Daniele Rugani (96 Viewers)

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Back to the bench he goes. But he will do well a month or two from now against Empoli and Lecce when Allegri finally has given up on Sandro or we are fortunate to find the latter with a muscle injury.

Jun 16, 2020
Misconception. Allegri always had great teams but still gave many talents their debuts, etc. Don't think he should've played Rugani more when he had BBC, Thiago Silva, etc. and Rugani was making mistake after mistake.

Now people will obviously see me as an Allegri-apologist which I'm not but let's be real here. Rugani always was a pussy. Claiming he could've been a world class player? Not sure if serious.
Rugani has always been a solid defender, it’s really about mentality with him. Making ‘mistake after mistake’ really is an unjust statement. His fault was always being okay as a 5th choice, while never making that leap to someone who was ready to replace one of the older guys. He remained a bit too skinny aswel. Then there was his salary which everyone rightfully deemed to high aswel for the role that he played within the team.

If we compare him to the other eternal bench sitter (De Sciglio) from a quality pov Rugani is way ahead.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Rugani has always been a solid defender, it’s really about mentality with him. Making ‘mistake after mistake’ really is an unjust statement. His fault was always being okay as a 5th choice, while never making that leap to someone who was ready to replace one of the older guys. He remained a bit too skinny aswel. Then there was his salary which everyone rightfully deemed to high aswel for the role that he played within the team.

If we compare him to the other eternal bench sitter (De Sciglio) from a quality pov Rugani is way ahead.
Really agree with a lot of this.

The perception of him has always been a bit tainted due to disappointment I feel. After that No Yellow Card year at Empoli, there were hopes we had a young star CB to add to our team and for whatever reason (lack of opportunities, lack of development on his part, reached his ceiling) he never reached that point that a lot of people wanted from him.

I still didn't mind him on the team if not for his very high wages. I've wanted him gone and felt he also has shown a lack of ambition in not accepting a moving to another club to be a starter permanently but he's also been mostly okay for us. He's had some bad games and some good games, inconsistency is the killer of a defender tbh. If he was 1.5 or 2m wages, I'd be okay with him being our 5th CB. But at 3.5m of whatever, fuck that.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I’ve come around on Rugani, not that I ever really hated him. But maybe he’s another one of those defenders that peaks later in their career. He’s reliable now and never complains. Allegedly taking a paycut to stay. If he keeps putting in performances he should push for more playing time. Competition is a good thing.

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
He's the only cb in the squad who is comfortable either as a central cb or a left or right off-centre cb. I actually think that the Rugani - Bremer -Danilo three-man defense should be our first option since it allows Danilo to play at rcb which clearly seems to be his natural side. Also it is because Rugani is a better defender than Gatti, not that I don't like the latter.

But then we're going back to the old topic about his mentality. The guy is just totally satisfied with his backup role and never pushes for a starter spot lul.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 86)