Daniele Rugani (39 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Nogani needs to be sold if we don't plan on using him. His hype is still mega-big and if we can buy a top class CB with that money and ACTUALLY use him then so be it.

Really don't get this situation with him.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Particularly when Chiellini is out, Barzagli is at half pace and Benatia is clearly on horrible form.
I said it on the other thread, the only CB we can rely is Chiellini, and it's been like this for like forever, we weren't really tested except last year vs Madrid. Without him we are nothing, and that's what worries me!

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
IMO we can't fully trust any CB we have. Chiellini is the closest to it, but is constant injuries, lack of rythm and blunder risk is always there.

Rugani hasn't earned that trust and sometimes I feel he may be overrated around here. Not sure he'll reach that WC status some day, given his athletic averageness. He needs more confidence and aggressiveness.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Rugani is doing just fine. Yes, he's going to make some mistakes, but I'd rather we let him make them at this point than Benatia.

He needs minutes in important matches to develop properly. Whether folks like it or not, this year and next are very much transitional years for this team. That's what happens when 3/4 of our world class BBBC exits, Marchisio and Chiello start feeling their age, etc. Our generational defence and that Italian spine of ours has gotten pretty darn old. Going to need to have patience with Rugani, Caldara, and our future RB.

The midfield also obviously needs a serious injection of quality.

Some people are probably overhyping Rugani, but to my eyes he's been our 2nd best CB so far this year. Max should have definitely played him in that last match.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
That is absolutely crazy. Sturaro is terrible, and we should be looking to move him. MDS hasn't been a confident player in 2 years; he has shown absolutely nothing to suggest that he should be playing at CB.

It's time to commit to Rugani, and see exactly what we've got.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
IMO we can't fully trust any CB we have. Chiellini is the closest to it, but is constant injuries, lack of rythm and blunder risk is always there.

Rugani hasn't earned that trust and sometimes I feel he may be overrated around here. Not sure he'll reach that WC status some day, given his athletic averageness. He needs more confidence and aggressiveness.
So we cannot trust any defender we currently have but let me guess, we could trust Bonucci?

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)