Cristiano Ronaldo (41 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
that's some lazy journalism once again.

i have an other stat, i wonder when mediaset comes out with such a brilliant idea: szczesny made 57 saves this season in the league. without him, the bianconeri would be in 20th place in the standings with 13 points. :baus:

why that tweet is useless:
- ronaldo's job is to score, he's well paid for it
- without ronaldo, we'd have 1-2 other players in the squad doing their jobs, it's not like we'd play with 10 men if cr wouldn't be here
- the last time we played without ronaldo (vs lazio), morata didn't have cr to pass to, and he assisted our first goal and scored two himself

and no, i have nothing against ronaldo, he's obviously our most important attacker this season, and i wish we could rest cr properly. but these tweets man :sergio:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Ronaldo has to stay, only dumb ppl want him gone.

It will be a lot harder to attract star players without him. Remember how we got de Ligt?
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for the part with him making the club more attractive on the outside altough other than De Ligt which you could make something close to an argument for there's actually no other palpable examples.... but anyway, leaving that aside for a moment and just by following that line of thoughts it just leads us to the main question on probably everyone's mind which is whom exactly is it going to afford actually buying those said "star players" that he attracts?

With the current state of the club and the direction our season is going there's no doubt we are atm closer to having to sell a "star player" out of necessity than we are to actually being capable of buying any new ones on top of the barely few that we already have.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Who the fuck cares about attracting star players?

Let’s actually build a team for once.
this. the reason i can't get excited about potential signings like dembele. stars aren't hungry anymore. our 2015 team had zero stars (even pirlo and tevez weren't stars anymore, many thought they were finished; both all but retired from top football after that season), yet it was a machine.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
that's some lazy journalism once again.

i have an other stat, i wonder when mediaset comes out with such a brilliant idea: szczesny made 57 saves this season in the league. without him, the bianconeri would be in 20th place in the standings with 13 points. :baus:

why that tweet is useless:
- ronaldo's job is to score, he's well paid for it
- without ronaldo, we'd have 1-2 other players in the squad doing their jobs, it's not like we'd play with 10 men if cr wouldn't be here
- the last time we played without ronaldo (vs lazio), morata didn't have cr to pass to, and he assisted our first goal and scored two himself

and no, i have nothing against ronaldo, he's obviously our most important attacker this season, and i wish we could rest cr properly. but these tweets man :sergio:
I think if you take everything single goal he scored it would have been more than 16 points. I have the feeling they took the games in which was decisive when no one else was for that particular match. The point of the tweet I would imagine is more on stats and not actually have people believe that A.) we would have dropped those points without him or B.) no one else would have stepped up in his absence.

You see those kinds of stats in all sports.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Thank you

These stats about how “we’d lose so many points without Ronaldo” are ridiculous and completely pointless.

Yeah, if we played with 10 men every game and did not use the money we’d save on Ronaldo’s wages to buy another forward... then maybe.
:agree: It's not as if those arguing to keep him don't have a point or their logic doesn't make sense. But this counter argument is just ridiculous. €100M for the transfer, then ~€60M paid by the club per year to keep him. We'd have an entirely different team with that money, it's not like it would be sitting in the bank.

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
I hope he leaves not because of anything sporting related, but because of those Ronaldo FC fanboys. I just cant' stand them, they are more than idiots...
I can't stand them too, but that is a stupid reason. Avoid reading comment sections on social media and you will be fine.

Cristiano Ronaldo is probably the greatest player of all time, and his mentality is unmatched. We are lucky to have him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)