Cristiano Ronaldo (150 Viewers)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Pointless mentioning his scoring record and comparing to others. He is simply one of the greatest and earning what he does is well deserved.

However...as a club we are financially crippled due to covid and in a summer where we need to improve midfield and make so many changes...how can we justify keeping him?

If you earn $200k a year and your wife spends like you earn $500k a year...you cancel her credit card and change internet banking passwords.

It's unfair for us to have this player at a time where we can't afford him.

Jan 22, 2016
It's not about the financial part that I want him gone.
He doesn't participates in team's pressing. The game has changed. We need all 10 outfield players run and press like madman getting forward and defending. Ronaldo doesn't do that and this hurt us in big games.

I still appreciate what he has done for this club but he doesn't get any younger. Best time to sell him before his value totaly decreases.

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
He doesn't participates in team's pressing. The game has changed. We need all 10 outfield players run and press like madman getting forward and defending. Ronaldo doesn't do that and this hurt us in big games.

I still appreciate what he has done for this club but he doesn't get any younger. Best time to sell him before his value totaly decreases.
fair enough, generally people dont dislike Ronaldo. At least thats my assesment. I think its more about the team, his role and the financial future of our squad

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

Agreed but neither does Dybala. Best to sell both of them in a year or two and build a team with a more modern outlook.

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
Because this old trope "he is restricting potential investments in other parts of the team" has been proven wrong a million times.
So why dont we then? Why is the rest of the squad not being upgraded?

Surely if you want to build around Ronaldo you have to povide some sort of foundation for it to work.

We dont have that - we have an average/Subpar team with an aging Ronaldo in it.

Its not a sustainable plan in any case to just keep this narrow minded scenario going any further

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 128)