Daniele Rugani (37 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He was one of our best players last night. NFI why people are criticising him. The worst mistake he made was conceding a stupid free kick in the last minute. He generally won everything in the air, got in a few vital tackles and interceptions and read most situations well. And he also had to play next to Bonucci who was basically playing on one leg for 30 mins. Good performance.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
He was one of our best players last night. NFI why people are criticising him. The worst mistake he did was conceding a stupid free kick in the last minute. He generally won everything in the air, got in a few vital tackles and interceptions and read most situations well. And he also had to play next to Bonucci who was basically playing on one leg for 30 mins. Good performance.
I don't know why it's fashionable to hate on him

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
He was one of our best players last night. NFI why people are criticising him. The worst mistake he did was conceding a stupid free kick in the last minute. He generally won everything in the air, got in a few vital tackles and interceptions and read most situations well. And he also had to play next to Bonucci who was basically playing on one leg for 30 mins. Good performance.
:agree:

I usually criticize him but he was very good last night.

Can't wait for Rugani-Chiellini CB duo. He's way more comfortable playing besides Chiellini.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I don't know why it's fashionable to hate on him
Yeah, he has barely put a foot wrong when called upon this season. Sure, he makes a few stupid fouls here and there and looks a bit nervous at times - but he’s still young for a CB and has huge room for improvement. His aerial ability, anticipation and man-marking are all pretty top notch imo. And like N96 says, pretty tidy on the ball too.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Yeah, he has barely put a foot wrong when called upon this season. Sure, he makes a few stupid fouls here and there and looks a bit nervous at times - but he’s still young for a CB and has huge room for improvement. His aerial ability, anticipation and man-marking are all pretty top notch imo. And like N96 says, pretty tidy on the ball too.
:agree:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Thats why he needs a good run of games, for him to be aware that he can do it.

He is getting good minutes but he could even get more

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
Rugani is good but he looks weird with the ball or even when he runs without it. It's like he's not meant to play this sport lol. Chiellini and Licht also like this too. I guess some players do have some weird body movement while some are more natural fit to play this sport

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'm sceptical about Rugani myself, but calling out mistakes which could have cost us doesn't qualify as hate, does it?

On the other hand, i get the feeling there are users who actively chose to rate him, solely based on their personal dislike for Bonucci.
I wouldn't say that's hate at all. Linebreak, Juliano13, and a few others call him rubbish (or worse) often. That's hate.

I think Rugani makes mistakes that most young defenders make. However, something I have noticed with him is that he most often recovers very well from his mistakes and seems to learn from them.

We also have an amazing defensive record with him, so he must be doing something right over the course of games. He makes very few bad mistakes imo, but because he's young and trying to break into our starting XI for a significant period of time now, he's under the microscope for every little thing he does on the pitch (same deal with Bonucci though for a different reason, an irrational personal dislike for him).

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
The thing with Rugani he is not a finished product, still in the learning curve and we can’t forgive him if he will cost us the CL. He can toy around the league teams, but in CL he will got toyed badly. I hope he will rise his game.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Thank god Rugani isn’t mediocre like Couscous breath who was a major factor in costing us CL last season. Between his 3 straight games with yellow cards that left him suspended for first leg against Real, and then the “penalty.”

:seven:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 27)