Cristiano Ronaldo (87 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I always knew I was special.
Well... that depends, do you honestly think it wasn't a historical transfer and a positive experience having him here for this period? It's not like he was the one choking in CL or the reason why we eventually got ko'd.. in fact he was the only guy who actually scored ko goals for Juve in the past two years. There are many downsides to his time spent here ofc but overall so far if you put it into balance it is clear he was a success all things considered, and IMO what's most important is that it's not even over yet, he still has another season to prove himself and maybe turn some of those few remaining jeers into cheers afterall.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Well... that depends, do you honestly think it wasn't a historical transfer
Historical? Yes it was.

and a positive experience having him here for this period?
Positive? No, not at all.

It's not like he was the one choking in CL or the reason why we eventually got ko'd.. in fact he was the only guy who actually scored ko goals for Juve in the past two years. There are many downsides to his time spent here ofc but overall so far if you put it into balance it is clear he was a success all things considered,
Meh. Like I have said before: you can't fault his personal statistics. They are not up for debate.

Personally, I think we spent 500 million and ended up having a worse team than before. When were we closer to winning the CL? Before or after his arrival?
And no, I'm not saying it's his fault or whatever, but as far as return on investment is concerned, it's a pretty terrible deal. Made even worse because of Covid.

and IMO what's most important is that it's not even over yet, he still has another season to prove himself and maybe turn some of those few remaining jeers into cheers afterall.
:xfingers:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Historical? Yes it was.

Meh. Like I have said before: you can't fault his personal statistics. They are not up for debate.

Personally, I think we spent 500 million and ended up having a worse team than before. When were we closer to winning the CL? Before or after his arrival?
And no, I'm not saying it's his fault or whatever, but as far as return on investment is concerned, it's a pretty terrible deal. Made even worse because of Covid.

In perspective i actually agree with you on many points, however what i'd add is that there's absolutely no guarantee that the money invested in him would have been better spent elsewhere or if we would have done better as a team otherwise, and in fact, the figures involved in his transfer might have never been approved/injected into the Juventus finances if it wasn't for this specific 'market opportunity', also long term i think it will benefit the club, bright part would be that after he is gone we are surely gonna go for another superstar because obviously his departure will have huge positive impact on our budget aswell as an influence on our image, this if we choose to look at it in an optimistic manner ofc.

Anyway, hopefully this season will go better then the ones before so we can see some more palpable benefits. :tup:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Historical? Yes it was.

Is it?
He's helped us renegotiate much bigger contracts with Jeep and Adidas.
His presence has single handedly elevated Serie A to a much more viewed league. Just look at the youtube numbers for Serie A highlights- they blow every other league out of the water, even for non-Juve games. Juve Sassuolo is more watched than El Clasico. Could you have ever imagined something like that happening? Although this may not have directly increased our revenues, it helps the league to secure better TV deals in the future.
Finally, our brand recognition is beyond the roof since signing him.
We spend about 85 million on him per year. I would say his presence has increased our revenues by at least 50-60 million per year, and that's not counting all the intangibles I mentioned. So he is no more expensive than Douglas Costa, Bernardeschi or Ramsey on our balance sheets as a whole.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Personally, I'm not so sure that even half of those financial benefits stay with us once he leaves, especially if we don't win the Champions League with him.
Which is why we need to capitalize on his transfer by improving our team over the next two years and being able to afford the next best thing to Ronaldo- either Haaland or Mbappe.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Which is why we need to capitalize on his transfer by improving our team over the next two years and being able to afford the next best thing to Ronaldo- either Haaland or Mbappe.
Exactly. If we don't build from here then it's pointless, just short term gains. As of right now, at least from the outside, it doesn't look like we're getting there. Already half his contract was wasted with the worst midfield we've had in the past 10 years, and then COVID came and made it infinitely harder. Why would fans stick around and continue watching if we look like last season? I'm just not feeling too optimistic about it at the moment.

That is only unless we completely collapse like Milan which is very very unlikely.
You don't even need a collapse, even if we stay as we are now then I don't think it will be enough. If we don't give a reason for these neutrals/Ronaldo followers to keep watching, then why would they stay once he is done here with the league as backwards as it is? This is just my opinion of course.

Jun 16, 2020
Shame that we don’t have him with the pace he had when he was young. Still is fast, but doesn’t have that explosive acceleration anymore. More a very smart winger with great positioning. Still love him tho.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018

The sheer variety in the type of goals scored is insane. Bullet headers, long range golazos, FKs, etc. Very few tap-ins or poacher’s finishes. Makes the notion that he only scores those type of goals comical.
Crazy how good he was in the air even at 18 was scoring lots of cracking headers its very rare for a flashy winger, there isnt another player around that has the variety of goals Ronaldo has.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
You're a fanboy though, right?
Yes, if enjoying seeing the GOAT play but im not digging down every possible site, platform etc. to get my daily dose of him. Just generally enjoying him to literally break record every other day because when he does that, it means it hasn’t been done before and it’s something special. On top of that, he’s still the best player in the world and he plays for us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 59)