Cristiano Ronaldo (184 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I am really hoping PSG picks him up at a discount. Messi and Ronaldo in the same squad even in a weaker league and at the age of 60 would be incredible to watch. Playstation stuff. Let alone with Neymar and Mbappe also there.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
I am really hoping PSG picks him up at a discount. Messi and Ronaldo in the same squad even in a weaker league and at the age of 60 would be incredible to watch. Playstation stuff. Let alone with Neymar and Mbappe also there.
Ya that's what i hope as well. I don't need to pay a cent for that, so why not. It's just one of those situations, just to see it happen in the expense of Saudis. Football is entertaiment in the end and them being in the same team, would just bring so much joy around the world.

Everyone wins literally.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Ya that's what i hope as well. I don't need to pay a cent for that, so why not. It's just one of those situations, just to see it happen in the expense of Saudis. Football is entertainment in the end and them being in the same team, would just bring so much joy around the world.

Everyone wins literally.
The older I get the more I see it that way more plainly. Even my enjoyment of Juve has become more about the enjoyment of knowing the ins and outs of the team, tactical things, analyses and discussions about it with people rather than allegiance to the team itself. I haven't actually liked the quality of our performances for a few years now and find more entertainment watching Liverpool and City push each other to the limit.

It could also be that the emotions died out a lil because I am more busy, and Juve has been playing like shit for a few years. If we were at their level and competing on all fronts maybe I'd have retained more passion while watching our games. Recently its become more about dissecting, analyzing and discussing Juve as an outlet more than actually feeling excited/disappointed or deeply engaged at the emotional level while watching.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Yes you see we don't want modern full backs that can play positive, technical football that occasionally get caught out, we prefer to have full backs that offer absolutely nothing up front, can barely pass sideways under pressure and somehow still cost you a shit tonne of goals.
"Occasionally"

lmao okay, now I've heard it all. Even in EPL he is caught out literally 1-2 times a match. He's is covered by being on the clearly superior team and his offensive contributions but to act like its "once in awhile" is pure comedy. And I like Cancelo by we can talk positively about his contributions on the pitch without LYING so blatantly lmao

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
The older I get the more I see it that way more plainly. Even my enjoyment of Juve has become more about the enjoyment of knowing the ins and outs of the team, tactical things, analyses and discussions about it with people rather than allegiance to the team itself. I haven't actually liked the quality of our performances for a few years now and find more entertainment watching Liverpool and City push each other to the limit.

It could also be that the emotions died out a lil because I am more busy, and Juve has been playing like shit for a few years. If we were at their level and competing on all fronts maybe I'd have retained more passion while watching our games. Recently its become more about dissecting, analyzing and discussing Juve as an outlet more than actually feeling excited/disappointed or deeply engaged at the emotional level while watching.
The difference of watching my favourite sports teams as a 31 years old compared to 21 is pretty much that if i have the time i'll be in front of TV, but i don't really make the time for them anymore.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
"Occasionally"

lmao okay, now I've heard it all. Even in EPL he is caught out literally 1-2 times a match. He's is covered by being on the clearly superior team and his offensive contributions but to act like its "once in awhile" is pure comedy. And I like Cancelo by we can talk positively about his contributions on the pitch without LYING so blatantly lmao
Jesus fucking christ that IS occasionally over a 90 minute game. Fucking Sandro in his own third gets done more than that.

He has license to push up and the team cover for him, it's almost like you can accommodate for an attacking full back. Madrid and Barca when they were the two undisputed best teams in the world had glorified wingers as full backs.

People were acting like Cancelo was some huge fucking liability because he loses the ball 70 yards up the pitch, now instead our clowns lose it 20 yards from our own goal. Nobody's saying he's a great defender but he does enough. This isn't the 1990s you don't need Maldini out there

- - - Updated - - -

Couldn't be arsed combing for the stats so here's one for 2021

https://www.90min.com/posts/the-stats-that-prove-joao-cancelo-is-world-class/amp

Between January and November he had the most tackles and interceptions for any full back playing on his least favoured side. Statistically he was actually a top DEFENDER that year. But no he's actually a huge liability that's why Pep insists on using him despite having the means to go after anybody he wants.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
"Occasionally"

100% this. He’s an absolute shit defender and the idea that losing the ball up the pitch is somehow a better thing, when it consistently leads to goalscoring chances on the counterattack is rather amusing. The whole team gets caught out half the time.

That being said, he’s a good RB, but his defensive limitations limit his ceiling. And as he ages and loses some of his athleticism it shall become even more obvious.

And lol that his attacking output makes his lack of defending okay. If we’re talking Alexander-Arnold with his dozen assists in the league alone each year, there’s an argument. Or Cuadrado with his 10+ assists in the league in 2021. Cancelo’s had one single season with more than 4 assists in the league. Last season with 7. Much wow.

Last edited:

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Because if Cancelo played like TAA and relentlessly hoofed crosses into the box towards a bunch of 5"9 midgets he wouldn't be on the team sheet lol. Of course he has less assists than TAA for Liverpool or Cuadrado who is also a stand in winger.

I love how everybody is still coping over the Cancelo deal and painting a picture of him being this unbelievable liability when he's undeniably one of the best full backs in the world playing for one of the best teams in the world if you go anywhere outside of Tuz.

Pure cope.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Because if Cancelo played like TAA and relentlessly hoofed crosses into the box towards a bunch of 5"9 midgets he wouldn't be on the team sheet lol. Of course he has less assists than TAA for Liverpool or Cuadrado who is also a stand in winger.

I love how everybody is still coping over the Cancelo deal and painting a picture of him being this unbelievable liability when he's undeniably one of the best full backs in the world playing for one of the best teams in the world if you go anywhere outside of Tuz.

Pure cope.
He hasn’t even matched Lichsteiner’s attacking output ffs. Licht had seasons of 2 goals - 8 assists (under Conte) and 3 goals - 5 assists (under Allegri) in the league in far less minutes (2100 and 2400 respectively vs Cancelo with 1 goal-7 assists in 3200 minutes in his best season), while also being one of the best defensive RBs around. But sure, Cancelo is the best. :lol:

As I said, he’s a good RB. He’s nowhere near the incredible RB you are suggesting he is. Maybe there is a dearth of great fullbacks in the game right now, but Cancelo is nowhere near the top fullbacks of recent years yet.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I'd say he is. Honest I don't care if you or anybody else thinks he's a top 5 full back or whatever your cut off is but I'm bored of reading about him like he's some fucking ticking time bomb. He's putting up top defensive stats playing in the best league in the world. He's a better defender, yes defender than the sacks of shit we have.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'd say he is. Honest I don't care if you or anybody else thinks he's a top 5 full back or whatever your cut off is but I'm bored of reading about him like he's some fucking ticking time bomb. He's putting up top defensive stats playing in the best league in the world. He's a better defender, yes defender than the sacks of shit we have.
You just said it’s undeniable he is, and it’s “cope” and ridiculous to say he isn’t. I don’t even mind that you think he’s great. That’s a-ok. I don’t think he is. I think he’s good (obviously far far far better than Sandro lol), but I prefer FBs like Lichtsteiner over this guy by a country mile.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
He hasn’t even matched Lichsteiner’s attacking output ffs. Licht had seasons of 2 goals - 8 assists (under Conte) and 3 goals - 5 assists (under Allegri) in the league in far less minutes (2100 and 2400 respectively vs Cancelo with 1 goal-7 assists in 3200 minutes in his best season), while also being one of the best defensive RBs around. But sure, Cancelo is the best. :lol:

As I said, he’s a good RB. He’s nowhere near the incredible RB you are suggesting he is. Maybe there is a dearth of great fullbacks in the game right now, but Cancelo is nowhere near the top fullbacks of recent years yet.
he plays a lot of left back too

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Pure cope.
Yup. And if he was still here and Allegri played him Tuzzers would say he is the best fullback in the world. FACT!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You just said it’s undeniable he is, and it’s “cope” and ridiculous to say he isn’t. I don’t even mind that you think he’s great. That’s a-ok. I don’t think he is. I think he’s good (obviously far far far better than Sandro lol), but I prefer FBs like Lichtsteiner over this guy by a country mile.
So, let’s put this into terms TuzZers would understand.

Cancelo was named to the EPL team of the season two years in a row.

So if Bremer is world class because of one year winning the award in Serie a, Cancelo is like amazing super duper world class!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Cancelo > Danilo
Only Juve fans would disagree.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Damn. Sorry guys, didn't mean to make this a Cancelo thread... but then that's where Ronaldo's career is right now: sharing an agent with some of modern football's greats. :shifty:

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011

Also for me the emotions started to drag when it was presumable we would beat any team in Serie A. Im hoping this year should be a much more exciting struggle, hopefully to victory but with a real possibility of defeat. Match wins that mean something again. Following this team from Del Neri all the way to Berlin was a wild wild ride, I'm ready for another comeback story

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 160)