Daniele Rugani (30 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Is benatia injury serious
looked more like a knock but we'll see in a couple of days if it's serious. A knock for him could mean out for a while. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Barzagli did not play an entire match and Lichtsteiner had a good rest now. Lichtsteiner Barzagli Chiellini Asamoah against Udinese, you can bet your house on it.
I won't take this bet, I just can't.

Buy on AliExpress.com

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Can you please share those clear indicators as I have seen none? Rugani got no less chances than Benatia so far which is normal at the beginning of the season. It would be stupid from Allegri not to show to the players that each of them has a clear page and a chance to become a starter. Daniele is still a young player, especially for a defender so I'm very calm about his development.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
He really needs more continuity. Allegri vanishes him for long periods of time. And considering the state of our defenders, he definitely could use this continuity.

- - - Updated - - -

Now he struggles with personality? Based on what? The guy has been a model teammate, and everybody I've heard speak within the organization has raved about his professionalism, the way he's trained and comported himself while riding the bench.

Maybe people should dial down their expectations, when we're talking about somebody who turned 23 in the summer, and is playing in a crucial position for one of the biggest clubs in the world? Think that might be fair? I highly, highly doubt he has some huge issue with self-confidence. Things will get a bit nervy at times while he's still trying to stake his place, but he needs to get minutes and make mistakes to grow. The guy is trying to break into what has been the best club defense in the world (IMO) -- certainly top 3 -- for awhile. A defense that is obviously in disarray, given an aging and declining right back, a 36 y/o Barza, a 33 y/o Chiello, and a Bonucci defection.

Also, while it's obviously a team game, we haven't dropped a single point with Rugani in the lineup. So it's not like he's been costing this club wins.

Patience.
It's just about imposing himself on the pitch. It's very clear he is a pretty shy boy and needs to build confidence with time and continuity.

A simple comparison: Morata. Guy showed personality and aggressiveness from minute 1. I do think it's a matter of personality and his full potential is still unknown considering this. Don't know how good he could be if he improves confidence.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
It's just about imposing himself on the pitch. It's very clear he is a pretty shy boy and needs to build confidence with time and continuity.

A simple comparison: Morata. Guy showed personality and aggressiveness from minute 1. I do think it's a matter of personality and his full potential is still unknown considering this. Don't know how good he could be if he improves confidence.
Alright, Pedro, I get what you're saying. But that's not that unusual for a young guy trying to take over the mantle from world class CBs at one of the biggest clubs in the world. He'll grow in confidence with more playing time, as he comes to feel he belongs his game will improve -- and he'll grow as a person.

He's not a rah-rah guy, not going to try to intimidate players. But that doesn't mean he won't be a great player/professional.

Also, Morata is a great example. Alvarito has the goods, and he'll be class for a very long time. Wish he had never left. But he did go through some growing pains in that second season -- a lot of which was down to growing pains off the pitch. Sometimes life is hard.

Gotta be patient with Rugani. 23 is very young for a defender, especially in Italy.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Even if everything works out (despite Rugani not playing), it will still be like having a fly buzzing around always out of reach to smack... hence annoying. I really like Rugani and want him to become the one he is destined to become - and I want it to be here. I want him to have a year of FULL experience so we can introduce Caldara slowly next year and not be forced in.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Alright, Pedro, I get what you're saying. But that's not that unusual for a young guy trying to take over the mantle from world class CBs at one of the biggest clubs in the world. He'll grow in confidence with more playing time, as he comes to feel he belongs his game will improve -- and he'll grow as a person.

He's not a rah-rah guy, not going to try to intimidate players. But that doesn't mean he won't be a great player/professional.

Also, Morata is a great example. Alvarito has the goods, and he'll be class for a very long time. Wish he had never left. But he did go through some growing pains in that second season -- a lot of which was down to growing pains off the pitch. Sometimes life is hard.

Gotta be patient with Rugani. 23 is very young for a defender, especially in Italy.
Oh I'm patient with him, what I think is that Allegri should definitely be playing him more regularly.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Oh I'm patient with him, what I think is that Allegri should definitely be playing him more regularly.
A hell of a lot more than he is, yes. He’ll play him at RB to get minutes. He can’t be worse than Stu or barz at RB and that way we ar least get him on some kind of growth plan

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, check your Facebook messages. ;)
Lol I don’t even use it anymore

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Max Allegri being his usual self at the press conference today

“Rugani will play tomorrow. I hadn’t seen many guarantees from him in training and preferred to use other players in certain games"

It's nice to see Rugani will finally start a game tho. :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)