Daniele Rugani (34 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Considering what team he joined and who he had infront of him, he played quite a lot. The lack of minutes in CL is what im pointing out, but to be fair its tough finding minutes with our CB lineup. Its fine Chielini, Benatia and Bonucci (before this season) played more in the CL considering we didnt have many injuries and suspensions. However, and i said it last season already, there is no way Barzagli should play more CL games in one season (last one, where he was 36/37) than Rugani in his whole career so far. Thats the only issue
I dont understand it either.

I think that llegri is just hesitant to let barzagli go, to me is just because allegri saw how good barzagli was and well he trust him. But time has catched on, so i think he has no other choice anymore but to trust Rugani. Barzagli is retirement material, is for all the world to see.
And thats is ok, no one can beat time. Barzagli was maybe our most complete defender in his BBC prime, but time passes.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I dont understand it either.

I think that llegri is just hesitant to let barzagli go, to me is just because allegri saw how good barzagli was and well he trust him. But time has catched on, so i think he has no other choice anymore but to trust Rugani. Barzagli is retirement material, is for all the world to see.
And thats is ok, no one can beat time. Barzagli was maybe our most complete defender in his BBC prime, but time passes.
Barza should have retired after the 2017 final, or went to play somewhere less competitive. Max tries to win, so hes gonna field the guys he thinks give him the best chance at doing so. its not his job to develop Rugani in CL games, but we should have rather given him a roster which forced him to do so. Clearly it wasnt high up on our pririties list

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Are you sure you're not describing bonucci there?
Yes, you are reaching. Rugani is very awkward in possession which automatically means not the best partner for Chiellini. It's manageable against chievo but that's one of the main reasons he can't still break into starting eleven here.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Yes, you are reaching. Rugani is very awkward in possession which automatically means not the best partner for Chiellini. It's manageable against chievo but that's one of the main reasons he can't still break into starting eleven here.
on the contrary Rugani - chiellini partnership has proven better than Rugani - bonucci partnership

Boksic

May 11, 2005
"It will soon become apparent just how much @DanieleRugani has grown as a player. We've seen it at times already, in the first half of the season he hasn't played much but now he will have the opportunity to play a lot more "

~Max
Good news, this one is a big show of faith in Rugani.

I think he went up a level towards the end of last season and has looked good this season. Hopefully he get force his way into the starting line-up.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Nice to confirm that the departure of Benatia will be good for Rugani.
He was our 2nd choice CB behind Chiellini in Serie A last year. It’s only a few members trying to push a strange narrative that claim he never plays.

Rugani played the full 90 in 11 of our last 14 (including 6 of last 7) matches last season, while in a Scudetto fight with Napoli.

Max clearly has some faith in Rugani.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)