Cristiano Ronaldo (169 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
For the Pelé comparisons, which I can see his social media team and agent seem to enjoy, you have to bear in mind that Santos played/play in the Paulista state championship. When Pelé played there it was a 20-team championship of all state teams across different national divisions. So it would be something like Juve and Ronaldo playing in a 38-game championship that looks something like this (I've included the regions of Piemonte, Lombardia, Liguria and Valle d'Aosta to replicate the size/team density of São Paulo - I think I'm being generous to Pelé):

Juventus
Milan
Inter
Atalanta
Sampdoria
Torino
Genoa
Spezia
Monza
Cremonese
Brescia
Novara
Virtus Entella
Varese
Alessandria
AlbinoLeffe
Feralpisalò
Mantova
Lecco
Pro Patria

Imagine how many goals GOAT would score in such a championship.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Yeah, its stupid. Pele can say all he want, but Ronaldo and Messi are uncomparable to any of the players in the history. They are two GOATs, football has changed its much more challenging and these guys are on another planet. For me its unbelievable that Ronaldo and Messi were able to beat Pele's records in current circumstances and it just shows that there wont be players like them for a long long time.

May 25, 2019
Yeah, its stupid. Pele can say all he want, but Ronaldo and Messi are uncomparable to any of the players in the history. They are two GOATs, football has changed its much more challenging and these guys are on another planet. For me its unbelievable that Ronaldo and Messi were able to beat Pele's records in current circumstances and it just shows that there wont be players like them for a long long time.
What did Pele say?

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Didn't set the world on fire but solid nonetheless.

Cristiano stats v Milan

50 Touches

2/2 Take-ons won

6/10 Ground duels won

4 Fouls suffered

2 Crosses

3 Chances created

1 Big chance created

3 Key passes Solid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 160)