Cristiano Ronaldo (168 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Fans want €50m for Ronaldo no-show?
By Football Italia staff

South Korean fans have taken legal action following Cristiano Ronaldo’s friendly no-show for Juventus – and their claim for compensation could top €50m.
It comes after the organisers of Juve’s clash with K League All-Stars last weekend threatened to sue the club for not playing Ronaldo, despite being contractually obliged to do so.
Around 60,000 supporters attended Seoul’s World Cup Stadium to watch the friendly, and lawyer Kim Min-ki is preparing an expensive lawsuit on their behalf.
“Many purchased tickets to see Ronaldo,” he told reporters.
“TheFasta publicised that the company had a deal with Juventus which stipulated Ronaldo would play for at least 45 minutes and that Ronaldo would hold a fan signing event.
“Normally in such cases the plaintiffs will be refunded the price of the tickets, but I put this under a special case since the company, through false advertising, took advantage of the football star’s fans.
“For now we have two plaintiffs who sued the company, but I have been getting a lot of calls today and I assume there will be some 60,000 more.”
As per the lawsuit, Kim is demanding €52.40 per ticket, €0.76 for commission and a payment of €760 to each fan for ‘mental anguish’.
“As for the mental anguish part, I’d like to say some of them are raucous fans, the real avid fans.
“So for them it is very painful because they love Ronaldo and want to protect him, but they can’t, given the situation.”
The Bianconeri maintain the 34-year-old was carrying a muscle injury and therefore could not make an appearance.
That place would have been half full, at best, if they knew beforehand that Ronaldo was not going to play.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
That place would have been half full, at best, if they knew beforehand that Ronaldo was not going to play.
So? It's our decision who plays and not plays. It wasn't Ronaldo vs an All Star team. It was Juventus. I've gone to an Argentina friendly and Messi didn't play, no one tried to sure their federation.

Idiots IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

UNLESS we signed a contract that said he would play.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So? It's our decision who plays and not plays. It wasn't Ronaldo vs an All Star team. It was Juventus. I've gone to an Argentina friendly and Messi didn't play, no one tried to sure their federation.

Idiots IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

UNLESS we signed a contract that said he would play.
So, you didn't even read what you posted. It says it , right in the middle of the article, that there was an agreement.

- - - Updated - - -

And it doesn't matter anyway, as we are not the ones being sued. Now if it was that comapny that was filing the lawsuit, then yes, we would have had a problem.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So, you didn't even read what you posted. It says it , right in the middle of the article, that there was an agreement.

- - - Updated - - -

And it doesn't matter anyway, as we are not the ones being sued. Now if it was that comapny that was filing the lawsuit, then yes, we would have had a problem.
There was a report before the match that Ronaldo had a muscle issue. I don't know if that was confirmed or not, but I do remember something that had that claim.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
There was a report before the match that Ronaldo had a muscle issue. I don't know if that was confirmed or not, but I do remember something that had that claim.
In that case, Juve should have announced that. The overwhelming majority of those people paid their hard earned money for what would literally be a once in a lifetime opportunity. Now, I'm not sitting here saying that a lawsuit is the correct way to go about it, but those fans every right to be upset. We have to consider the circumstances here. How many times have Juve been to Korea? Probably never.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
In that case, Juve should have announced that. The overwhelming majority of those people paid their hard earned money for what would literally be a once in a lifetime opportunity. Now, I'm not sitting here saying that a lawsuit is the correct way to go about it, but those fans every right to be upset. We have to consider the circumstances here. How many times have Juve been to Korea? Probably never.
Could have pulled up with a tweak in warm up. You saying they should announce it before kick off that he wasn't playing? Then they boo for 90 minutes?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Could have pulled up with a tweak in warm up. You saying they should announce it before kick off that he wasn't playing? Then they boo for 90 minutes?
So what if they boo? If he was injured, then at least that is better than leaving 60000 fans hanging in anticipation of seeing their hero, which doesn't come to fruition. You act as if the club doesn't owe these fans, who again, are having a once in a lifetime experience to see their hero, an explanation, or even the decency to let them know that he will not play due to injury. If half the fans leave right away, then so be it. Their tickets are already paid for. Juve's share fo the gate receipts are already received.

- - - Updated - - -

The notion that these fans in South Korea came to a Juve match to watch Juve is ridiculous. They didn't. They came to watch Ronaldo.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So what if they boo? If he was injured, then at least that is better than leaving 60000 fans hanging in anticipation of seeing their hero, which doesn't come to fruition. You act as if the club doesn't owe these fans, who again, are having a once in a lifetime experience to see their hero, an explanation, or even the decency to let them know that he will not play due to injury. If half the fans leave right away, then so be it. Their tickets are already paid for. Juve's share fo the gate receipts are already received.
Not sure man, I see both sides. Club preparing for a big season shouldn't have to worry about peoples feelings, but if the contract was signed and he didn't have a good reason for not playing then Juve should probably start worrying.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Not sure man, I see both sides. Club preparing for a big season shouldn't have to worry about peoples feelings, but if the contract was signed and he didn't have a good reason for not playing then Juve should probably start worrying.
I'm sure that you and I, on an emotional level, would feel the same way if we were living in a country that didn't get these types of stars to come and play in the summer every year.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'm sure that you and I, on an emotional level, would feel the same way if we were living in a country that didn't get these types of stars to come and play in the summer every year.
Agreed. I felt the same way when messi didn't even warm up when they played Honduras.

I was less angry because I was able to watch the entire Argie team train at Georgetown up close, so that was nice. I got over it.

JuvXOXO

May 25, 2019
I think he was just fatigued from playing 90 minutes two days earlier. That's understandable, but then either don't play him 90 minutes against Inter or don't sign a contract saying that he will play at least 45 in this match.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Fans want €50m for Ronaldo no-show?
By Football Italia staff

South Korean fans have taken legal action following Cristiano Ronaldo’s friendly no-show for Juventus – and their claim for compensation could top €50m.
It comes after the organisers of Juve’s clash with K League All-Stars last weekend threatened to sue the club for not playing Ronaldo, despite being contractually obliged to do so.
Around 60,000 supporters attended Seoul’s World Cup Stadium to watch the friendly, and lawyer Kim Min-ki is preparing an expensive lawsuit on their behalf.
“Many purchased tickets to see Ronaldo,” he told reporters.
“TheFasta publicised that the company had a deal with Juventus which stipulated Ronaldo would play for at least 45 minutes and that Ronaldo would hold a fan signing event.
“Normally in such cases the plaintiffs will be refunded the price of the tickets, but I put this under a special case since the company, through false advertising, took advantage of the football star’s fans.
“For now we have two plaintiffs who sued the company, but I have been getting a lot of calls today and I assume there will be some 60,000 more.”
As per the lawsuit, Kim is demanding €52.40 per ticket, €0.76 for commission and a payment of €760 to each fan for ‘mental anguish’.
“As for the mental anguish part, I’d like to say some of them are raucous fans, the real avid fans.
“So for them it is very painful because they love Ronaldo and want to protect him, but they can’t, given the situation.”
The Bianconeri maintain the 34-year-old was carrying a muscle injury and therefore could not make an appearance.
Flaming Dragons?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 147)