Daniele Rugani (56 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Sheer lunacy to sell him if we aren't getting some prime world class defender like Godin, or some insanely high potential youngster like De Ligt.
what if it's to strengthen midfield? I'd happily trade a backup CB for a starting quality box to box. Chiellini, Benatia, Caldara, Barza is short, but I'd rather risk it there and buy in January if injury crisis hits than go into the season with the midfield we have atm. Last season the 5th CB was Howedes and that dude barely played at all, surely we can manage with 4 CBs

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Why do people make shit up about Rugani? Rugani stayed on the bench? Bullshit. He played second most minutes of any of our CBs in Serie A last year. Played the full 90 in 11 of our last 14 matches, while we were locked in a scudetto battle with Napoli, including 7 of the last 8 after being eliminated from CL.

Give him a chance? :lol: He played well over 2000 minutes last season. As a 22 year old. At one of the biggest clubs in football. With world class CBs like Chiellini and Benatia in the squad as his competition. And he was still our first choice CB for the scudetto battle with Napoli in April and May. Also played full 90 in away games at Roma, Lazio, Inter, Milan, Torino.

But ya know, he wasn't trusted. Didn't get to play at all. :baus:

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

Sheer lunacy to sell him if we aren't getting some prime world class defender like Godin, or some insanely high potential youngster like De Ligt.
When we were forced to, he played. Or when we played poor teams. Not always but as far as I remember he was lowest in the pecking order. He received minutes, yes, but I am more upset about the attitude towards him and other “youngsters”.

Sent from my iPhone with Tapatalk

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
I'm torn about this. I don't think in the long run selling Rugani would be beneficial, despite the sexyness of selling him now for 50m, and it would be utter stupidity if we don't sign soemone liek Godin; that would mean our central defenders consist of Chiellini, Benatia, Caldara, and Barzagli :howler:

There's a reason why Sarri wants him at Chelsea. He knows what this kid is capable of.
Not to mention he's a youth product, a decent one. We are not swimming in those.
The money is nice, but giving up on a young Italian Juventus talent, ughhh.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Sell, like every italian he will go to england and be shit, go into oblivion and then return to Serie A for like 10m. Also Chelsea is a club where careers go to die.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Rugani isn't gone yet and Allegri doesn't decide who goes anyways. It's :beppe: who's the boss.
Im pretty sure that they ask allegri about the situation of the player before letting him go.

It would be moronic to sell players without asking if that would affect the plans of the tactician.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Sell, like every italian he will go to england and be $#@!, go into oblivion and then return to Serie A for like 10m. Also Chelsea is a club where careers go to die.
Your statement is true about most Italian. But not rugani. I think this is a good move for him.
Gona play first team for one of the top clubs in the world's most popular league. Italian striker/midfield players usually do badly outside of Italy, but central defenders have been decent at least.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Also it has been like 3 years here and he was not able to break into the 1st team With barzagli ahead of him, with 55 years old.

Maybe he simply is not liked by allegri and needs to find a coach who can be in sync with him. Sarry is the man

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
what if it's to strengthen midfield? I'd happily trade a backup CB for a starting quality box to box. Chiellini, Benatia, Caldara, Barza is short, but I'd rather risk it there and buy in January if injury crisis hits than go into the season with the midfield we have atm. Last season the 5th CB was Howedes and that dude barely played at all, surely we can manage with 4 CBs
:tup:

Emre Can can play CB in an emergency to, probably MDS to.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
When you think of the position you can most easily liquidate to fund more important areas of the team, it has to be 4th choice CB.

Rugani is good. He's not shaky. We were not shaky with him in the team. But we bought him for nothing and are turning him into huge profit and we don't even rely on his contributions.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
My point was that Allegri has little to no say in these things. If the player feels like leaving and Beppe feels like selling he gone.
Agree with the player leaving. Thats the primary reason we sell. if a player doesnt want to be here, he is as good as gone and everyone knows that. Allegri has no saying on this.

Do not agree with the "If beppe feels like selling" part.... because Beppe is not the tactician, and if the tactican thinks a player is crucial to his gameplan, the most prudent thing is to not sell, otherwise it would create problems with the tactician and with the funcioning of the team. If Beppe proposes selling but with a plan to replace said player... then i can see Allegring agreeing. if not, is simply bad management.

Pogba wanted out so he got sold.
Vidal i think was 50/50. he wanted to win the CL so he went to Bayern, and at the same time im pretty sure the board and Allegri had serious doubts about his knee and his drinking habits.

There are some exceptions like Higuain, which we seem to be forced to sale because we had the chance to sign CR7 and it doenst mattered what Allegri wanted, because if you can sign CR7 , you simply do it. Period. And CR7 is a improved version of Higuain anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)