Dani Alves - RWB - Barcelona (40 Viewers)

Dani Alves to Juve, are you ok with that?

• YES

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I dont understand this transfer, he is older than Licht and inferior to him, as he is worse at defending.
33 is a terrible age for fullbacks, as fullbacks more than any other else, rely on their speed and stamina and most of them are losing them at 33.
Unless we sell Licht and this is a decent downgrade, this transfer would only make sense if he would replace our MVP , but if we want a new Cuadrado, why not getting a RM then?
:tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Depends on what you are looking for, alves is much better crosser, better in possession, have a better outside shot but i don't think people realise how much he regressed in the last 2 years...

What Cuadrado adds to this team is very valuable, pace, and his dribbling is something we don't have, for example the goal he scored against bayern, be sure that Alves won't be scoring goals like that...

I don't see Alves as a direct replacement to Cuadrado because they bring different things to the table, and if i have the choice i would definetely keep the colombian.
Alves is not the same player anymore.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Alves inferior to Licht in what world?

Lichteiner is a little overrated in this forums to be honest. The first 2 years with us he was class, specially the first year he was a monster. But he has faded from that performances.

Now he is very secure in defending, which is for what we use him mainly, to have a solid backline... but going forward he is very lacking as of late, and it puts too much stress on him to be running the flanks whole game.

Alves on the other hand has a deadly cross and has some technique to dribble past players.... but the best of alves is definitely his end product near the enemy goal area. Cuads and Licht got nothing on him on that department, and this will help us greatly in CL games.

For serie A, we can continue using Licht no problem, as long as we play him in a 4 man backline and not in a 352.

Exactly.

Cuads was frurstrating at times in that regard. Would dazzle himself past a few players then nothing would come of it.
Yup. he improved on that by the end of his spell this year... but Alves has been regular in his end product throuht his whole career. The guy is class.

My only concern is his age,, but well, lets hope he can maintain his form and above all, his drive, to continue playing at high levels.

I saw him playing with brazil some days ago and he looked fine.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Lichteiner is a little overrated in this forums to be honest. The first 2 years with us he was class, specially the first year he was a monster. But he has faded from that performances.

Now he is very secure in defending, which is for what we use him mainly, to have a solid backline... but going forward he is very lacking as of late, and it puts too much stress on him to be running the flanks whole game.

Alves on the other hand has a deadly cross and has some technique to dribble past players.... but the best of alves is definitely his end product near the enemy goal area. Cuads and Licht got nothing on him on that department, and this will help us greatly in CL games.

For serie A, we can continue using Licht no problem, as long as we play him in a 4 man backline and not in a 352.

Yup. he improved on that by the end of his spell this year... but Alves has been regular in his end product throuht his whole career. The guy is class.

My only concern is his age,, but well, lets hope he can maintain his form and above all, his drive, to continue playing at high levels.

I saw him playing with brazil some days ago and he looked fine.
To add to that, we won't have to teach Alves how to defend either. So many people were complaining that playing Cuads in a 352 would be a disaster because he doesn't defend. Thankfully Allegri proved them wrong because he did, rather quickly. It was his end product that was so frustrating as we already noted. I love how he could blow past his man though, that is rare to find. But guess what, we found that in someone with better end product but light years more experience, and, all say it again: free.

I don't really see how getting a guy with 35 trophies already in his cabinet for free would even have anything to complain about. Sure he is a bit older but I will be very surprised if doesn't have 1-2 very good seasons with us which is honestly probably all we are looking for.

Beppe was clear in his interview this week: quality instead of quantity now. Alves for free not only gives us MASSIVE quality but it also saves millions for other targets so hopefully Beppe stays true to his words.

- - - Updated - - -

Evra & Pirlo were "old" and neither gave us anything to complain about over a season's entirety. Barzagli & Buffon are also old and have they given us anything to complain about? Nope.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
To add to that, we won't have to teach Alves how to defend either. So many people were complaining that playing Cuads in a 352 would be a disaster because he doesn't defend. Thankfully Allegri proved them wrong because he did, rather quickly. It was his end product that was so frustrating as we already noted. I love how he could blow past his man though, that is rare to find. But guess what, we found that in someone with better end product but light years more experience, and, all say it again: free.

I don't really see how getting a guy with 35 trophies already in his cabinet for free would even have anything to complain about. Sure he is a bit older but I will be very surprised if doesn't have 1-2 very good seasons with us which is honestly probably all we are looking for.

Beppe was clear in his interview this week: quality instead of quantity now. Alves for free not only gives us MASSIVE quality but it also saves millions for other targets so hopefully Beppe stays true to his words.

Remember people saying Cuads isnt a wingback because he can't defend.

How wrong they were :allegri:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

- - - Updated - - -

Evra & Pirlo were "old" and neither gave us anything to complain about over a season's entirety. Barzagli & Buffon are also old and have they given us anything to complain about? Nope.
Yes, we would.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Not nearly to the extent that we needed Cuadrado to.

- - - Updated - - -

Who knows. Maybe we will be so good that having to defend will be useless. :p

- - - Updated - - -

Remember people saying Cuads isnt a wingback because he can't defend.

How wrong they were :allegri:
Yep, that's my point.

If Alves has any weaknesses its defending but to be honest, he isn't "that" bad at it. Once he learns the tactics Allegri wants and how everyone defends as a team and not as individuals I don't see anything to worry about.

- - - Updated - - -

He can have all the individualism he desires going forward.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Depends on what you are looking for, alves is much better crosser, better in possession, have a better outside shot but i don't think people realise how much he regressed in the last 2 years...

What Cuadrado adds to this team is very valuable, pace, and his dribbling is something we don't have, for example the goal he scored against bayern, be sure that Alves won't be scoring goals like that...

I don't see Alves as a direct replacement to Cuadrado because they bring different things to the table, and if i have the choice i would definetely keep the colombian.
Alves is not the same player anymore.
Lichtsteiner regressed just as much, if not more. To the point that it was painful watching him in attack, offering nothing at all. We were used to his runs, assists and even goals. Two years ago Licht was our top assistman with 9 assists. This season he got a petty assist by his name, in a 4:0 win.

I agree with your main points, though. Cuadrado, with all his flaws, offered a loooot to our team, mostly with his speed and unpredictability. He was a game changer, despite his numbers not supporting this statement. Things were happening the moment he entered the field. Alves won't give us that.
If we consider Alves as a direct replacement for Caceres, then we're making a good deal. Licht and Alves to rotate as RBs is more than decent. But if Alves is expected to give us what Cuadrado was offering, then I'm afraid he can't replicate that, despite his more than obvious qualities.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Lichtsteiner regressed just as much, if not more. To the point that it was painful watching him in attack, offering nothing at all. We were used to his runs, assists and even goals. Two years ago Licht was our top assistman with 9 assists. This season he got a petty assist by his name, in a 4:0 win.

I agree with your main points, though. Cuadrado, with all his flaws, offered a loooot to our team, mostly with his speed and unpredictability. He was a game changer, despite his numbers not supporting this statement. Things were happening the moment he entered the field. Alves won't give us that.
If we consider Alves as a direct replacement for Caceres, then we're making a good deal. Licht and Alves to rotate as RBs is more than decent. But if Alves is expected to give us what Cuadrado was offering, then I'm afraid he can't replicate that, despite his more than obvious qualities.
I agree with all of what you said. That's was the point i am trying to make.
Thank you to making it more evident :tup:

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
I have a feeling people are going to be laughing at some of these comments in a couple months time...

Cuadrado was frustrating at times.. He would use the same trick 10 times in a match (speed up "past" an opponent (more like cut inside)) and then pass the ball to bonucci..

Imagine alves crossing like Alex sandro..
Then imagine, when we need a defender more than the crosses, we sub on a lichtsteiner who isn't tired..

I don't see much problems in this transfer.. He even comes for free ffs

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

Id say that Alves is replacing Caceres, Berardi will come in to replace Cuadrado. I dont think we will go into next season with Berardi, Mandzu, Dybala and Zaza as the only "strikers"

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I have a feeling people are going to be laughing at some of these comments in a couple months time...

Cuadrado was frustrating at times.. He would use the same trick 10 times in a match (speed up "past" an opponent (more like cut inside)) and then pass the ball to bonucci..

Then imagine, when we need a defender more than the crosses, we sub on a lichtsteiner who isn't tired..

- - - Updated - - -

Bringing on Licht late in the game when you need to shore up the defense to protect the result. :agree:

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Everyone is expecting to Alves being a worthless guy since two years ago.

Even Barca almost lost him for free and bought their replacement Vidal. At the end if this season was not just overtaken Vidal as starter, he even das their best full back this year by far far distance

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Not nearly to the extent that we needed Cuadrado to.

- - - Updated - - -

Who knows. Maybe we will be so good that having to defend will be useless. :p

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, that's my point.

If Alves has any weaknesses its defending but to be honest, he isn't "that" bad at it. Once he learns the tactics Allegri wants and how everyone defends as a team and not as individuals I don't see anything to worry about.

He can have all the individualism he desires going forward.
And lets remember one thing: Cuadrado wasnt a defender when he came here, but he adapted to the role and what he lacked in discipline and experience at defending, he compensated with workload and sacrifice.
Lets not fool ourselves, Alves is ahead of Cuads at defending, he IS a defender. We will not have any issues with him on this aspect.

Im more worried about his age than anything else.

I think with this statement you are overestimating cuadrado a little and underrating Alves a little too. Cudrado when on his day could indeed make things happen, but most often than not he was aimlessly dribling peeps and they finding himself in a position he wasnt able to produce anything and had to pass to the defenders. When he did it, he did it big time, but he was very irregular on that aspect.

Alves maybe will not be dribble passing everyone in every play, but the guy has a lot of brazilian flair on his legs and he has unquestionable end product with his crosses and assist. When you see him playing, you know he is not improvising shid, but he knows what he is doing. With Cuads, most of the time you were left thinking what was the purpouse of that run, or why he let himself be surrounded carelessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)