Daniele Rugani (59 Viewers)

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Hard to say when to play Rugani over Chiello. Somehow I feel more safe with Rugani there in important games.. The argument goes the other way around as well..

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I cannot see Bonucci leaving, as he loves the club deeply. Barzagli and Chiellini are both staying put. Caceres is returning to fitness. I suspect with the signing of Dybala we are more likely to focus more on a back four. Ogbonna will leave, so that opens up a space but still...with Barzagli and Caceres fit, where would that leave Rugani's playing chances?

Like Pogba, in some ways, he seems a freak of a major talent at a very young age. Yet there was less competition for places for Pogba. We played at least with 3, and more recently sometimes 4, of the Vidal, Marchisio, Pirlo, Pogba routine. Opportunity came more easily for Pogba, although his talent is also far more noticeable and dynamic. I find it hard to imagine that we would lose 2-3 of our CBs in one period, and even then, their experience is huge and none of them seem prone to a noted drop in potency.

It seems best to leave him be at Empoli. He certainly isn't getting any worse there, knows the environment and is blossoming. Would playing a bit part role yet training with established top drawer players improve him more than playing in the first XI for another season at Empoli where he receives plenty of practice?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This guy plays like he is 30. It's always nice to see defenders who are composed and aware of their positioning around the defensive line, it's an innate ability that can't be taught. You see less and less of it now as teams use defenders more fitting for the faster hustle-bustle modern game, Rugani reminds me a little of the positional defenders you used to get in the 80s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)