Daniele Rugani (18 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
That is an amazing piece of business, but I assume that you are going to credit Paratici for this, because after all, he is the reason for all of the good deals, according to you :D
Well that's one way looking at it, another is that we are paying for our own player to come back :sergio:

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Well that's one way looking at it, another is that we are paying for our own player to come back :sergio:
Oh come on, we got perhaps the most promising Italian defender at the moment for peanuts and you still complain? :D

This is why actual valid criticism of Marotta isn't taken seriously.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Oh come on, we got perhaps the most promising Italian defender at the moment for peanuts and you still complain? :D

This is why actual valid criticism of Marotta isn't taken seriously.
Nothing to do with Marotta, I am simply against loans and co-owns. I find it ridiculous when some fans get excited for paying to get OUR OWN players back.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Nothing to do with Marotta, I am simply against loans and co-owns. I find it ridiculous when some fans get excited for paying to get OUR OWN players back.
Well, most of the time you gotta pay the small teams something for developing your players. If that's done via co-owns, loan agreements or buy-back options à la Carvajal doesn't really matter imo.

If the excitment is what bugs you I can somewhat understand it though I guess.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Well, most of the time you gotta pay the small teams something for developing your players. If that's done via co-owns, loan agreements or buy-back options à la Carvajal doesn't really matter imo.

:agree: + hes practically their player. we signed him in 2013 (on co-own i think) after he spent a season on loan in our primavera...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

No, not the excitement, the idea of sending your own players away to develop instead of developing them at your club.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
No, not the excitement, the idea of sending your own players away to develop instead of developing them at your club.
What would be the alternative? We can't play every unproven youngster to develop them, not to mention that only ~10% of them turn out good anyways (at every club in general). That would be not only ridiculous but significantly harm our results, we'd never be able to win titles that way, not even the oh-so-weak Serie A.

In most cases, the youngsters stay at an environment they know and are comfortable in as well, e.g. Rugani, Berardi, Zaza, there's no danger of moving them around too much in unstable conditions. And in other cases where the player's talents are deemed good enough we've shown that we will make exceptions and let them prove themselves in our first team, just take Pogba, Coman, or to a certain extent Mattiello as examples.

I'd say the only case wher we've defenitely made a mistake was Giovinco.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
We're not Udinese to develope players. You cannot achieve important objectives and at the same time give good number of minutes to youngster in order for them to develope. This really shouldn't be too hard concept to understand. Rugani has been a starting CB in Empoli for a while now, making plenty of mistakes in the beginning. Club of Juve's stature cannot tolerate these kind of mistakes if our goals are important trophies, but we also cannot and shouldn't put pressure on youngsters to immediately deliver the results, hence the solution is to loan them, finding them appropriate environment for their current level.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Do you think Real Madrid is upset that they gave Carvajal to Leverkusen for one season and then bought him back for 5M?

Boksic

May 11, 2005
We're not Udinese to develope players. You cannot achieve important objectives and at the same time give good number of minutes to youngster in order for them to develope. This really shouldn't be too hard concept to understand. Rugani has been a starting CB in Empoli for a while now, making plenty of mistakes in the beginning. Club of Juve's stature cannot tolerate these kind of mistakes if our goals are important trophies, but we also cannot and shouldn't put pressure on youngsters to immediately deliver the results, hence the solution is to loan them, finding them appropriate environment for their current level.
:agree:

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
new generation for next 3-4 years. juve isnt good enough to the CL.need to new player with Varied Features
coman + rugani +Mattiello + Sturaro
they can help out for games as juve compete for the CL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)