Daniele Rugani (30 Viewers)

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Rugani's current stats of having played every minute so far makes me think of Bonucci. I don't remember Bonucci's season with Bari but apparently he played every minute of his first season (all 38 matches) in SerieA before his move to Juve. Anyone with memory of Bonucci with Bari find any similarities??

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Rugani's current stats of having played every minute so far makes me think of Bonucci. I don't remember Bonucci's season with Bari but apparently he played every minute of his first season (all 38 matches) in SerieA before his move to Juve. Anyone with memory of Bonucci with Bari find any similarities??
They both don't really dive around when making tackles, tend to be stand up tacklers mostly. But Rugani positions his body in more natural ways :D He also doesn't stand off as much as Bonucci.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
At Bari he played in a back 4 with Rannochia in the middle with him. They had one of the most solid defenses that season and it was Bari.

- - - Updated - - -

At Bari he became first choice in central defence under head coach Giampiero Ventura, showing a composed yet strong and effective defensive style. He formed an extremely strong partnership with Andrea Ranocchia which was so effective that, as of the midway point in the 2009–10 season, Bari had the second best defensive record in Serie A. The strong partnership ended after Ranocchia got injured in mid-season and was ruled out for the remaining fixtures.

I checked it

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
They both don't really dive around when making tackles, tend to be stand up tacklers mostly. But Rugani positions his body in more natural ways :D He also doesn't stand off as much as Bonucci.
plays last defender like Bonucci, so maybe don't need to dive around; hope he's stronger in headers though, got optimistic when I saw that he got goals to his name but few headers I think.

At Bari he played in a back 4 with Rannochia in the middle with him. They had one of the most solid defenses that season and it was Bari.
I checked it
I checked as well. I was asking for an opinion about Rugani. also trying to push a point that Rugani meets the experience requirement for a defender before being given a chance at Juve :D One full year in SerieA is enough to please Juve, less if you consider Ogbonna's case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)