we ever need someone to fill in the DM spot we have someone.

8-10M for someone who's this versatile doesn't come along that often, and I hear he's a good player and has a bright future ahead of him.
agree with this too, in fact I am very surprised Danilo is not attracting more attention from the big European clubs ... personally, I think he would be a great move for many teams out there.

This being said, the reason why said the above was that I think Juve could put this 10 mil to better use - than spend it on a back up RB - by spending it towards getting a quality CB or going for a quality midfielder - instead of a 12-mil one, a 20 mil Hernanes, for example.

Also, 10 mil more or less on the budget may well make the diff in the end between Juve going for Rossi as opposed to for Aguero ... basically, when a team like Juve is rebuilding, and they don't have the backing of an Abramovich, 10 mil more in the transfer kitty can go a long way in the end.

If you guys had not bought Licht already for 10 mil, or were going to play with a 3-men mid, then Danilo would have been a fine, fine move ... but that's just not the situation right now, hence my calling it a random move - had nothing to do with not valuing Danilo as a player but with how Juve has moved on the mercato so far.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
an australian calling an englishman retarded???...now THAT does bring a smile to my face and brightens up my day...surely the classic definition of an oxymoron.
So get the fuck out of this country then if you find it's inhabitants to be retarded. And whilst you're at it GTFO out of this forum as well if it is causing you so much mental pain and anguish.

Hohohohoho what a dastardly fiend I am hohohoho!!

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We have been postponing the acquisition of a decent RB for the past 10 years.
It was about time to make an investment there, it was a high priority to invest there and we rightfully did.
We bought a quality starter and unfortunately also signed a mediocre sub as well (by using the option to sign Motta) and we still have Grygera for depth.

I see no reason to sign a 3-4rd RB though, i would rather prefer a decent LB instead.

As for the midfield, we do move randomly there, i dont know why we are so panicked, we should first decide who to offload, do that and the sign the best we can according to our needs.
And you got it wrong, we wont play a 4-4-2 and we dont need more CMs, we already have Pirlo, Marchisio, Melo, Pazienza a few decent youngsters for depth and we are likely to sell Tiago and Sissoko. All these players are bound to cover just 2 positions in our squad, so they are more than enough.
From there, what we need the most is side forwards. Not like we lack solutions now (Krasic, Pepe, Quaq, Martinez, Iaq) but we are likely to upgrade our material.
I believe from this point on, our transfers will be upgrades to our current material.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
So get the fuck out of this country then if you find it's inhabitants to be retarded. And whilst you're at it GTFO out of this forum as well if it is causing you so much mental pain and anguish.

Hohohohoho what a dastardly fiend I am hohohoho!!
Without any doubt, like the other english and non-english europeans I know who have come here, I find the people here mainly playful, in no way threatening morons...Its how the rest of the world also view the aussies. So no surprise/. I have remained here, mainly due to loving my job, my 2 year old maltese shitsu wolverine hyena hellhound, beautiful place to live, and my savaged by accidents yamaha 99' r6...

nothing on here is causing me mental anguish and trauma...I just found it strange that nobody felt the need to say to a cunt who writes such shit as ' i hope he gets AIDS', something along the lines of 'get decent you fucking prick...'...i accept now that many on here, find his words, amusing or fine and dandy, so i wont bother attempting to correct such an obvious mong in the future...so GTFO, where is my OJ, can you buy some TP, all confirms you as one of the majority here, which are irritating poltroons/..// The aussies make me chuckle daily...' i am a proud greek, but have never been to greece'...'i am a proud aussie, though i come from convicts and cannot spell...i just like to build up my muscles and beat down upon anyone half my size, then fuck my missus!'...yes, i find the general aussie the truest, even far beyond the average american, example of the rise of the new dumb...you are not a dastardly fiend, simply a cunt.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Mate you are clearly an idiot, how dare you generalize about a people. Calling all Australians dumb? All Ethnic Australian's dumb? Get off you high horse, I have no idea what you two are arguing about but your ignorant racism (despite claiming to be a superior being due to the fact that you are English) should not be tolerated by anyone. I will not stoop to your level with childish insults but I think you need to have a big look at yourself.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I think it's time to bring Lo-Pan's presence on this forum to an end, he is in no means better than Tonykart, actually he is a much worse person and yet he is still allowed here complaining about everything this forum is, all the members, all the attitudes and spitting racism and ugly generalization. My suggestion is a perma-ban and I hope the mod team considers it.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I think he needs to be at least warned, I personally do not like bans unless completely necessary.
I am sure the moderators have already warned him. We had a similar case one time ago with a member called Tonykart, each post he made was calling the members here as losers, no lifers, gays, etc. He added nothing but insults to the forums in general and to the members in specific. Lo-Pan is doing the exact same thing, even if he gets banned for a week, a month or even half a year, he will come back and do the exact same thing.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I think it's time to bring Lo-Pan's presence on this forum to an end, he is in no means better than Tonykart, actually he is a much worse person and yet he is still allowed here complaining about everything this forum is, all the members, all the attitudes and spitting racism and ugly generalization. My suggestion is a perma-ban and I hope the mod team considers it.
I agree. I'm not going to bother engaging in argument with this guy anymore, he isnt worth it. Never seen a bigger shit talker on this forum...and thats saying something.

Before our little incident, I had never once said anything bad towards him on these boards, yet he out of nowhere has called me a cunt and made fun of my nationality. And then he has the gall to complain like a little bitch to all and sundry about how he is treated on the forum.

I think he needs a new batch of weed.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Mate you are clearly an idiot, how dare you generalize about a people. Calling all Australians dumb? All Ethnic Australian's dumb? Get off you high horse, I have no idea what you two are arguing about but your ignorant racism (despite claiming to be a superior being due to the fact that you are English) should not be tolerated by anyone. I will not stoop to your level with childish insults but I think you need to have a big look at yourself.
He called me a cunt and a disgrace because I said I hope Lucas Piazon contracts AIDS. You would have thought I fucked his mother in the ass with a barbed wire baseball bat or something the way he carries on.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
It seems a sense of humor has escaped him, he obviously has not seen the sort of sarcasm this forum can produce.
I do agree, I think the mods have to intervene.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
If we sign Danilo he most likely won't be playing as a DM, but rather a RB.
That's like buying Bastos for the LB or Vucinic for the LW. They can play there, but I believe that not at their best.

I didn't put Danilo as DM and I really can't understand his purchase if we're going to develop Conte's 4-4-2. I obviously don't want him alongside Pirlo in a two man midifield. Imagine that:

Krasic - Pirlo - Danilo - Vucinic
Aguero - Matri

Beyong retarded, if materialised.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I guess it depends on the Non-EU rule, since Vidal seems to be the main Non-EU target for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)