Cryptocurrency (8 Viewers)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
More than 10 000 brands of distributed data ledgers and most of them do the same thing while being extremely inefficient and wasteful, relying entirely on constant fiat money flows to keep them operational, are not pyramid schemes?
Add to this no intrinsic value, no barriers to entry and no regulation or oversight, mostly supported by financially and economically illiterate young men. Yeah, no pyramid schemes. Just quasy pyramid-Ponzi-MLM schemes.

Изпратено от моят XQ-AU52 с помощта на Tapatalk
Let me rephrase myself: imo not all of crypto is a pyramid scheme. :D imo the value lies in the decentralised nature and reliability of the blockchain.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I’m not seeing the decentralized piece for those reasons. Throw DAOs at it, and you’re just talking about institutionalized plutocracies enforced in code instead of just real life.

And there are very few things where a blockchain is not only useful but necessary. Far more cases it’s ill suited for the problem at hand compared to existing technology that does it already and at proven scale.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Exactly. So the decentralization aspect is absolutely useless, because a few whales can manipulate the prices whichever way they want. And exchanges can freeze outflows too. Unlike traditional banks, they’re not even FDIC insured and the lack of regulation means no one is technically committing a crime when they rug pull or pump and dump.
Crypto is a solution looking for a problem. An extremely wasteful one at that.

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Man, I watched one of those breakdowns of the BAYC. It's like the biggest, most expensive 4chan troll ever.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
must
resist
picking up a floor MAYC

better hit a cold shower before something stupid is done
Depending on how low that floor price gets I might be tempted to do the same just for the novelty and aesthetic

- - - Updated - - -

The story from the chain analysis from peak price to what I would acquire it for alone would incite several heehaws at cocktail parties and soirées i frequent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)