Dani Alves (9 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I think he wouldve enjoyed the company of Tevez or Vidal or Caceres, but our core guys have always been down to earth northern Italians and even our SA guys like Higuain, Dybala and Sandro seem prett quiet, which probably means its hard for someone like Alves to fit in
FFS you dont know any of them off the pitch at all, so why talk about it?

Buy on AliExpress.com

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
FFS you dont know any of them off the pitch at all, so why talk about it?
Because in interviews people talk about who's the atmosphere guy in dressing rooms, who are their friends and for me it seems that recently we've gotten rid of lots of the type that Dani Alves would've enjoyed like Pepe, Vidal, Pogba, Caceres, Evra, Tevez and replaced them with a bit more boring guys, only Cuadrado strikes me as that fun type of person of our current team. I cant imagine Khedira or Pjanic putting on one of D.Alves ridiculous suits. Of course its my opinion not a fact, but almost.everything here is lol

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
People freaking out because he didn't celebrate against a team that had given him pretty much every domestic trophy possible.

Wow :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Was only being respectful
It's more about these comments he made a few days ago, not the lack of celebration:

“Juve dressing room a very different place? That’s one of the challenges I’ve had to face. I need to feel joy in my life. I need some atmosphere.

“I’m a big believer in energy, and I feel that what you do on the pitch reflects who you are off it. That’s one problem I’ve had.

“In Italy, team-mates can be a bit serious and not very expressive. I’m the complete opposite! I’m happy, fun to be around, and I like to get an atmosphere going.

“I feel a bit restricted in that respect and it makes me think there’s something lacking.

“But like I said, it’s a challenge, and I think I have a lot to offer Juve. I hope they get used me, but if they don’t, I’ll just try to fit in.”

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yeah so? Lol the guy is Brazilian that spent a decade playing in Spain. It's an adjustment and he isn't the first person to highlight the "serious" atmosphere at Juventus....you know, the whole "winning is the Juve DNA". He is a professional but a free spirit too so it's an adjustment for him.

Who the fuck cares lol

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure he told everyone that he didn't want to celebrate if we scored out of respect. Players do that all the time look at Higuain when he scored against Napoli he was more reserved.

enzo

May 14, 2012
I don't get it. He is just being honest and made a great game against Barca. There is nothing you can actually blame him for.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Here's a good article with not only how everything went down with him and Barcelona, but how he has been beneficial to our club.

SQUAWKA ANALYSIS Marooned with little hope of survival: Dani Alves left Barcelona as they left him By Muhammad Butt 12th Apr 2017

Marooned with little hope of survival: Dani Alves left Barcelona as they left him
In summer 2016, Barcelona let Dani Alves leave on a free transfer. In spring 2017, Dani Alves helped guide Juventus to thrash Barcelona 3-0.
They say that revenge is a dish that is best served cold. It is very cold in Turin. And Dani Alves is smiling from ear to ear over the battered and bruised corpse of Barcelona having played a key part in their dissection and dissemination.
The Blaugrana repeatedly made Dani Alves feel as though he wasn’t wanted, forcing him to play for his contract extension in 2014/15. And when he finally earned it with his best form since 2012, it was just for a year and they made very public noises about chasing a replacement all season.

The Brazilian was understandably upset, hence opting to depart the club on a free at the end of the season and join Juventus. And if the performance in the quarter-final first leg is anything to go by, that was a very smart choice on his part.
Alves’ performance in Turin was no fluke, either. He’s been excellent all season for his new club, despite breaking his leg in November. He has rebounded from that setback spectacularly and continued on his merry way to helping Juve once again dominate the domestic scene.

Dani Alves has won 17 take-ons at a rate of 73%, 20 aerial duels at a rate of 59% (impressive for a small wing-back) and while his tackle success rate is just 33% – his 22 tackles won is fourth in the Juventus squad. He’s created 30 chances for La Vecchia Signora; only four players have made more. And, again, remember that he missed two months with injury.

But Alves’ influence is most keenly felt in the Champions League. That mountainous challenge that Juve are so desperate to scale, having done so just twice in their history. Here Alves provides a steadying influence, again thriving in the duels – winning 16/39 tackles (more than any other Juventus player), 5/11 tackles and 5/8 headed duels.
More impressively, his 465 passes completed is higher than all full-backs bar David Alaba, and his 89% completion rate matches the Austrians. Where Alves stands apart is with his 21 chances created, which is along with Neymar, the most among any player remaining in the Champions League. And it’s worth remembering here that Neymar is a forward and Dani Alves is a full-back.
Speaking of Alves and Neymar, the two compatriots went head-to-head in Turin. The clash was loaded with history as the two played together for three years at Barcelona before Alves’ departure, winning a Champions League together as well as two consecutive domestic doubles.
But in Turin, they were enemies. Direct opponents on the Barcelona left (and Juventus right). And those who expected this to be something like the Thrilla in Manila, when Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier fought one of the most brutal contests ever. Instead they got something more like Muhammad Ali’s seven round battering of Sonny Liston.
Neymar is Barcelona’s main attacking conduit and their most creative player in the Champions League. His eight assists leads everyone else in the competition and he has evolved to be Barcelona’s main conduit in the final third. Their historic comeback against PSG, where they scored three goals in the last seven minutes of the match, was built almost fully on his brilliance.
So if you cage Lionel Messi with your entire side (a common practice these days) you need to be able to stop Neymar 1v1. And that’s exactly what Dani Alves did. He won 100% of his aerial duels, made four clearances and 1 interception. And although he won just 2/8 tackle attempts, those attempts pushed Neymar back and repeatedly stopped him building momentum.

And when you stop Neymar, you go a long way to shutting down Barcelona. Which is exactly what Juventus did yesterday (two awful misses from Andrés Iniesta and Luis Suárez after amazing Lionel Messi passes notwithstanding).

Finally, what Dani Alves adds off the field is perhaps most important of all: veteran leadership. An experience and knowledge of just how to win. It’s not like Juve were lacking for characters like this, but while Alves only makes them stronger, his departure cripples Barcelona in that regard.
In addition to the gaping hole he leaves at right-back, Dani Alves’ leaves a massive hole in the Barça locker room. His sense of fun, his resolve to sacrifice whatever it took to get the win. To deliver on potential and promise, to rebound from failure and churn out wins galore.
And while Alves is powering Juventus to what may well be a Treble, Barcelona’s defeat in Turin means they will probably have to console themselves with only the Copa del Rey this season. The Brazilian has had his revenge on the club who mistreated him so.
In the end, Dani Alves has left Barcelona as they left him, marooned with no support and little hope of survival. Buried alive… buried alive.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I get why he wouldn't want to celebrate, but even though he played a good game he said in that video "The sadness of my ex teammates is mine too."

Guy better not do an Evra or he'll get a lynching and an Alex Jones documentary :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

PS I love this man :heart:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
He did well versus Barca, but I cant say I think the season would've been different without Dani Alves. His role has been marginal at most.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
He did well versus Barca, but I cant say I think the season would've been different without Dani Alves. His role has been marginal at most.
His offensive contribution has been immense. Especially in the Champions League. He's created more chances that anyone else in the team. Lichtsteiner would have been nowhere near that.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
icemaη;5494857 said:
His offensive contribution has been immense. Especially in the Champions League. He's created more chances that anyone else in the team. Lichtsteiner would have been nowhere near that.
This.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I thought we were carrying him for the early months of the season, but he has really stepped it up since the turn of the year. Love his close control of the ball, and his experience in CL games has shone through throughout. Lichtsteiner probably still has the legs and grittiness about him but Dani's use of the ball is far superior and suits our current system more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)