Daniele Rugani (106 Viewers)

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
LOL this guy will really be staying here. I kept saying this guy wouldn't leave Italy for all the tea in China. Chance to rid ourselves of him this summer, but thank you Daniele for taking a MDS type salary reduction. Promising player 6-7 years ago who got a long term contract.

He has steadily been inconsistent year after year. Not coming close to earning the money he has received. Shouldn't even let him wear the Juve jersey for free. Another Max written all over it deal. Feeling about Guintoli being the man to take charge has dwindled.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Good deal, he's a decent backup and thats a salary of a decent backup.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL this guy will really be staying here. I kept saying this guy wouldn't leave Italy for all the tea in China. Chance to rid ourselves of him this summer, but thank you Daniele for taking a MDS type salary reduction. Promising player 6-7 years ago who got a long term contract.

He has steadily been inconsistent year after year. Not coming close to earning the money he has received. Shouldn't even let him wear the Juve jersey for free. Another Max written all over it deal. Feeling about Guintoli being the man to take charge has dwindled.
Rugani is way more useful than MDS though, that was a horrible extension. Even not taking into account the injury record, MDS has 0 use in a formation with wingbacks instead of fullbacks.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Taking goals in all of them bar 2 *? Which was the point you so eagerly wanted to prove wrong ;).

Those 2 games: Fiorentina who had a boatload of missed chances and relegation strugglers Sassuolo.

He's still the afraid chicken when defending. Always has been. If Bonbon had been defending like this, people would massacre him. But Daniele is more likeable and cheaper. Hell, at 1,5 mil I'd even keep him. Doesn't make him a good defender 'tho.

PS*: He came in in extra time against Napoli and Roma so don't know if you want to count those too?

Last edited:

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
Contract extension, “broke” Jj continuing to light money on fire. The entire bench should be young, cheap players. Rugani makes a couple million and is always mediocre and obviously not a prospect or anything. Terrible decision.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Contract extension, “broke” Jj continuing to light money on fire. The entire bench should be young, cheap players. Rugani makes a couple million and is always mediocre and obviously not a prospect or anything. Terrible decision.
I feel like this would be a normal take a couple of years ago but Rugani has been solid and even decisive when called upon more recently. For 1.5m+bonuses or whatever it is I'm not too concerned.

Why does the bench have to be all cheap, young players? Surely young players need to play. There's nothing wrong with having experience in squad roles.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Solid veterans on very cheap contracts that don't demand minutes and are experienced enough to be consistent in their approach despite months between games.

Those are useful fringe depth players to have. Especially as semi culture bearers by being long term fixtures in the organisation that can teach a thing or two to new players and youth players.

Someone reliable as depth player going from 3.3m a year to 1.5m a year is not lighting money on fire. Especially when he is fine with not playing and been solid past 2 seasons as 4th/5th CB.

Any youngster getting his role would be unsatisfied and want to move, as Demiral did. Any young CB we have we should use as much as possible so they can develop and hopefully grow into a starter.

That's not Ruganis role, he is emergency depth in case of injuries and been a professional that does his job.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I feel like this would be a normal take a couple of years ago but Rugani has been solid and even decisive when called upon more recently. For 1.5m+bonuses or whatever it is I'm not too concerned.

Why does the bench have to be all cheap, young players? Surely young players need to play. There's nothing wrong with having experience in squad roles.
It’s Sandro we need to kick to the curb.

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
So after all of Demiral, De Winter, Dragusin, De Ligt, Benatia, Chiellini, Bonucci, he will even 'outlive' Bremer?
He gives me the vibe of those kind of guys one sees in every corporation who doesn't talk to anyone, not good at his job but is never late for work, elite colleagues joining and leaving and after years and years he is still there, never changed his cubicle.

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
So after all of Demiral, De Winter, Dragusin, De Ligt, Benatia, Chiellini, Bonucci, he will even 'outlive' Bremer?
He gives me the vibe of those kind of guys one sees in every corporation who doesn't talk to anyone, not good at his job but is never late for work, elite colleagues joining and leaving and after years and years he is still there, never changed his cubicle.
A quiet guy who gets the job done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 89)