Cristiano Ronaldo (174 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Carried us....back to mediocrity.

Yesterday, I felt like I was watching a team for the first time since before he arrived. It was probably more managements fault than his own bringing him here, but I don’t miss him. Old Ronaldo never adapted, he still wants/needs clubs built entirely around him. Still wants to play out wide. Shame, because I feel like he could be a deadly #9 for years to come.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

Yesterday, I felt like I was watching a team for the first time since before he arrived. It was probably more managements fault than his own bringing him here, but I don’t miss him. Old Ronaldo never adapted, he still wants/needs clubs built entirely around him. Still wants to play out wide. Shame, because I feel like he could be a deadly #9 for years to come.
He overturned our Atletico UCL tie absolutely single-handedly.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

We became mediocre because of Tici, Nedved and Agnelli's incompetency, not because of Ronaldo.

We threw squad planning out of the window the moment we signed him but he shouldn't be blamed for any of this at all. Our management simply should've known better.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We became mediocre because of Tici, Nedved and Agnelli's incompetency, not because of Ronaldo.

We threw squad planning out of the window the moment we signed him but he shouldn't be blamed for any of this at all. Our management simply should've known better.
He definitely shouldn’t be blamed for his time here and what he accomplished. Dragged us to a scudetto in Sarri’s season. Dragged us to CL QFs in 2018. Did he do those things alone? Nope. But he was the most decisive figure on the pitch for us. It wasn’t his fault management couldn’t build a proper team around him. The move was a spectacular failure, but not because of his performances.

What he can be blamed for is dilly dallying like a clown all summer, telling management and Allegri he was staying (or so they have all come out and said since), and then getting a “grass is greener” offer after the season had begun and forcing his way out. Total assclown behaviour and fucked the start of our season up entirely. I’m grateful he left and we got Vlahovic. But that could have been done in summer with more time for planning and we’d be in the scudetto race right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 147)