Daniele Rugani (43 Viewers)

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
He's had a shit ton of chances here. Let's not act like the guy never played.
I don't get the revisionist views around Rugani

He often fucked up when surrounded by much better player to the point he was relegated to emergency depth. Wether or not he comes good now is irrelevant. He had chances to slot into a better Juve side and usually disappointed.

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
It was unreal how Shomurodov outran him in the action which led to the corner from which Cagliari scored.
It was Locatelli who was outran.
solid as a rotational cb → a run of good games as a starter → brainfart in a key game → be in the doghouse → people forget he's even in the squad → solid as a rotational cb
He's now in phase 2.

After the international break it's the derby d'Italia. Since we are not playing in Europe it is simply the biggest game for us this szn, so:

If he starts but has a brainfart, the loop continues and he'll never be a late bloomer.
If he doesn't fuck up this time and dishes up another solid performance, maybe it's time we consider making him a starter.

Edi_K

Nov 6, 2021
People really hard on him , i wrote it a few times i the forum and people laughed at me.
Just before Villarreal game he had a few games in a raw where he performed well, and he really showed good level , then this game came , and i remember saying to my self shit this game plays so well so qiet , easily always at the right place and the right time , and then this small mistake, his leg was away by 1 cm from the ball , the truth is he was not guilty in being putted in this very bad situation and he was extremely unlucky, Allegri subbed him off right away and never let him play since (maby 4 times since then Until like 3 weeks ago). And that crushed and killed his confidence. But the truth is other players did much more mistakes then him and always were forgiven , how many times bonnuci fucked up, how many times chillini got stupied red cards which made us loose, i think people are too hard on him , and I truly believe his is very underrated , he needs time and confidence in him,

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
To be honest he was another victim of allegri. Could have been a world class defender in any other italian team with another coach. But his potential was never developed by the terrorist.

Dont get me wrong, im not a fan of him, and he did a lot of bullshit mistakes while being here.. but he needed someone to make him reach the next level and Allegri clearly is not the kind of guy who nurtures youth. He never reached that point and in fact regressed, being void of confidence and mentorship. Above all confidence and mental work.

We will maybe never know his true potential. Or maybe after allegri leaves he will turn good. he is 29 so he can give us some good years before retirement with proper guidance.

Btw #allegriOut lol fud that dud

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
To be honest he was another victim of allegri. Could have been a world class defender in any other italian team with another coach. But his potential was never developed by the terrorist.

Dont get me wrong, im not a fan of him, and he did a lot of bullshit mistakes while being here.. but he needed someone to make him reach the next level and Allegri clearly is not the kind of guy who nurtures youth. He never reached that point and in fact regressed, being void of confidence and mentorship. Above all confidence and mental work.

We will maybe never know his true potential. Or maybe after allegri leaves he will turn good. he is 29 so he can give us some good years before retirement with proper guidance.

Misconception. Allegri always had great teams but still gave many talents their debuts, etc. Don't think he should've played Rugani more when he had BBC, Thiago Silva, etc. and Rugani was making mistake after mistake.

Now people will obviously see me as an Allegri-apologist which I'm not but let's be real here. Rugani always was a pussy. Claiming he could've been a world class player? Not sure if serious.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

:lol:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I'm not sure he is the type to act like that, he doesn’t come across that way at least.

To be fair he usually played well in Serie A, it was the CL where he had his big errors.
That’s on the management for having a Serie B player as depth for CL matches when your primary CB are injured. He should never start in CL but he did and both matches he cost us big.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)