Cristiano Zanetti (2 Viewers)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I was surprised and a bit disappointed when I learned that he left. It's over now, I won't lose sleep over it and it won't affect my feelings towards any of the concerned parts.

Our name slated in the press? PURLEEEEZ!! After what Moggi did, it won't be slated any more than that and it is far far far from being cleared. Zanetti, Miccoli, Di Vaio, whoever, they are all players with sour grapes after they left (or were shown the door).
You have to get over of Moggi the fuckface, I don't even compare him with Secco or anyone else.. Moggi is the worse thing happened to this club, but it's wrong to compare Secco with him for that and praise/defend him all the time.. You can't deny the mistakes Secco and co are making. No one is making a drama about anything, everyone is telling their ideas about this management. Just like everyone rates the players, complains or praises for their performances, the same can be said about managers' works. Why everyone sees it as like we are making a drama out of it I don't understand it.

Thumbs down for this transfer, that's my opinion! Zanetti was a loyal and a quality player, and most importantly he was earning less than Poulsen, Tiago or Almiron and was giving more to this club! And never complained about being a back up. what else could be asked more?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
You have to get over of Moggi the fuckface, I don't even compare him with Secco or anyone else.. Moggi is the worse thing happened to this club, but it's wrong to compare Secco with him for that and praise/defend him all the time.. You can't deny the mistakes Secco and co are making. No one is making a drama about anything, everyone is telling their ideas about this management. Just like everyone rates the players, complains or praises for their performances, the same can be said about managers' works. Why everyone sees it as like we are making a drama out of it I don't understand it.

Thumbs down for this transfer, that's my opinion! Zanetti was a loyal and a quality player, and most importantly he was earning less than Poulsen, Tiago or Almiron and was giving more to this club! And never complained about being a back up. what else could be asked more?
Everyone? I don't like generalization but I speak for myself and myself only, I see the constant bashing and whining and expressing disgust to the management actions as a drama. Do you want to change my point of view?

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Everyone? I don't like generalization but I speak for myself and myself only, I see the constant bashing and whining and expressing disgust to the management actions as a drama. Do you want to change my point of view?
I explained it, just like everyone rates player's performances , I or others rate the same way managers' each action. You and some members automatically defend them (the board) without hearing the story of each side, and make sarcasm like "fuck secco". Isn't that a drama? :p I mean they sure have made some mistakes, but you rarely talked about them, why are they so untouchable for you?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
What constiutes "Loyalty"?

How does one define it?

Length of Service to a club?

If we are speaking in terms of Zanetti, then he was here 3 years. Is that enough time to deem someone as Loyal to a club?

Acceptance of a role?

Possible, but that can be twisted into any sort of spin doctoring you want to serve your purpose. You can say that Zanetti was loyal because he understood his position at the club, but you can also say that the reason why he never said anything was because he knew he wasn't first team material to begin with. Would there be such an uproar if it was Iaquinta, who has given more to this club during his tenure here,and who would have more of an argument for first team football, who was sold instead of Zanetti? Especialy considering that some people here aboslutely love to use him as their whipping boy

Are Trezeguet and Camoranesi "Loyal", despite their years of service, you have read their quotes in the papers, and have seen their actions on the pitch (in the case of Trezeguet), that they are one elongated hair across their ass from looking to be transferred.

Loyalty, in terms of sport, isn't as black and white as it seems, or as many people like to believe it is. It isn't about Loyalty, its about what doing the right thing is that is beneficial to both parties involved.

Say what you want, but in the end, both sides have benefitted in this.

Zanetti gets his chance to go back home, to financially secure himself for the next few years, and to get a chance to play first team football.

Juve cashes in on a player they probably would have lost for nothing, they clear salary space, and with the transfer market not being over, its possible they have freed up a roster spot for a much needed fullback.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Rewrite that in understandable English, please.
That was very understandable.. Don't take everything so personal Jack..

How does one define it?

If we are speaking in terms of Zanetti, then he was here 3 years. Is that enough time to deem someone as Loyal to a club?

Acceptance of a role?

Possible, but that can be twisted into any sort of spin doctoring you want to serve your purpose. You can say that Zanetti was loyal because he understood his position at the club, but you can also say that the reason why he never said anything was because he knew he wasn't first team material to begin with. Would there be such an uproar if it was Iaquinta, who has given more to this club during his tenure here,and who would have more of an argument for first team football, who was sold instead of Zanetti? Especialy considering that some people here aboslutely love to use him as their whipping boy

Are Trezeguet and Camoranesi "Loyal", despite their years of service, you have read their quotes in the papers, and have seen their actions on the pitch (in the case of Trezeguet), that they are one elongated hair across their ass from looking to be transferred.

Loyalty, in terms of sport, isn't as black and white as it seems, or as many people like to believe it is. It isn't about Loyalty, its about what doing the right thing is that is beneficial to both parties involved.

Say what you want, but in the end, both sides have benefitted in this.

Zanetti gets his chance to go back home, to financially secure himself for the next few years, and to get a chance to play first team football.

Juve cashes in on a player they probably would have lost for nothing, they clear salary space, and with the transfer market not being over, its possible they have freed up a roster spot for a much needed fullback.
You answered your own questions. Yeah I used the word "loyal" which I rarely do, but that's not the big part of the reason I didn't like this transfer. Yeah I can say he was a loyal, since we signed him before the relegation, he accepted to play in Serie B and stay as a last choice central midfielder without any problems. Seriously do you think Almiron, Tiago or Poulsen gave more to this club than him? wasn't he more useful than these 3? plus he was earning less. Did we need this couple of millions to sign a new fullback when they spend around 50 million euros on two players? If Zanetti had played bad the past seasons, and if he was a trouble, I would have agreed with you. But he always delivered, and he isn't that old, and we could even offer him the money Fiorentina have offered. It's Poulsen, Tiago and the likes that can bring money to this club, or are a waste of money (since they earn high and because of the transfer fee we payed to get them).

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008

How does one define it?

Acceptance of a role?
in this case loyalty means staying with juve, when juve got relegated. funnily, he would not even have one club which was at least comparable to juve who would only have given 1 € transfer fee for him nor would he have earned the money he earned when he was with us, even in serie b.

yeah, cristiano is a nice guy, but giving him honour for staying with us is a bit weired considering he has not had any opportunities that did look better than staying with us and earning the money he earned. or did i forgot about the enormous proposals of champions league playing clubs when we got demoted ?

honestly i am a bit disappointed. everytime someone from the club says something there will be a pretty predictable feedback here.

when someone who is generally liked (like zanetti) says something, than he speaks the truth and everybody is on his side. using this to bash the board is an even more welcome opportunity.

when someone who is generally disliked (like secco) then you can set your alarm to it, that the people here will insult him and write how false he is and how he gets everything wrong.

right now we got the "fans reality" (or theory) that zanetti is the good guy and secco is the bad guy.

then someone who is liked (ciro) says something to the topic and people adjust their reality or "theory of truth" again so they can still love zanetti, hate secco and still believe was ciro said.

people do adjust their opinion only on very simple levels without too much thinking, because that would be either to difficult or would not fit in their "black and white"-category thinking.

so i am not really astonished that nobody did read following situation:

zanetti: hey ciro. how much space will i have in the next season.

ciro: you know we bought melo, so it will be difficult but you will get your playing time from time to time

zanetti: ah ok. nice

<<no what should zanetti have said to ciro ? should he say "fuck you ciro. i want my first team place"? so he was acting like he was pleased with this anyways. further he could have thought "ok, when i do not play that much, at least i do earn a shitload of money i would not earn elsewhere. i have at least 3 years left to play so that money will give me a nice rent">>

zanetti: hey secco. what about the time after next season ? everybody else already got his contract extension. what about me ?

secco: hum ... honestly we can not give you the wages you did earn, because we have three midfielders more now that all can take your position and you will find it hard to find space anyways.

now zanetti is thinking "damn, my plan did not work out. what am i gonna do, when i don't play, earn less and will only have one more year here. who is going to give me a decent wage when i earn only a million here and did not have played regular football for a long time, when my contract expires? FUCK you succo ! you are not honouring me enough"

now zanetti has to ensure his future, knowing that fiorentina is the last possible destination where he will get a longer contract and will also be paid decent.

zanetti: listen ciro, please don't count on me for the sevilla game. if i get injured again i will fail my medical with fiorentina and no bum willcare about my broke ass when i am injured again and don't play many games next season.

ciro: alright then.

yeah, that is a really unrealistic theory.... i mean older players do never worry about the future and who they will pay the life after the active football carreer .... no they only think about loyalty and to play first team football .... right !

i think zanetti is loyal because he did actually deny an proposal from a club where he would have earned way more than he does earn here and he said he wants to fight for his place in the team...

oh wait ... no one every made a half decent proposal for zanetti ... that was poulsen ... uuuh fuck poulsen, he is a moneygrabber ... hail zanetti for staying with us without having a financial alternative when we got demoted.

yeah the cool zanetti that scored 2 goals in 14 games for us last season (no assist btw) and the faggot poulsen that only got one goal and three assists in 30 games.

lets keep the older and more injury prone zanetti and sell the less injury prone and younger poulsen. now THAT is what i call business sense!

P.S.: remember that i do not say that this is the exact situation that happened, but it is a possibility, just like the theories you make up in your mind to satisfy bashing the board at all costs.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Virtual, I don't know if you think that I am bashing Secco or not, but I have been one of the most ardent supporters of the new Board of Directors.

I have criticized thm from time to time, but my theory is that if both parties benefitted fromthis move, then what harm was really done??

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Virtual, I don't know if you think that I am bashing Secco or not, but I have been one of the most ardent supporters of the new Board of Directors.

I have criticized thm from time to time, but my theory is that if both parties benefitted fromthis move, then what harm was really done??
my posting was not really directed at you ;)

Cristiano's feelings were hurt...that's about it really
feelings get hurt every day, so just business as usual

just imagine what our players would think when they read this forum with all its insults to players when they make an error... they would probably think "oh well... so i am working my ass off for a bunch of retards, great !"

P.S.:

Geez, i did not know that it was so serious ... zanettis feelings are hurt so bad, that he cried himself into sleep yesterday while wearing his old beloved bianconeri shirt !

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Cristiano's feelings were hurt...that's about it really

Were IBra's feelings hurt when he not only forced his way out of juve, but also out of Inter?

How about Cristiano Ronaldo, who had been OPENLY FLIRTING with Real Madrid for 2 FUCKING YEARS, and everyone seems to be cool with the logic that "Hey, yeah I'm under contract, but let me cause a goddamn ruckus, and whine and bitch anc complain until I get my way"

While they were both under contract, no less.

Its just amazing how people fail to realize that what these 2 did was, although legal, absolutely immoral and unethical.

I really do despise the character of a lot of footballers out there. Quite possibly the most spoiled bunch of athletes I have ever seen

Elgerino

Feb 2, 2009
my posting was not really directed at you ;)

feelings get hurt every day, so just business as usual

just imagine what our players would think when they read this forum with all its insults to players when they make an error... they would probably think "oh well... so i am working my ass off for a bunch of retards, great !"

They are not working for us.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Were IBra's feelings hurt when he not only forced his way out of juve, but also out of Inter?

How about Cristiano Ronaldo, who had been OPENLY FLIRTING with Real Madrid for 2 FUCKING YEARS, and everyone seems to be cool with the logic that "Hey, yeah I'm under contract, but let me cause a goddamn ruckus, and whine and bitch anc complain until I get my way"

While they were both under contract, no less.

Its just amazing how people fail to realize that what these 2 did was, although legal, absolutely immoral and unethical.

I really do despise the character of a lot of footballers out there. Quite possibly the most spoiled bunch of athletes I have ever seen

yup, yup, agree on all counts...people just need a hint of an excuse to bash Secco...and when he does something real good they are like 'hmph, you work for Juve, you're expected to do this kind of miracle work.'

and as for the spoilt brat athlete thing, I think footballers pale in comparison to American sports athletes...the shit those guys get away with is just unbelievable

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Let me make one thing perfectly clear.

My posts have never attacked Zanetti in any way. He was presented his situation, he wanted to get himself into a better situation, and Juve accomidated him.

To everyone saying that Juve should have shown him more respect.

What would have been more disrespectful:

A) Doing what they did, telling him that they wouldn't be able to offer him a 3 year contract renewal, and therefore selling him to a team that would give him what he wanted

Or

B) Not being upfront with him, keeping him on the bench, with no guarantees of any playing time, and letting his contract run out, and basically having to fend for himself to find the best offer.

so please, what would have been more disrespectful, because obviously Juve felt that they were not going to offer him a contract extension, nor were there going to be any guarantees for playing time, so what would the point have been to keeping him?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
yup, yup, agree on all counts...people just need a hint of an excuse to bash Secco...and when he does something real good they are like 'hmph, you work for Juve, you're expected to do this kind of miracle work.'

and as for the spoilt brat athlete thing, I think footballers pale in comparison to American sports athletes...the shit those guys get away with is just unbelievable

Here is the difference with American athletes. If things are not going their way, they DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE have their agents going around trying to negotiate deals with other clubs while they are under contract. Yes, they can ask for a trade if they wish, but they do not do anything at all unless they are given permission to do so. The punishment for Tampering Charges are way too severe in American Sports to have them even THINK about doing something like that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)