Daniele Rugani (60 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We're mugging them off if they pay us €50M

Would be a good deal for us even though i'd have preferred to keep him
It's a good deal in terms of the finances... but unless we get another top young defender, it's a little shortsighted. Barza is now 37, played little as a CB last year (mostly RB, or RCB when we'd put on a 3rd defender to see out a win). Chiellini turns 34 in a couple weeks. Both Benatia and Chiellini have struggled with injuries at times.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
50m is an awful lot but I'd liked him, sure made some mistakes but there was clear improvement imo.

Caldara will take his place. Hopefully in the near future we can go for Romagnoli

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I just fear we think rugani is something he isnt. Im a big fan but after being here for some time to not get a chance and for us to invest in benetia, extend barzagli, purchase caldara...runours of godin now too..is rugani that good and should we pass up on a 50m deal?
Then again maybe allegri just doesn't trust him until he is 28 years of age.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I would like to know why allegri decided to let him go.

No ill feelings...just would like to know what he got so unworthy of juve

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I'm torn about this. I don't think in the long run selling Rugani would be beneficial, despite the sexyness of selling him now for 50m, and it would be utter stupidity if we don't sign soemone liek Godin; that would mean our central defenders consist of Chiellini, Benatia, Caldara, and Barzagli :howler:

There's a reason why Sarri wants him at Chelsea. He knows what this kid is capable of.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Italy, wake up and give young players more chances. So sick and tired of moaning about how poorly the younger generation is and how poorly the NT is doing. Well, no sh**! Some of the problems are so obvious it hurts my brain. In Italy, you are a promising talent at 24-25. Rugani may not be the next star but he is definitely good enough to be a squad player here. With more time he'd be even more solid. Barza had a lot of awful games last season but still received more chances based on reputation. Rugani remained on the bench, admittedly not shining but showing signs of improvement when given the chance.

Wherever you go Rugani, your career will come. Here, you are a promising star until you retire. My advice is to go because you'll get plenty of time wherever you go as long as it is not a top team in Italy. Not because you're not good enough but because you are too young to be considered a contender for a starting position. Irrespective of how poorly the older generation is doing. Sad to see you go though.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Italy, wake up and give young players more chances. So sick and tired of moaning about how poorly the younger generation is and how poorly the NT is doing. Well, no sh**! Some of the problems are so obvious it hurts my brain. In Italy, you are a promising talent at 24-25. Rugani may not be the next star but he is definitely good enough to be a squad player here. With more time he'd be even more solid. Barza had a lot of awful games last season but still received more chances based on reputation. Rugani remained on the bench, admittedly not shining but showing signs of improvement when given the chance.

Wherever you go Rugani, your career will come. Here, you are a promising star until you retire. My advice is to go because you'll get plenty of time wherever you go as long as it is not a top team in Italy. Not because you're not good enough but because you are too young to be considered a contender for a starting position. Irrespective of how poorly the older generation is doing. Sad to see you go though.
Why do people make shit up about Rugani? Rugani stayed on the bench? Bullshit. He played second most minutes of any of our CBs in Serie A last year. Played the full 90 in 11 of our last 14 matches, while we were locked in a scudetto battle with Napoli, including 7 of the last 8 after being eliminated from CL.

Give him a chance? :lol: He played well over 2000 minutes last season. As a 22 year old. At one of the biggest clubs in football. With world class CBs like Chiellini and Benatia in the squad as his competition. And he was still our first choice CB for the scudetto battle with Napoli in April and May. Also played full 90 in away games at Roma, Lazio, Inter, Milan, Torino.

But ya know, he wasn't trusted. Didn't get to play at all. :baus:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm torn about this. I don't think in the long run selling Rugani would be beneficial, despite the sexyness of selling him now for 50m, and it would be utter stupidity if we don't sign soemone liek Godin; that would mean our central defenders consist of Chiellini, Benatia, Caldara, and Barzagli :howler:

There's a reason why Sarri wants him at Chelsea. He knows what this kid is capable of.
:agree:

Sheer lunacy to sell him if we aren't getting some prime world class defender like Godin, or some insanely high potential youngster like De Ligt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 17, Guests: 32)