Daniele Rugani (24 Viewers)

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Giménez would be awesome. De Vrij would also be good on a free transfer. Get those two and Caldara. Let Barza retiré, sell Benatia and dont take up the option on Howedes.
I don't think both will arrive it is either gimenez or de vrij hopefully good right back will also arrive

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Maybe if we gave him more chances he would actually be capable of stepping up this season. Our defense is a shambles, its worth taking a risk on a guy who has an upward trajectory in his career. If we did this earlier we might not be in such a shaky position now.

Either that or sell him, if we aren't willing to show any faith in him when others are failing then just cash in.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
This guy should play no matter what.
Allegri advise him to improve in one on one situation, then he should play and have feeling about the game.
Playing Chiellini and Barzagli would getting us nowhere, Both of them are so old and should have become backup this season and let our future growing

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Rugani clearly struggles with personality and confidence, n. 1 qualities for a young Italian to succeed at Juve.

And he never struck me as all that huge talent people talk about.

But regardless, you can say Allegri's choices only contribute to destroy the guy's confidence. Guy just disappeared

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Rugani clearly struggles with personality and confidence, n. 1 qualities for a young Italian to succeed at Juve.

And he never struck me as all that huge talent people talk about.

But regardless, you can say Allegri's choices only contribute to destroy the guy's confidence. Guy just disappeared
Can you please share those clear indicators as I have seen none? Rugani got no less chances than Benatia so far which is normal at the beginning of the season. It would be stupid from Allegri not to show to the players that each of them has a clear page and a chance to become a starter. Daniele is still a young player, especially for a defender so I'm very calm about his development.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Now he struggles with personality? Based on what? The guy has been a model teammate, and everybody I've heard speak within the organization has raved about his professionalism, the way he's trained and comported himself while riding the bench.

Maybe people should dial down their expectations, when we're talking about somebody who turned 23 in the summer, and is playing in a crucial position for one of the biggest clubs in the world? Think that might be fair? I highly, highly doubt he has some huge issue with self-confidence. Things will get a bit nervy at times while he's still trying to stake his place, but he needs to get minutes and make mistakes to grow. The guy is trying to break into what has been the best club defense in the world (IMO) -- certainly top 3 -- for awhile. A defense that is obviously in disarray, given an aging and declining right back, a 36 y/o Barza, a 33 y/o Chiello, and a Bonucci defection.

Also, while it's obviously a team game, we haven't dropped a single point with Rugani in the lineup. So it's not like he's been costing this club wins.

Patience.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Maybe if we gave him more chances he would actually be capable of stepping up this season. Our defense is a shambles, its worth taking a risk on a guy who has an upward trajectory in his career. If we did this earlier we might not be in such a shaky position now.

Either that or sell him, if we aren't willing to show any faith in him when others are failing then just cash in.
+1

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Now he struggles with personality? Based on what? The guy has been a model teammate, and everybody I've heard speak within the organization has raved about his professionalism, the way he's trained and comported himself while riding the bench.

Maybe people should dial down their expectations, when we're talking about somebody who turned 23 in the summer, and is playing in a crucial position for one of the biggest clubs in the world? Think that might be fair? I highly, highly doubt he has some huge issue with self-confidence. Things will get a bit nervy at times while he's still trying to stake his place, but he needs to get minutes and make mistakes to grow. The guy is trying to break into what has been the best club defense in the world (IMO) -- certainly top 3 -- for awhile. A defense that is obviously in disarray, given an aging and declining right back, a 36 y/o Barza, a 33 y/o Chiello, and a Bonucci defection.

Also, while it's obviously a team game, we haven't dropped a single point with Rugani in the lineup. So it's not like he's been costing this club wins.

Patience.
Hide yo wife, hide yo kids, Rollie in the House

:tup:

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Hopefully caldara is not given the same treatment as Rugani we will more likely sign one cb between de vrij or gimenez depends on who is available for free
Situation will not be the same. When Rugani arrived there were those 3 worldclass defenders in the squad. When Caldara arrives next summer there will be Chiellini and shit in the squad, so I think the probability of getting playing time will be much higher for him.

- - - Updated - - -

But why Rugani isn't playing more often in this season, I don't know either. :boh:

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Situation will not be the same. When Rugani arrived there were those 3 worldclass defenders in the squad. When Caldara arrives next summer there will be Chiellini and $#@! in the squad, so I think the probability of getting playing time will be much higher for him.

- - - Updated - - -

But why Rugani isn't playing more often in this season, I don't know either. :boh:
Allegri likes experienced defender but he will sooner or later will have to start Rugani as barzagli and benatia are past their prime

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Reports suggest he wont start tonight (again). Last time he played was at home vs Fiorentina. I try to remember if he had any mistakes that game, anything that he failed at, but I cant. Still I, for one, am not worried that he`s not playing at this moment, he`s still a young player with lots of potential and strengths, and seems like he`s valued really high by the club and the coach - reports that the club rejected several offers for Daniele, one from Arsenal comes to mind, stating that the player is too important for Juventus and has a future here, and of course Allegri`s coments every time Rugani`s name pops up, he says all the kind and positive things. I trust the coach`s decision to use a delicate approach when the task is slowly introducing an young player into the starting 11. I believe that Daniele will be an important player for us and he`ll start games when the coach feels that he`s ready.

Now, what bothers me, is that even if he`s not entirely ready to be a starter, the people that actually start for us in those several games from the start of the campaign are not ready either. Benatia is a weak player, he lost his mojo, he was a good player before joining Bayern and for now we seem unable to revive him. I dont want to insult him, but he`s more of a liability to our defence, Barza is not that better choice either, he should be used mainly as a sub at the end of some games where we need his experience and leadership on the field, he can no longer play from the start of the game, he`s a football veteran and a professor at defending, its unfair to expect from him the same level of performance like few years ago, its simple - the more he plays, the more tired, exhausted and slow he`ll look and that would make him, like Benatia, a liability.

So in that situation, trusting a young and probably still not 100% ready Rugani instead of both Benatia and Barzagli seems to me like a well calculated risk and with his record so far for both Juve and Empoli the odds are still in his favour of producing solid and encouraging displays rather than failing to do so and becoming a liability in defence. Just my two cents...

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
He started all of first fucking 5 Serie A matches this season, and then it stopped suddenly and he hasn't played a minute since that Fiorentina game. It's kind of weird, i have to admit.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Reports suggest he wont start tonight (again). Last time he played was at home vs Fiorentina. I try to remember if he had any mistakes that game, anything that he failed at, but I cant. Still I, for one, am not worried that he`s not playing at this moment, he`s still a young player with lots of potential and strengths, and seems like he`s valued really high by the club and the coach - reports that the club rejected several offers for Daniele, one from Arsenal comes to mind, stating that the player is too important for Juventus and has a future here, and of course Allegri`s coments every time Rugani`s name pops up, he says all the kind and positive things. I trust the coach`s decision to use a delicate approach when the task is slowly introducing an young player into the starting 11. I believe that Daniele will be an important player for us and he`ll start games when the coach feels that he`s ready.

Now, what bothers me, is that even if he`s not entirely ready to be a starter, the people that actually start for us in those several games from the start of the campaign are not ready either. Benatia is a weak player, he lost his mojo, he was a good player before joining Bayern and for now we seem unable to revive him. I dont want to insult him, but he`s more of a liability to our defence, Barza is not that better choice either, he should be used mainly as a sub at the end of some games where we need his experience and leadership on the field, he can no longer play from the start of the game, he`s a football veteran and a professor at defending, its unfair to expect from him the same level of performance like few years ago, its simple - the more he plays, the more tired, exhausted and slow he`ll look and that would make him, like Benatia, a liability.

So in that situation, trusting a young and probably still not 100% ready Rugani instead of both Benatia and Barzagli seems to me like a well calculated risk and with his record so far for both Juve and Empoli the odds are still in his favour of producing solid and encouraging displays rather than failing to do so and becoming a liability in defence. Just my two cents...
Allegri comments on rugani last week
Daniele? Rugani has grown a lot, but he has to make the last step. I’m content, putting aside the fact he’s still young. He’s quick, it’s difficult to get past him but he needs to improve his one-on-one positioning. He has to improve his anticipation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)