Daniele Rugani (32 Viewers)

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
We don't need benatia though.
If we did not have Benatia we would still have one top CB strugling to get playing time even when one has an injury. 5 CB is not needed, when we are playing with 4 man defense. Better save the money and use it strenghten other positions.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
He will play for at least another year, and Caldara is already signed for 2018.
He is supposed to be a back up in case of an injury crisis this season. So he is necessary for this season.

Our defenders have been lucky with injuries except for Benatia :D

Next season we'll have Caldara so he should be gone.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
If we did not have Benatia we would still have one top CB strugling to get playing time even when one has an injury. 5 CB is not needed, when we are playing with 4 man defense. Better save the money and use it strenghten other positions.
100% Agree. 5 CB for 2 positions it's just too much. Probably Barzagli will retire next year and we get Caldara and Rugani. Unless Marrotta is planning yo £ on Bonucci.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
100% Agree. 5 CB for 2 positions it's just too much. Probably Barzagli will retire next year and we get Caldara and Rugani. Unless Marrotta is planning yo £ on Bonucci.
Double coverage in every position is enough. Having back up for the back ups is just to much. Especially when the back ups are quality players like Barza, Rugani and Benatia. Better have a talented primavera player act as 5 choice CB, get some Coppa minutes if needed. Offcourse if we plan on offloading BonBon, Benatia is a no brainer.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
we had Bonucci, Barzagli and chiellini injury at one point of the season, which showed how important it is to have 5 CBs rather than 4. If Barzagli/Chiellini were under 30 years old it would be a diffrent story. With Barzagli going soon we will need a 4th choice CB anyway (which is benatia).

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
we had Bonucci, Barzagli and chiellini injury at one point of the season, which showed how important it is to have 5 CBs rather than 4. If Barzagli/Chiellini were under 30 years old it would be a diffrent story. With Barzagli going soon we will need a 4th choice CB anyway (which is benatia).
We were playing with 3 at the back that's we needed 5 CBs.

Itay

Aug 10, 2009
Also, Benatia is not at all that good. he has great feet and a physical presence but his anticipation is garbage and his tackling are mediocre.
We should send him back to BM and bring in a cheap alternative.

Apr 19, 2007
We already are bringing in a cheap alternative in Caldera. That is 5 cbs. Two young, one in his prime and Chiellini at the end of his best while Barzagli is more than qualified to step in whenever and wherever. I love the transfer of Benatia but I think its clear we dont want him or we would have worked him in more

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
We already are bringing in a cheap alternative in Caldera. That is 5 cbs. Two young, one in his prime and Chiellini at the end of his best while Barzagli is more than qualified to step in whenever and wherever. I love the transfer of Benatia but I think its clear we dont want him or we would have worked him in more
I argued before that Benatia was overkill, but was dismissed. Still believe it is way too much for a backup, especially when I want to see Rugani get much more playing time. Caldera won't join us next season (if I understood it correctly), so if we still feel the need for a fifth choice, which is not unreasonable considering injury prone CBs at disposal, I would prefer to sign a much cheaper alternative. Perhaps from a relegation team. Otherwise, a fortunate primavera player could be alright. Another option would be to find a versatile defender that could fit a bit here and there, a Caceres-like player, but still be OK by being last on the pecking order of all positions.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Don't think Barzagli will be used much next season. Caldera will probably stay at Atalanta for another season because we don't need him yet which makes sense why we should buy an experienced Benatia.

Bonucci, Chiellini, Rugani, Benatia, Barzagli...you won't find a club on earth with a more prepared, tough & experienced CB lineup. Caldera for the future probably with Rugani for Bonucci's final years. We are literally set for nearly the next decade.

If we can afford it, why the hell anyone would question the purhcase of Benatia is beyond me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)