Dani Alves (11 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
GOAT RB just going GOAT things. What a player.
You said it mane

- - - Updated - - -

Insane. What a player. And how the hell did he improve so much defensively? Must have worked like crazy in training.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
He's always been good defensively. The talk about him underperforming as a defender is nothing but a myth. People love to exaggerate.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
:agree:

its because he goes forward so often, people think that. 1on1 as well as when the team falls back in the defensive shape, hes flawless
You said it mane

- - - Updated - - -

He's always been good defensively. The talk about him underperforming as a defender is nothing but a myth. People love to exaggerate.
Yeah, I'm going to disagree. He made quite a lot of mistakes both with Barca and Brazil. He wasn't awful, just ordinary defensively. Now he's a monster.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yeah, I'm going to disagree. He made quite a lot of mistakes both with Barca and Brazil. He wasn't awful, just ordinary defensively. Now he's a monster.
its mostly because these teams dont defend well team wise. hell, even Mascherano looks vulnerable at barcelona

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Incredible player, he can do everything.

That cross for Mandzukic was perfect, you could see him picking him out before he hit it.

I read at half time he had the most touches, most tackles and retained possession more than anyone in the first half.

What a signing. is another great example of how joining Juve can turn a talented yet somewhat lazy/ undisciplined player into a $#@!ing machine

He always had the talent now he has the spirit!
:agree:

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Think Barcelona tiki taka era at the top of their game, how rarely that team had to defend? They'd force their adversaries to stay in their own halves 90 mins of the match. This guy was pretty much an attacker, if you will. And come on, last decent Brazil was 2006, can't be used as an example.

The point is people did exaggerate about his mistakes, we could say the same about Chiellini's. He does seem to have improved though I must agree. Max knows his shit and can make him play as a solid addition to an already solid defense

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Think Barcelona tiki taka era at the top of their game, how rarely that team had to defend? They'd force their adversaries to stay in their own halves 90 mins of the match. This guy was pretty much an attacker, if you will. And come on, last decent Brazil was 2006, can't be used as an example.

The point is people did exaggerate about his mistakes, we could say the same about Chiellini's. He does seem to have improved though I must agree. Max knows his shit and can make him play as a solid addition to an already solid defense
People exaggerate massively. Dude was always excellent defensively for Barca. He is actually an amazing tackler. He takes some big risks, but always had the pace to recover, and his slide tackles from behind were always brilliant.

- - - Updated - - -

That was only in the last year or two at Barca as he lost a bit of pace and could no longer get back into position as fast. Some of his gambles ended up being very poor decisions. But before that he was always excellent defensively.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
He was just so so so good that even Mandzo, Dybala and JGC missed sitters that could gave a couple of more assists to the count of this monster.

Messi watching the game started to realize that behind his legend it was a man that didn't get credit enough... MONSTER

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
People exaggerate massively. Dude was always excellent defensively for Barca. He is actually an amazing tackler. He takes some big risks, but always had the pace to recover, and his slide tackles from behind were always brilliant.

- - - Updated - - -

That was only in the last year or two at Barca as he lost a bit of pace and could no longer get back into position as fast. Some of his gambles ended up being very poor decisions. But before that he was always excellent defensively.
Maybe I'm a bit hard on him. At the very least he looks twice the player now compared to last year though. Defensively and offensively.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Maybe I'm a bit hard on him. At the very least he looks twice the player now compared to last year though. Defensively and offensively.
Agree with this for sure. Even during their treble in 2015 he was nowhere near as good as he has been for us.

The last time Dani Alves looked this great was in 2010-11 and 2011-12.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He was just so so so good that even Mandzo, Dybala and JGC missed sitters that could gave a couple of more assists to the count of this monster.

Messi watching the game started to realize that behind his legend it was a man that didn't get credit enough... MONSTER
time to give him the credit he deserves. #balondor2017

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)