Dangerous roman transfer policy (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2002
As we are likely to be competing with roma in the transfer market, as usual, i have decided to open a thread about our beloved foe.....i love the way totti is interested inplayer related to juve.

Totti in exit threat
Wednesday 5 May, 2004

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Francesco Totti has told Roma to buy big in the summer or risk losing him to Real Madrid.

"From what I understand, Emerson and Walter Samuel will be sold," he told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

"They are two great players and we need to replace them with individuals who are just as good."

The Giallorossi are expected to cash in on the pair in a bid to improve their financial situation.

Yet Totti has no intention of playing for a mediocre team and has indicated which players should be targeted during the summer.

"I would like to see Auxerre’s Philippe Mexes brought into the defence," he added. "I hear great things about him.

"When it comes to replacing Emerson then there is just one player – Edgar Davids of Barcelona. He would be ideal.

"I also like the look of Marek Jankulovski (Udinese) for the left of midfield and in attack I’m thinking of Christian Vieri. He would score 40 goals a season here."

However, given the club’s current economical situation, signing those four players may prove to be problematic.

"This is something that I must think about," he added. "When I get back from the European Championships I want to know how things stand. That is when I will make a definite decision."

Speculation suggests that Real Madrid are very interested in Totti and the capital captain seems keen.

"That is the only team where I could go," he continued. "I couldn’t let down the Roma fans by joining another Italian side."

Mexes, bugger, if they get him, ill go crazy.
Ditto for davids.
bobo, no worries really if we get gila

Lets hope totti doesnt get his wishes, but unfortunately, if emer and samuel are sold, they can buy mexes, jank and co....great.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Totti doesn't have a clue, they're obviously selling to alleviate their financial situation, getting Vieri is hardly a step in that direction.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
It seems that Totti is so keen to join Real Madrid, that he make demands that are imposibble for the club to buy. So he can leave with no excuse?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Well he's been saying that for a long time. Last year they bought Chivu, this yeah they'll also buy I'm sure. But yeah you could say he's paving his way for an exit.

OP

Jul 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    totti class player, but he can leave for madrid, as it would be less competition for us, but not yet.

If he does go, roma's will be able to afford mexes and co, so he shouldnt go yet....i can see a nice competition between juve and roma for mexes coming up :D

OP

Jul 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #8
    how angry would i be :fero::fero:..that would be the best defence on paper ever..next to maldini and nesta....damn that would be a great defence!

Dp would be buggered against them.

OP

Jul 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    he virtually does that now anyway..he dictaes what he wants, and they ive it to him...if he wants to play in goals, they would let him.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    Hopefully the Italian goverment will order them to pay their debts first... THEY REALLY SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO BUY ANYONE!!!

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
    Totti made similar statement before this season kicked off...

Davids will probably stay with Barca. dream would be if he came back to JUVE. damn he is missed! :(

Mexès, back in 2001 in an article he told that he would love to play for Roma that it would be a dream come true!

Jankulovski, wouldn't mind if they got him. as I'm not very keen seeing him
    in JUVE.

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    Well totti is a bit of a prick for thinking that roma can afford, let alone outbid juve, a much healthier money club. God how i hate roma!

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Poku ] ++

Well, who doesn't?! Sing along: "as roma to serie c, as roma to serie c..."

:dielaugh:

Yeah, but if they went, it would only be milan who would be playing 'good football' this season in italy, and then comes the end of serie a dominance.:groan:

Aug 1, 2003
    Alright here in Msia they just confirmed Totti saying stuff bout joining Madrid AGAIN

anyhow,
    I heard some news quite ages ago regarding a bank covering Roma's debts - is this true? If it is, fvck. They'll get better players. and they already have good youngsters like De Rossi, Cassano and Mancini.

Why is life unfair? First Kaka is engaged, now this? :wallbang:

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Hell if he wants to join Real- let him join Real. If Real ever wants to buy him again, especially after the "Beckham Affair".

Totti thinks too high of himself... giving ultimatums to the club? Hell, if I were managing a team I'd discipline him for such behavior.

Totti leaving for Spain would mean less competition in Seria A, but at a cost of entertaining football he shows.

OP

Jul 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #19
    ++ [ originally posted by Poku ] ++

Well, who doesn't?! Sing along: "as roma to serie c, as roma to serie c..."
    very catchy tune :D

"as roma to serie c, as roma to serie c..."

oh yes very good...better than pop idol crap :D

OP

Jul 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20
    Roma ignore Totti advice Wednesday 5 May, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma’s Francesco Totti has been told to not concern himself with who the club should buy over the summer.

The capital captain today suggested that his side should make moves for Christian Vieri, Edgar Davids, Philippe Mexes and Marek Jankulovski.

But Giallorossi sporting director Franco Baldini insists that he needs no help with transfer activities.

"I would like to thank him for the suggestions but I believe decisions will be taken by others," he stated.

"Everyone at this club has their own jobs to do and Totti’s is to step onto the field of play every Sunday.

"He’s had a fantastic season, like no other, but that is where his responsibilities to this outfit end."

haha, baldini has got cahonies for telling totti where to go..:rofl:..totti, what a wanker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)