Damiao - ST - Internacional (36 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
^ He did bring the ball down nicely in that one on one, other than that struggled to control any sorta passes his way.. gotta see more of him, but didn't like his play. Dzeko is Ronaldinho compared to this guy with that kinda first touches.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Damiao was bad. Really bad. Very poor technique in terms of ability to keep hold to the ball and his first touches. As a porcher you need to be able to take the ball with you and control it from the first time you touch it. He is not technically gifted! Damiao is good at finding space for himself, taking offensive runs to split the defense, but he is a poor dribbler due to his lack of technique! When substituted after 60 minutes or so, Pato went in and scored a goal, and what a goal - that goal pretty much reminded me why we should look for a technically gifted, fast striker rather then a slow porcher like Damiao.. He might be young and he might be "cheap" considering our other options but he certainly also lacks a whole lot to become a world class striker.

May 22, 2007
Didn't do shit. Neymar was the star of the game. In the next two years, a lot of their players need to mature(get a lot better) if they want to do anything in the World Cup.
That is precisely the point of this Brazilian side, they are preparing for the Olympic tournament because they really want to win it, so it is a side of youngsters + three older guys. With two more years experience plus some of the players left out from the squad (such as Ramires, Lucas, Ganso) I think they'll be very prepared in terms of squad strength. The pressure and expectation will be another thing for them in Brazil, though.

I saw the first 45 minutes last night and I didn't think he (Damião) did much to impress either.

Something I did like seeing was an advert for the game on a sports website with Ronaldinho on the front of it.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Last chance for Damiao to prove anything. I have seen the game against Denmark and the one against the USA, now it's Mexico and if he does not score tonight I am pretty confident he should not be given any further thought. The last two games was horrible by Damiao! Should be a good match - Mexico has got a few interesting players as well.. Anybody else watching this?

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
Brazil: Damiao invisible. Neymar playing against basically a European defense has not been able to get penetration. His little flicks and tricks will not work in Serie A imo. Marcelo has impressed me. Very fast and good positioning.

Mexico: Rodriguez, Moreno, and Meza have impressed me in the backline. Any of those 3 would be a great addition to our Juventus. Guardado, Barrera, and Dos Santos have also looked very impressive, and those 3 could also be had for cheap. Although they are non-EU except for Gio I believe. Gio Dos Santos is a MORON for rejecting a move to Udinese last summer in order to fight for a spot at Tottenham. Would tear Serie A apart imo. Especially for Udine. Woulda been a great Alexis Sanchez replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)