Cryptocurrency (6 Viewers)

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
businesses that can accept BTC have to accept BTC.
Ok, and yesterday you couldn't because.....

At least that you are in a country with control exchange, you can pay with any financial instrument you want almost everywhere, so what they mean is that they are going to express everything in BTC for now on? How that's work?

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
What exactly mean "BTC is our legal tender"? Does anyone have a good article about it? Once for dummy please
i think BTC will be a vehicle in transferring money like a system with bitcoin wallets that allow person to person transfer will rapidly be adopted.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Ok, and yesterday you couldn't because.....

At least that you are in a country with control exchange, you can pay with any financial instrument you want almost everywhere, so what they mean is that they are going to express everything in BTC for now on? How that's work?
not couldn’t, it was did not have to. So if you could take bitcoin and dollars you did not have to accept Bitcoin if the customer wanted to pay in Bitcoin, now businesses have to accept Bitcoin if the customer wishes to use it

70% of el Salvadorans don’t have access to traditional banking so it makes sense

no, not everything will be expressed in Bitcoin and the dollar is still the National currency

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Cold wallets can also be hacked or stolen. There is nothing 100% secure when the human factor os involved.

Изпратено от моят XQ-AU52 с помощта на Tapatalk
No they can't be hacked , if you lose your private seed it's human error and this doesn't have nothing to do with BTC , you really think they would give a fuck about 4m if they could crack any private key ?

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Give it a couple weeks :p

That said, I don't get the logic of celebrating $40,000 as a success but $39,995 would have been an unmentionable failure. Go figure.
Humans just like round numbers, we celebrate 50th anniversaries but who cares about 49th? :p

Market manipulation by Musk yet again. I hope he sees a jail cell soon.
As long as it's the day after I sell my Tesla shares :agree:

I'm sure the handful of nations pushing for their use plays a big part too though.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
not couldn’t, it was did not have to. So if you could take bitcoin and dollars you did not have to accept Bitcoin if the customer wanted to pay in Bitcoin, now businesses have to accept Bitcoin if the customer wishes to use it

70% of el Salvadorans don’t have access to traditional banking so it makes sense

no, not everything will be expressed in Bitcoin and the dollar is still the National currency
If you live in a stable democracy with a stable financial system, Bitcoin might seem foolish and unnecessary. But for the billions of people who live under authoritarian regimes or don’t have access to global financial markets, it will be life changing.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
If you live in a stable democracy with a stable financial system, Bitcoin might seem foolish and unnecessary. But for the billions of people who live under authoritarian regimes or don’t have access to global financial markets, it will be life changing.
Ever since the price shot up, it's definitely way too costly for everyday use, you don't want to pay a large commission every time you buy a coffee. It might do something for the businesses, though.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Humans just like round numbers, we celebrate 50th anniversaries but who cares about 49th? :p
Which, as a kind of numbers guy, seems totally arbitrary to me... which is funny. If we had a base-16 hex system instead of a base-10 system of counting, nobody is going to jizz in their pants over 9C40 instead of 9C3F. And yet this form is probably more relevant in society today in how things are counted and exchanged.

And all these stories in the news of irrelevant movies on their round number anniversaries... like the 30th anniversary of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves going on now. I barely remembered that film existed, but now we have reason to publicly celebrate that? Like any millennial, let alone Zoomer, knows who Kevin Costner is?

I'm probably just the weirdo here as usual.

I hope that Bitcoin's price will grow more and more every year. I will hold it in my Ownr wallet until it reaches at least 100k
Then what?

Absolutely. When you have a currency that is always devalued and when you don't even have access to a bank, you have no means of storing value or wealth for a future rainy day. It literally forces people to live only hand-to-mouth without that.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Which, as a kind of numbers guy, seems totally arbitrary to me... which is funny. If we had a base-16 hex system instead of a base-10 system of counting, nobody is going to jizz in their pants over 9C40 instead of 9C3F. And yet this form is probably more relevant in society today in how things are counted and exchanged.

And all these stories in the news of irrelevant movies on their round number anniversaries... like the 30th anniversary of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves going on now. I barely remembered that film existed, but now we have reason to publicly celebrate that? Like any millennial, let alone Zoomer, knows who Kevin Costner is?

We could always scrap it all and move to binary.

Then what?
You hodl

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Ever since the price shot up, it's definitely way too costly for everyday use, you don't want to pay a large commission every time you buy a coffee. It might do something for the businesses, though.
definitely means there are risk involved and just how do you appropriate risk measures. honestly i'm seeking the assistance of a professional before venturing into bitcoin because of the volatility involved and also to avoid loses and mistakes and scammers are hiden behind of every trade.

- - - Updated - - -

Then what?

Absolutely. When you have a currency that is always devalued and when you don't even have access to a bank, you have no means of storing value or wealth for a future rainy day. It literally forces people to live only hand-to-mouth without that.
What happens if you just hang on to it, does it make it worth more? cause all I do is to buy when it falls and sell when it goes high

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)