Cristiano Ronaldo (50 Viewers)

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Rabiot would not have scored had CR7 not been on the field. There! His impact is not only in goals and assists, it's in bringing the best out of everyone on the team. That applies obviously to all players except Bernardeschi.
Agree!

CR7 is hands down the best sportsman ever to wear our shirt. His mentality itself dwarfs our other legends (nedved delpiero buffon, with all due respect.) if CR7 played in our 2005 team, we would be winning champions league three years in a row. Del Piero and nedved will be feeding him goals.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Agree!

CR7 is hands down the best sportsman ever to wear our shirt. His mentality itself dwarfs our other legends (nedved delpiero buffon, with all due respect.) if CR7 played in our 2005 team, we would be winning champions league three years in a row. Del Piero and nedved will be feeding him goals.
Undoubtely.

More admirable than his skills as a footballer, is his sheer will of winner. The guy is something else , bar none.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Undoubtely.

More admirable than his skills as a footballer, is his sheer will of winner. The guy is something else , bar none.
Agree. Tbh he is the biggest key to pirlo’s tactical plan.

Pirlo wants the game to be played in opponent’s half but we did not have a player who is the reference point in attack in the first half yesterday.

Once CR7 came on, they passed to him and opponent players multi marked him, leaving more spaces for his teammates to run.

Cr7 is going to enjoy his football again thanks to Pirlo.

The biggest concern now is...when Cr7 doesn’t play, we do not have a more obvious reference point. Morata to some extent but he is physically not as strong.could really use manbro or zapata.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Agree. Tbh he is the biggest key to pirlo’s tactical plan.

Pirlo wants the game to be played in opponent’s half but we did not have a player who is the reference point in attack in the first half yesterday.

Once CR7 came on, they passed to him and opponent players multi marked him, leaving more spaces for his teammates to run.

Cr7 is going to enjoy his football again thanks to Pirlo.

The biggest concern now is...when Cr7 doesn’t play, we do not have a more obvious reference point. Morata to some extent but he is physically not as strong.could really use manbro or zapata.

The problem is not the physicality of morata or anyone else.. it goes way deeper than that. The real problem is that when CR7 doesnt play, we not only lacka. reference point, but also a leader. mentalwise this team is fragile as hell... and it seems we need ronaldos presence to make our players believe.

Is awesome how crazy ronaldo is, but also is super worrying that our team becomes braindead if he is not on the field.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
After yesterday’s double, Cristiano Ronaldo is now in the top 20 goal scorers of all-time at 3 clubs:
• Real Madrid - 1st (450 goals)
• Man United - 8th (118 goals)
• Juventus - 18th (70 goals)

:tuttosport:
Could he become the only player to score over 100 goals for three of the biggest clubs in the 3 biggest leagues on the planet (assuming he reaches that milestone with Juve)? In fact, has anyone scored more than 100 goals for 3 different clubs at the highest level period? He could genuinely retire a legend of all 3 of Real, Utd & Juve by the time he hangs up his boots which would be unprecedented.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
If we extend his contract, the annual costs of Ronaldo drop, right? Because of the amortization?
and new tax law? :xfinger:

- - - Updated - - -

Could he become the only player to score over 100 goals for three of the biggest clubs in the 3 biggest leagues on the planet (assuming he reaches that milestone with Juve)? In fact, has anyone scored more than 100 goals for 3 different clubs at the highest level period? He could genuinely retire a legend of all 3 of Real, Utd & Juve by the time he hangs up his boots which would be unprecedented.
Zlatan maybe? Different clubs tho.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
and new tax law? :xfinger:

- - - Updated - - -

Zlatan maybe? Different clubs tho.
new tax law only benefit those who didn't work in italy for the last two years. ronaldo would only qualify for that if he left the country for two years then returned.

didn't check but i guess zlatan scored 100+ goals in two top5 leagues. he played for a short time in spain and in england (and spent half of his manure years injured anyway)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I understand the admiration, adulation and love for one of the most iconic sports figures in the history of the sport, but please let's not resort to being simps. We're not going back to being shit once he leaves, and we're not a trash team who are absolutely useless without him.

We reached 2 CL finals in the last 5 seasons, WITHOUT Ronaldo! Perspective people FFS!

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
I understand the admiration, adulation and love for one of the most iconic sports figures in the history of the sport, but please let's not resort to being simps. We're not going back to being shit once he leaves, and we're not a trash team who are absolutely useless without him.

We reached 2 CL finals in the last 5 seasons, WITHOUT Ronaldo! Perspective people FFS!
But we did not win those finals because we were missing a player like Ronaldo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
But we did not win those finals because we were missing a player like Ronaldo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe. However, there's no point denying that with Ronaldo we haven't improved as a team - in fact, we have regressed and the results clearly indicate that.

Yes, I'm aware of the coaching changes and dearth of quality in midfield, but I'm purely speaking from a results on the pitch perspective.

May 25, 2019
Maybe. However, there's no point denying that with Ronaldo we haven't improved as a team - in fact, we have regressed and the results clearly indicate that.

Yes, I'm aware of the coaching changes and dearth of quality in midfield, but I'm purely speaking from a results on the pitch perspective.
Yet we have been night and day better with him in the lineup than without. He is not in charge of naming coaches and in the Mercato's. He has done his job where he should, on the pitch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)