Cristiano Ronaldo (80 Viewers)

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Can someone actually verify this? What is the math behind that statement?
They'll say marketing except going out to Lyon and Porto and the attitude we display on the field will do wonders to marketing by attracting new fans lol. Sporting success plays a big role, we won't sell more merchandising by being king of social media while being utter dross on the field. Know a Ronaldo fan that will buy JJ merchandise and associate with the club? Fuck no rofl

Buy on AliExpress.com

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
They'll say marketing except going out to Lyon and Porto and the attitude we display on the field will do wonders to marketing by attracting new fans lol. Sporting success plays a big role, we won't sell more merchandising by being king of social media while being utter dross on the field. Know a Ronaldo fan that will buy JJ merchandise and associate with the club? Fuck no rofl
I heard this Ronaldo and bringing in money argument so many times, but never seen actual proof. genuinely curious about it, like is it even remotely true?

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I heard this Ronaldo and bringing in money argument so many times, but never seen actual proof. genuinely curious about it, like is it even remotely true?
Of course it is, reflected in annual revenue, new sponsorships, social media following and engagements etc.

Getting rid of Ronaldo AND another 10-12 players - perfectly fine. Heck, I might even prefer that option.

But getting rid of Ronaldo and staying put for the most part in other departments - fuck that.

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
Of course it is, reflected in annual revenue, new sponsorships, social media following and engagements etc.

Getting rid of Ronaldo AND another 10-12 players - perfectly fine. Heck, I might even prefer that option.

But getting rid of Ronaldo and staying put for the most part in other departments - fuck that.
You are twisting the argument into other parts.

Im asking a simple question: can you provide any numbers for the revenue, sponsorship etc and all that so called money we are bringing in with him put up against the loss we take because of his sallary/wage and other expenses tied to him ?

A factual (or at the very least a realistic) estimate would be nice

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
You are twisting the argument into other parts.

Im asking a simple question: can you provide any numbers for the revenue, sponsorship etc and all that so called money we are bringing in with him put up against the loss we take because of his sallary/wage etc?
I really don't feel like digging, but you have public financial statements on juventus.com

Look at the numbers before and after him, it's quite obvious.

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
I really don't feel like digging, but you have public financial statements on juventus.com

Look at the numbers before and after him, it's quite obvious.
fine, i will look further into this and find an estimate.

If you only look at stocks and isolate it, i can see the argument of him bringing us tons of cash, but the overall financial situation and taking in all factors surely will bring a more balanced picture of it

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You said Dybala is a poacher..
Oh that. Apologies. A bit of an exaggeration. He doesn’t play as one, because he has always dropped so deep, but his best quality by far is goalscoring and he’s at his best when not dropping deep but playing in and around the box, poaching goals. He’s too one-footed and doesn’t have the touch nor passing vision to be a creative attacking mid/forward responsible for creating chances for the others. Doesn’t suit him.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Oh that. Apologies. A bit of an exaggeration. He doesn’t play as one, because he has always dropped so deep, but his best quality by far is goalscoring and he’s at his best when not dropping deep but playing in and around the box, poaching goals. He’s too one-footed and doesn’t have the touch nor passing vision to be a creative attacking mid/forward responsible for creating chances for the others. Doesn’t suit him.
Deep Lying Forward is his best position. He has a decent shot from inside the box with his right foot. Calling him a poacher is ridiculous. Ronaldo on the other hand has regressed to the point where he can do about as much as Icardi with the ball at his feet.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Imagine how many games we would have lost without a goalkeeper. Szczesny has been so crucial. Probably won us 56 points on his own.
Thank you

These stats about how “we’d lose so many points without Ronaldo” are ridiculous and completely pointless.

Yeah, if we played with 10 men every game and did not use the money we’d save on Ronaldo’s wages to buy another forward... then maybe.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
How about that CL match ago a few years where he scores 3 goals after team being down 0-2 I think? Anyone here not believe opposing managers say guard CR7 and let the rest do whatever? How much more open space would CR7 have if he had more capable players around him. You want to say he's overpaid for his results, okay fine, but he's way down the list when considering other Juve players.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
fine, i will look further into this and find an estimate.

If you only look at stocks and isolate it, i can see the argument of him bringing us tons of cash, but the overall financial situation and taking in all factors surely will bring a more balanced picture of it
Here's some useful data:

I think we need to look specifically at the commercial revenue instead of the full revenue profile, as Ronaldo has a very indirect and probably also insignificant effect on our Matchday revenue and Broadcast revenue.

Juve's commercial revenue per Deloitte:
15/16 101.7m
16/17 114.4m
17/18 143.3m
18/19 185.6m
19/20 188.9m

With how things were going prior to Ronaldo, we can asusme that without him we're probably not making that jump up to 185m in 18/19, but surely we're not that far off either from those numbers, our commercial revenue was already steadily growing before signing CR7. With Covid kicking in, I think it's rather clear that Ronaldo definitely doesn't finance himself now and probably won't in the future as well, I'd say we can attribute anything between 10-20m / year as extra revenue that he brought in.
Let's say he brings in 15m/year extra revenue, his net wages are still 45m. Now the obvious question remains, is his output worth that much?

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
How about that CL match ago a few years where he scores 3 goals after team being down 0-2 I think? Anyone here not believe opposing managers say guard CR7 and let the rest do whatever? How much more open space would CR7 have if he had more capable players around him. You want to say he's overpaid for his results, okay fine, but he's way down the list when considering other Juve players.
2 headers and a penalty you mean? Nobody is denying he is still good at those.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Here's some useful data:

Let's say he brings in 15m/year extra revenue, his net wages are still 45m. Now the obvious question remains, is his output worth that much?
Btw that increase is majorly down to the sponsorship deals with Adidas and Jeep.

If I'm correct, we're under contract until 2024 with Adidas and 2026 with Jeep?

- - - Updated - - -

Where we'll see a big drop in 'numbers' if we sell him though is social media. Serie A's YouTube channel gets millions of views thanks to Ronaldo and Juventus were/are regularly among the top 5 followed clubs on social media.

But how much of an impact does social media have on our annual revenues? Unsure how to determine that.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 57)