Daniele Rugani (74 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
if we pay with a 3-man backline, it does makes sense to have at least 2 bench/rotation options.
A 5th CB will play what? 600 - 700 minutes over the course of an entire season?
Ideal for an established but limited player, but I don't think that's enough for a "young prospect".

It's pretty simple: you either trust Rugani & make him an important part of the squad or you part ways.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Ideal for an established but limited player, but I don't think that's enough for a "young prospect".

It's pretty simple: you either trust Rugani & make him an important part of the squad or you part ways.
we bought him to be a part of a long-term project. he knew that he wouldn't break into the starting 11 easily as he has a classy trio ahead of him, still he played well above 1000 minutes in his 1st season. with barza's age and chiellini's injury record, this might well improve next season, even if bonucci stays and benatia's gonna be bought. of the current squad, he's the only cb we'll still have in 6 years.

(btw thanks to your user title, i listened to some intergalactic lovers in the office, that's some cool stuff :tup: )

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
we bought him to be a part of a long-term project. he knew that he wouldn't break into the starting 11 easily as he has a classy trio ahead of him, still he played well above 1000 minutes in his 1st season. with barza's age and chiellini's injury record, this might well improve next season, even if bonucci stays and benatia's gonna be bought. of the current squad, he's the only cb we'll still have in 6 years.
Yeah, he did play "enough" this season, because he ended up being our 4th CB by default.
What with Caceres either being injured, drunk or both.

Add a Benatia type player to the mix & Rugani will probaly play a lot less. Which is far from ideal.

And if you look at our entire team Bonucci played most minutes, Barzagli comes in 4th. Only Chiellini played a bit less. So where does that leave your 5th CB?

Whether or not he'll still be a Juve player in 6 years, I don't know, as he still has quite a lot to prove.
But I do think that a lack of playing time would lead to him leaving. As it should.

(btw thanks to your user title, i listened to some intergalactic lovers in the office, that's some cool stuff :tup: )
:D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

He would be nuts to leave Juve.

He has some great defenders ahead of him, and by the time Barzagli hangs his boots (sooner than later), and Chiello turns into a has been...Rugani will be ready to step in.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
he's got plenty of time to become a regular starter i think he will prob be ahead of benatia and will most definitely take the one pf our defenders role

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

Lets not forget our recent injury history so quickly now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)