Cryptocurrency (4 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
So according to Balaji’s Network State, we all could have avoided the Russian invasion of Ukraine if only Zelenskyy gave him a token offering in the UkraineDAO with voting rights.

Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if Putin responded by handing Zelenskyy an offer of drilling rights in the Sea of Japan.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
The more I marinate in this web3 business, the more I get an alternate view of what's emerging. The WAGMI types are all-in, drinking the Kool-Aid. But there's a ton of skeptics and the uninterested, who don't want to see their digital experiences online as an amped-up quasi-video-game. Who don't want to "own" everything and invest in virtual things that vanish once the power goes out.

This creates a sort of schism. And unlike web1 or web2, I'm not sure everybody will end up in the same place.

So while I see a lot of web3 fundamentals getting woven under the covers for a lot of future experiences, I am not so sure that large swaths of plebs are going to go apesh*t (pun intended) for tokens, NFTs, DAOs, etc.

We're already seeing serious signs of the "Splinternet" between the Internets of China, Russia, the Middle East, possibly India, the US, even maybe Europe vs the US. There is no longer one Internet. Similarly, I'm not so sure that web3 won't just be an evolutionary branch for a lot of folks who love it -- like Burning Man -- while many others will want little to nothing to do with it. Thus making web3 a kind of additional Splinternet flavor ... just based on digital rather than physical worlds.

Or in short, not everyone is going to forklift upgrade to web3 like it's Windows XP.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
The intersection of tradfi x crypto is complete. Regulation will allow it to become a menu item. We’re not so different after all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)