Dani Alves (9 Viewers)

Xorim

Aug 31, 2015
Fkn hell man, I am not mad about him gone, at least after all that sh*t he said and posted.
But I am really disgruntled that sh*t like this makes us look like a weak ass club. Now we have to search urgently for a RB and clubs will raise their prices to 30-40m for some standard dude

We definitely need to somehow go back to the roots and start integrating more italian players, thats the only chance we can get top players (if they exist) and keep them.
Every talented foreign player will be leaving after a few seasons if we contiune like this.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Fkn hell man, I am not mad about him gone, at least after all that sh*t he said and posted.
But I am really disgruntled that sh*t like this makes us look like a weak ass club. Now we have to search urgently for a RB and clubs will raise their prices to 30-40m for some standard dude

We definitely need to somehow go back to the roots and start integrating more italian players, thats the only chance we can get top players (if they exist) and keep them.
Every talented foreign player will be leaving after a few seasons if we contiune like this.
We kinda have this discussion each time we sell some guy :D

Xorim

Aug 31, 2015
We kinda have this discussion each time we sell some guy :D
yeah well, probably because it's true :eek:

Good riddance. Was a mistake to bring such a retard here.
He was a perfect solution to improve our weak right wing and he helped to get to the final. Not sure if we had done that with licht RB, or our 352.
But you are right, he's has less neurons than a potatoe. Imho intelligence is a big part of a player having class (see del piero or buffon). For the same reason I think getting Iniesta would work completely different. Even though he is also barca by heart, he's a smart guy unlike alves and wouldn't pull off stupid sh*t like this.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
OK, we really are not handling this case well..Beppe needs to really turn this around, we look weak as F, even Milan is able to give Donnaruma some smack and even have thoughts of renegotiating now.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Summer after summer we confirm that we spineless. This does not mean that the management are not doing a great job, the results speak for themselves and we don't have the right to complain in the big picture. It is those small details that keep on repeating that makes us look like we are not a club aiming to stay at the highest level.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
I don't think he walks for "free" per say.

If Man City offered 5m euros, then we would naturally have accepted it. I simply don't think anyone is willing to pay that much for a decaying 34 old full back.

Besides, we don't know what contract Alves has. Rescinding the contract by mutual consent gives the club the opportunity to dictate terms of his contract termination. He might be entitled to some bonuses for winning Coppa, Serie A and reaching the CL final. Who knows, maybe these bonuses reached a significant sum and can be avoiding by cancelling the contract before a certain date. In this case, a termination could prove beneficial for the club. He surely must have had some heavy bonuses to sign with us in the first place.

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
Played about 3-4 good games for us late on and managed to win our hearts. Turns out to be a major asshole less than a month later. Haha. Maybe Barca wasn't the bad guy in their breakup.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Dani Alves is a unique situation, can't throw it in with other moves like Pogba, this one has absolutely nothing to do with our "strength in retaining players". He made a bizarre choice joining us in the first place, totally unexpected if we're all being honest. He was 34 years old coming to a different country. He fancies a move somewhere else, probably City with Pep. I don't get the problem here. Are we going to force a player with 1-2 years of a top flight career left to stay, or is it because we aren't squeezing a token fee for him? If he wants to go let him go, he's not a player with any ties to Juventus. Yes it's a shame because he was real quality and clutch at key moments last season. Right backs like him don't come along very often, but he was always going to be a stop-gap.

There was a telling interview he did a couple of months ago which made me wonder whether he would be here next season, it was along the lines of how different the culture was here, the dressing room was more serious and he had to adapt but he just got on with it. I think he was professional when he had to be but now wants to move on.

Hated, loved, hated. What a rollercoaster a year of Dani Alves is.

Alex Sandro, now that's a totally different thing altogether. He says he wants to stay and we want him to stay, that's a situation we need to control and keep in our favour.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Dani Alves is a unique situation, can't throw it in with other moves like Pogba, this one has absolutely nothing to do with our "strength in retaining players". He made a bizarre choice joining us in the first place, totally unexpected if we're all being honest. He was 34 years old coming to a different country. He fancies a move somewhere else, probably City with Pep. I don't get the problem here. Are we going to force a player with 1-2 years of a top flight career left to stay, or is it because we aren't squeezing a token fee for him? If he wants to go let him go, he's not a player with any ties to Juventus. Yes it's a shame because he was real quality and clutch at key moments last season. Right backs like him don't come along very often, but he was always going to be a stop-gap.

There was a telling interview he did a couple of months ago which made me wonder whether he would be here next season, it was along the lines of how different the culture was here, the dressing room was more serious and he had to adapt but he just got on with it. I think he was professional when he had to be but now wants to move on.

Alex Sandro, now that's a totally different thing altogether. He says he wants to stay and we want him to stay, that's a situation we need to control and keep in our favour.
I remember that story too. On how he initially had to find his way, then wanted to show what he can do, but also defend or buffon would be shouting

i'm sad about it. If he wanted to leave, he should have done it in a polite way.

"just tell the management you want out", right guys :baus:

But seriously, exactly that. not this shit with dybala and his boots. He seems frustrated. Tought he'd come here and beat everything, failed and now wants to release his frustration

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

I guess going out in a press conference and repeating that then adding that it is up to the player can send a message that makes the player think twice.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I guess going out in a press conference and repeating that then adding that it is up to the player can send a message that makes the player think twice.
It also doesn't help our bargaining position either. To me, it sends the signal that the only reason why we are selling a player is because he doesn't want to be here anymore. If I am the purchasing club, I would use that as leverage, taking into consideration that the player could be a problem for us to have to deal with if we don't sell him.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
To me, it sends the signal that the only reason why we are selling a player is because he doesn't want to be here anymore.
Te me, it sends the signal that we give up on any say on outgoing transfers and hand the decision to the players.

The most common thing in world football is denying transfers to player and this what Beppe has now officially announced to refrain from.

Our team is solely dependant on player goodwill which is terrifying.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It also doesn't help our bargaining position either. To me, it sends the signal that the only reason why we are selling a player is because he doesn't want to be here anymore. If I am the purchasing club, I would use that as leverage, taking into consideration that the player could be a problem for us to have to deal with if we don't sell him.
Yes I totally agree and we have been living it every summer now. It's about time we change our policies now that we are in the highlight. Maybe this helped us reach where we are but now we need a new way of shrewdness to stay here and move even further.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)