Dani Alves (11 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
he's worse than isla.

yeah i know its early and all, but you expect better from a player of his class.

maybe he's past it after all

OP
Bianconero_Aus

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
  • Thread Starter #543
    he's worse than isla.

yeah i know its early and all, but you expect better from a player of his class.

Yeah, that's true, but in my opinion he's worse than isla.

Mar 3, 2014
    Very strange idea:

What about playing Alves in a central role?

Could be a complete flop, but the guy has lost a step in terms of explosiveness, but is an incredible playmaker, good dribbler, and proficient tackler. He seems to like playing in central regions anyways.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
    Very strange idea:

Could be a complete flop, but the guy has lost a step in terms of explosiveness, but is an incredible playmaker, good dribbler, and proficient tackler. He seems to like playing in central regions anyways.
    Could potentially work, however Allegri like most other italian coaches is probably way to conservative to risk it.

Jun 6, 2015
    Very strange idea:

I think Alex Sandro is likelier to move inside if needed as Allegri has already tried him there on couple of occasions.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Another potential option is Alves in a central role. He is mobile, good vision, good in tight spaces, can tackle, make intelligent runs, and likes playing in the middle of the pitch (as we saw vs. Lazio). He has also been our possession hub in the midfield so far in the season. Check the possession stats, it has been going to him. If injuries become a real problem, he could probably play there.
    Very strange idea:

Why are you polluting the forum with your spamming?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Clearly you don't like the idea - although it isn't exactly uncommon to have wide players move inside later in their careers. That being said, it was an idea, and on-topic, but I'm not married to it.
    I am not opposed to the idea per se. Not sure Dani Alves would be suited for it though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)