Daniele Rugani (32 Viewers)

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Wow im really suprised, for me he was the only guy in our defense who did a good job.
He had no problem with the ball at his feet, made few not so simple passes too.
Whenever he was the one marking Zapata he won all the duels, all the danger came when Zapata moved more to our left side where MdS and Sandro were.
Imo he was probably our best player in this game, but to be fair, for the first goal - he should go more agressive on Castgne.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Wow im really suprised, for me he was the only guy in our defense who did a good job.
He had no problem with the ball at his feet, made few not so simple passes too.
Whenever he was the one marking Zapata he won all the duels, all the danger came when Zapata moved more to our left side where MdS and Sandro were.
Imo he was probably our best player in this game, but to be fair, for the first goal - he should go more agressive on Castgne.
castagne had all the space to beat him, i wouldn't even blame him for the first goal. even chiello, our best man at these kind of duels would have had difficulties in that situation.

rugani played an okay game.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
I think he was way too passive on the first goal. He opened up the goal completely. First priority should be to block the main threat with the ball, not trying to shield some attacker far out on the side.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
He was indecisive whether to mark his man in the box or close out Castagne and that's miscommunication with De Sciglio. If Chiellini was there he would've understood what to do.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
He was indecisive whether to mark his man in the box or close out Castagne and that's miscommunication with De Sciglio. If Chiellini was there he would've understood what to do.
Rugani was the only one not marking anyone. Castagne came right at us, in front of him. He could shoot both at near or far post. Terrible and slow defending.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
we were in possession, cancelo simply lost the ball and rugani got exposed. losing the ball like this will have consequences. i wonder what bonucci or chiellini would have done in the same situation, but usually it's the worst for a cb when he has to defend 1 on 1 against a running forward with a lot of space ahead of him. that goal is 100% on cancelo, no two ways about it.

btw it's not '68 anymore, defenders are not constantly man marking attackers. rugani did fine, he was the least of our problems yesterday. guys who are having a good season overall (like cancelo, cr or ds) performed much worse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 16)