Daniele Rugani (26 Viewers)

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
So has the club given up on him? I see us getting linked to De Ligt, Milenković...

I was hoping that he could be our defender for years to come but for some reason he has never been able to break into the first team.

That conservative Italian mentality.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I think it was clear we were given up on him when we tried to sweeten the Higuain deal to Chelsea by including him in the package. You don't do that if you consider Rugani the future of your backline. The kid is smart if it's true that he wants Roma, their CB competition is non-existent and he'd possibly become their best CB in a short time.

Last edited:

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I think it was clear we were given up on him when we tried to sweeten the Higuain deal to Chelsea by including him in the package. You don't do that if you consider Rugani the future of your backline. The kid is smart if it's true that he wants Roma, their CB competition is non-existent and he'd possibly become their best CB in a short time.
What? His agent said we refused Chelsea offer for him. Stop making up facts. Not to mention there was no offer from Chelsea for Higuain at all since Pipita himself mentioned only Sarri wanted him there.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
What? His agent said we refused Chelsea offer for him. Stop making up facts. Not to mention there was no offer from Chelsea for Higuain at all since Pipita himself mentioned only Sarri wanted him there.
Of course transfer rumors are not facts, but us offering Higgy+Rugani combo to Chelsea got reported pretty strongly, my feeling is that those rumors were true. As well as the things you said about Chelsea not wanting Higgy and us not wanting to sell Rugani alone without Higgy.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Of course transfer rumors are not facts, but us offering Higgy+Rugani combo to Chelsea got reported pretty strongly, my feeling is that those rumors were true. As well as the things you said about Chelsea not wanting Higgy and us not wanting to sell Rugani alone without Higgy.
It was reported by Pedulla only. Then, Rugani's father said Juve didn't want to listen to offers for Daniele and Higuain said only Sarri wanted him in London what makes your hypothesis about us given up on Rugani already in the summer baseless. Sorry :)

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
It was reported by Pedulla only. Then, Rugani's father said Juve didn't want to listen to offers for Daniele and Higuain said only Sarri wanted him in London what makes your hypothesis about us given up on Rugani already in the summer baseless. Sorry :)
Dunno, for several good weeks it was circling around, maybe the source was Pedulla, but it was reported in both Italian and English media. And Chelsea not fully wanting Higuain only further strengthens the hypothesis as that's pretty much why the deal never happened and we ended up sacrificing Caldara to be able to move Higgy.

To me the face of Rugani when everyone greeted Ronaldo upon his arrival was "yeah, whatever, I'm never going to play with the guy anyway" and that's another thing that makes me believe that the rumor of us offering Rugani in a combo deal was true.

And I don't think we've completely given up on him, having a relatively cheap defender who's young, good, well versed in Allegri's universe and has potential to be better is definitely worth something for Juventus, we do need several back-ups. But I do think we don't view him as a future starter, which results in him being expendable and not getting the playing time he wants.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Dunno, for several good weeks it was circling around, maybe the source was Pedulla, but it was reported in both Italian and English media. And Chelsea not fully wanting Higuain only further strengthens the hypothesis as that's pretty much why the deal never happened and we ended up sacrificing Caldara to be able to move Higgy.

To me the face of Rugani when everyone greeted Ronaldo upon his arrival was "yeah, whatever, I'm never going to play with the guy anyway" and that's another thing that makes me believe that the rumor of us offering Rugani in a combo deal was true.

And I don't think we've completely given up on him, having a relatively cheap defender who's young, good, well versed in Allegri's universe and has potential to be better is definitely worth something for Juventus, we do need several back-ups. But I do think we don't view him as a future starter, which results in him being expendable and not getting the playing time he wants.
And Chelsea not fully wanting Higuain only further strengthens the hypothesis as that's pretty much why the deal never happened and we ended up sacrificing Caldara to be able to move Higgy.

What does that even mean? It's simple, Chelsea never wanted Higuain and we never wanted to sell Rugani. The cases of these two players were only connected by Pedulla who wanted to keep his story alive thorough the summer so that he can talk about something in Sport Italia every day.

But I do think we don't view him as a future starter, which results in him being expendable and not getting the playing time he wants.

Yeah, probably we offered him a new contract and he signed because Rugani wanted Juve to have a stronger position when talking to possible suitors as he sees the well-being of the club higher than his own ;).

Apr 19, 2007

Did you think about why we would only sell Higuain and not the package? Maybe thats the reason Chelsea fell apart all together. They only wantd both and we said no. Makes no sense that those two players would be some strange package deal

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Did you think about why we would only sell Higuain and not the package? Maybe thats the reason Chelsea fell apart all together. They only wantd both and we said no. Makes no sense that those two players would be some strange package deal
I think Chelsea had zero interest in Pipa. They made a heavy investment in Morata and brought Giroud too. Sarri could have asked for him but he must have been dismissed. Chelsea were more willing to bring him Rugani who's much younger. Besides that we have to remember The Blues spent 130-140 million on Kepa and Jorginho the same summer so their transfer funds were limited.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
You have 2 months to take your chances kid
Well Barzagli played 200 minutes in 4 months. That doesn't sound like much chances in the next 2 months for Rugani.

And sidenote: Rugani actually played more minutes this season so far than Barzagli.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)