Croatian NT Thread (2 Viewers)

OP
V

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #21
    • V

V

i just read a follow up article on bilic's supposed interview and they say that "the sun" is known for making interviews up just so they can start flame wars ahead of games. supposedly this intreview never even took palce. can anyone confirm this about the sun?

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    V

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #23
    • V

V

sateeh said:
    yeah they r not very reliable.
    i see. i was really surprised when i was reading the interview, supposedly bilic said england were shit and they're no better now. and that's not like him at all.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    yeah from wat i heard about Bilic he isnt that kind of man.And some english newspapers r known to fabricating stories.One of them is the Sun

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    Well, to be honest, England is not very strong, I dont fear them very much!

But you always have to be cautious, and I think they could be a major force under Steve McClaren.

metalhead

Sep 23, 2005
    I saw England's match against Macedonia yesterday and I have to say, I love to see that team suffer. The so called best individual talents in the world got fed their arses after their lucky win last month :D Macedonia play very well and they deserved even more.

Anyways, Croatia can beat England especially having played a practice match yesterday against Andorra.

Even worse for England is that their best player Gerrard is suspended for the match, so there will be none of those long range shots. No Becks to deliver good crosses and FKs. Rooney is in bad shape. And that Ledily King is a Joke :smoke:

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    metalhead said:
    I saw England's match against Macedonia yesterday and I have to say, I love to see that team suffer. The so called best individual talents in the world got fed their arses after their lucky win last month :D Macedonia play very well and they deserved even more.

Anyways, Croatia can beat England especially having played a practice match yesterday against Andorra.

Even worse for England is that their best player Gerrard is suspended for the match, so there will be none of those long range shots. No Becks to deliver good crosses and FKs. Rooney is in bad shape. And that Ledily King is a Joke :smoke:
    agreed

OP
    V

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #28
    • V

V

like you said a exhibition a game, but nontheless it was a great win which will boost our morale. nice to see petric making a name for himself and scoring 4 goals. england will have it tough, i dare to say we indeed can do it.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Is Petric a very good player or the opposition is weak vlat ? also a croatian friend of mine in here told me that Modric has a great future ahead of him.

OP
    V

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #30
    • V

V

sateeh said:
    Is Petric a very good player or the opposition is weak vlat ? also a croatian friend of mine in here told me that Modric has a great future ahead of him.
    yeah modric is awesome, creative, fast and just works like hell, always runs after the ball if he looses it, kinda like nedved. kranjcar has a bright future i'm sure, all that talent has to overcome the other obstacles.

as for petric i didn't see very much of him, he just started getting his chance with the new coach and is really making the most of them. he's young and talented, plays for basel. but let's not fool ourselves this was andorra. we'll see what he can do against england, if he gets the start.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    Not a fan of English style even if they do have one of the strongest teams around. But I can feel for their fans though: After years of incompetent Svennis, now they have equal counterpart in Steve McLaren. Where do think Steve was while Sven was f*cking about? English FA IMO is up there with the Italians in terms of making fool of themselves.

However I think Croatia game is suited for England than the Macedonia. Croatia is a good side with decent reputation so they will have to play more attacking approach. I see no need for England to get a win even if they must not loose the match. I feel England will come-out somewhat cautiously and try not to concede the goal. The key then for me is whether Crotia can breakdown England's reaguard and based on their performances in WC, I will say the prospect is rather bleak. I believe England will show vastly improved performance and be a constant threat on the break.

I reckon Modaric is key player for this match. On a basis of performances that I have seen from this kid, he is a real player with abundance of creativity. If he starts rolling over England's midfield, I think England might miss the defensive presence of Owen Hargreaves.

OP
    V

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #32
    • V

V

some good points jun-hide, but one thing you missed, croatia has a new, young coach. this is a completelly different team now, we FINALLY stopped playing with 3 at the back and are playing a classic 4-4-2 with a lot of variations, depending on the opponent. we are much more attacking minded now and are just simply more fluent, a lot of young and eager kids have been given chances and almost all of them have lived up to them(modric, da silva, petric, corluka). we have a good and balanced and most of all creative midfield, both niko kranjcar and luka modric which with their vision and passing can turn around a game. what i'm trying to say is, forget the squad from the wc, this is something really different, much better. than again this the first real test so we gotta see how good it actually is.

england's individual quality is undeniable, but their collectivness is questionable to say the least. the result against macedonia has certainly shook them up, the press are probably eating them alive now, as much as they are hyping them up before the game. our supporters are one of a kind and are players will be giving 120% and that's croatia's chance for this game.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Where do think Steve was while Sven was f*cking about?
    exactly

The key then for me is whether Crotia can breakdown England's reaguard
    i saw the Macedonia game and trust me, its not very hard to break them down.ffs Pandev made King look like a fool all day and at many times Terry too.

If the same english side is fielded for this game then i predict a Croatia win. I dont know how "Mac" fielded Carrick in the holding position, as his work rate is just crap. If Parker starts there then there will be more cover and Croatia will have some problems.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    vlatko,

I must admit that my impression of Croatia is largely based on their disappointing WC 2006 display. My impression was that Croatia, bar Austrailia match, was excellent in their organization and defence but lacked that final cutting edge up front.

But yeah, it does sound like Croatia has strenghten their attacking department with new faces, and I believe new generation will be a lot better than likes of Prso and co. I have seem quite a few game for Kranjcar and I like him a lot. He is capable of launching a rocket or two from midfield and can thread in the killer pass like Pandev. But I have to say Modric is really the guy that impressed me. I think big Serie A clubs should snap him early because the sky is limit for this kid. Very comfortable on the ball, with excellent vision: On very few look I had on him he had one attribute all great players have: They seems to have a lot of time whilst in possession.

And this is leads me to the point sateeth correctly makes. Carrick is a top class player in terms of distribution but as a tackler he is piss poor, and if Croatia can isolate Modric wth Carrick, then I have a feeling that the Englishman will be steam-rolled by the talented Croat. I think England should start with Parker who has been on a good form Newcastle anyway. Missing Gerrard will definetely hurt as well.

OP
    V

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #36
    • V

V

Jun-hide said:
    I must admit that my impression of Croatia is largely based on their disappointing WC 2006 display. My impression was that Croatia, bar Austrailia match, was excellent in their organization and defence but lacked that final cutting edge up front.
    that about sums it up.

Jun-hide said:
    But yeah, it does sound like Croatia has strenghten their attacking department with new faces, and I believe new generation will be a lot better than likes of Prso and co. I have seem quite a few game for Kranjcar and I like him a lot. He is capable of launching a rocket or two from midfield and can thread in the killer pass like Pandev. But I have to say Modric is really the guy that impressed me. I think big Serie A clubs should snap him early because the sky is limit for this kid. Very comfortable on the ball, with excellent vision: On very few look I had on him he had one attribute all great players have: They seems to have a lot of time whilst in possession.

And this is leads me to the point sateeth correctly makes. Carrick is a top class player in terms of distribution but as a tackler he is piss poor, and if Croatia can isolate Modric wth Carrick, then I have a feeling that the Englishman will be steam-rolled by the talented Croat. I think England should start with Parker who has been on a good form Newcastle anyway. Missing Gerrard will definetely hurt as well.
    one of the key things which bilic did imo was to put kranjcar on the left flank. this role suits him very well cause he can cut inside a lot and shoot from range, and with modric alongside him we really don't lack in the creative department, cause those two guys have great vision. modric can really be a star and i'm certain next year he will play in one of the biggest leauges in europe. he has amazing talent and what's important is that his head's in the right place, he's young and really modest, works hard and is just enjoying the game. we have high hopes for him.
    i'm sure modric can hold his own in the middle against either carrick or parker, he is a fan favourite here and he'll have a lot to prove. it's gonna be a great game.

btw rab, prso retired from the nt.

OP
    V

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #37
    • V

V

Ferdinand hoping to face Croatia
    EURO 2008 QUALIFIER

Group E: Croatia v England
    Date: 11 October
    Kick-off: 1800 BST
    Venue: Maksimir Stadium, Zagreb
    Coverage: Live on BBC Five Live Sport, updates on the BBC Sport website, highlights on BBC 1 at 2240 BST

Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand hopes to shake off his back injury in time for England's Euro 2008 qualifier in Croatia on Wednesday.

Ferdinand missed Saturday's 0-0 draw with Macedonia after suffering a spasm in a back muscle in training on Friday but his condition has improved.

He will be assessed by the England medical team before a decision is made on whether he can train on Monday.

Steven Gerrard is suspended and will definitely miss the game in Zagreb.

England coach Steve McClaren has decided not to call anyone else into the squad to replace the Liverpool midfielder so a squad of 23 players will make the trip if Ferdinand is fit.

McClaren's squad are scheduled to fly to Croatia on Tuesday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i've heard "good" stories about ledley king, so i'm hoping rio doesn't arrive. :p

OP
    V

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #38
    • V

V

Terry backing Rooney to come good

England captain John Terry has urged for calm over striker Wayne Rooney's loss of form.

Rooney, 20, has failed to score in a competitive international since June 2004 but should still start in the Euro 2008 qualifier in Croatia on Wednesday.

"Wayne is still such a young lad and there is so much pressure and hype surrounding him," said Terry. "Perhaps we expect too much.

"But I don't sense there is any frustration building up within Wayne."

Centre-back Terry echoed midfielder Steven Gerrard's sentiments that Rooney has been in excellent form during training.

But the Manchester United forward has failed to transfer that practice ground form to games for both club and country so far this season.

He has not scored for United since August and was taken off after 74 minutes of England's goalless Group E tie against Macedonia on Saturday after rarely threatening to add to his tally of 11 goals in 33 for his country.

Ironically, his last goal in a competitive game for his country came against Croatia in the group stages of Euro 2004, although he has scored twice in friendlies against Denmark and Argentina.

"Wayne sets such high standards and his goals-per-game ratio for England is still very good," said Terry.

"When he sets such standards and it doesn't come together for a few games, everyone starts questioning him.

"I am sure if he gets one goal, the rest will follow. We are talking about him as a world class player and he certainly is that.

"Once that first goal comes, there certainly won't be a problem for him banging more in. They will start flowing."

Terry also believes a player like Rooney should not be judged solely on how many goals he scores as he also brings more to England's attack than just goals.

"Sometimes everyone looks at the strikers for goals but a player like Wayne can create as well as score his own goals, especially with him coming off the other striker which has worked so well for us," said Terry.

"You have Peter Crouch up front and the other striker pulling off and creating space for the midfielders in Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard who get forward very well.

"It's wrong for people to just look at his goals. Look at his play and team-work, the way he brings other players into play as well."

He added: "He is a grown man but if he needs me, he knows I am here to help as much as possible."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

terry's already adopting to the role of captain. i agree with him, rooney's drought will end with just 1 goal, hoping it won't come against us on wednesday.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    Vlatko, when is the game vs England?

BTW. they have a lot of injuries and suspensions: A.Johnson, Gerrard, Hargreaves, R.Ferdinand,...

Still, they have a lot of dangerous players like Lampard, J.Cole, Crouch,...

OP
    V

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #40
    • V

V

the game is on wednesday, only 2 days to go. so far only certain that are not playing, as far as i know, are gerrard(suspended), hargreaves(injured) and ferdinand is injured but maybe he'll recover.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)