Cristiano Ronaldo (101 Viewers)

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
I’m going to assume that with this comment, you are implying disappointment that Ronaldo cannot dribble past multiple players like a certain HGH midget who must not be named.

Those who watch La Liga knew the player we were getting when we signed him. Ronaldo is a fantastic finisher, but this version of him does not add much to build-up play. It’s up to Juventus to build the team around Ronaldo so he can score. Chiesa was a very good addition and he compliments Ronaldo well, but other than him...
Im guessing these same posters wouldn't want halland and lewa here either then because 90 percent of there goals need someone to pass them the ball. Such a stupid argument.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Someone else needs to take the free kicks. It’s ridiculous how bad he has become with them. Probably the weakest part of his game.

With Dybala not on the pitch, just give them to others. Someone like Berna maybe. He actually isn’t bad at free kicks. I think Kulu and Chiesa might be good at them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Why the fuck was he on for full 90 if the game was over by the end of first half? Sure he wants to never get subbed off and makes faces when he is, but Pirlo needs to manage him not the other way around

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Why the fuck was he on for full 90 if the game was over by the end of first half? Sure he wants to never get subbed off and makes faces when he is, but Pirlo needs to manage him not the other way around
Thought so too, but our next game is on saturday, plenty of time to rest and we all know that if he gains momentum he will just crush everyone.
Someone mentioned freekicks, how the hell from the team for which freekicks from 23m or closer to the goal was like a pen we arent able to score even once and its not only Ronaldo. Dybala sometimes takes those on the right side, few years ago, he would score like 50 % of them, right now he cant score any.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
You guys who are doubting CR7 do realize he's better than legendary TrezeGol, as much we adore the French?

Poslano sa mog SM-J530F koristeći Tapatalk

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Thought so too, but our next game is on saturday, plenty of time to rest and we all know that if he gains momentum he will just crush everyone.
Someone mentioned freekicks, how the hell from the team for which freekicks from 23m or closer to the goal was like a pen we arent able to score even once and its not only Ronaldo. Dybala sometimes takes those on the right side, few years ago, he would score like 50 % of them, right now he cant score any.
He's played literally almost every minute since start of the year, what he needs is not additional time to get momentum but rest :D If he got injured in the 2nd half against Crotone, that'd be the end of our title hopes and Pirlo's career at Juve.

I think that Ronaldo is very centered on his legacy and stats, for sure he knows by heart the number of match winning goals he's scored in his career, the number of hattricks scored and a bunch of other stats, he becomes a different player when he has the chance to add another hattrick f.e. On one hand it's nice that things like that push him. However, that should not take priority over teams interests, 2:0 up against Crotone after a looong run of games he should be hitting the bench not pursuing a meaningless hattrick.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Some stats and thoughts on his free-kicks...

He has the longest streak for free-kicks without scoring in Serie A history. I can't find the exact stat but he had 18 consecutive misses by September 2019, and didn't score a free-kick in the next 18 games until he did against Torino, so it is surely 25+, maybe even 30 without scoring in Serie A. The second placed player is Camille Ciano who didn't score from 21 consecutive attempts before Frosinone were relegated.

His current record for Juventus is 1 goal from 64 attempts - a 1.5% conversion rate. Truly, truly abysmal. 42 of those 64 (exactly 2/3) have hit the wall.

He scored more for Real Madrid, but they are hardly numbers to write home about. In his earlier career he would get 4 or 5 per season, now he's down to 2 or 3 since 2014. He had a spell in La Liga where he didn't score in over 50 attempts. In domestic games for Real Madrid (league & cup) he scored 20 goals from 313 attempts (6.4% conversion rate). He has scored 9 CL free-kicks, however, including 2 in QFs, 1 in a SF, and also in a CWC final (I remember this goal against Gremio went straight through the middle of an extremely poor wall). This coupled with some notable ones for Portugal has boosted his reputation. His style and run up is iconic, it's a seller, but the stats don't lie.

His "knuckleball" style doesn't work, at all. It quite literally has never worked in a Juve kit. The one he scored against Torino he changed his style and went for more of a traditional whipped, curling effort.

One goal in 2.5 seasons. Enough is enough. Let anyone other than him take the free-kicks.

And before anyone quotes me the next time he scores a free-kick;
1) It will be an anomaly
2) Why would I be upset at Juve scoring a goal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 82)

• Zaim