Cristiano Ronaldo (100 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Fans want €50m for Ronaldo no-show?
By Football Italia staff

South Korean fans have taken legal action following Cristiano Ronaldo’s friendly no-show for Juventus – and their claim for compensation could top €50m.
It comes after the organisers of Juve’s clash with K League All-Stars last weekend threatened to sue the club for not playing Ronaldo, despite being contractually obliged to do so.
Around 60,000 supporters attended Seoul’s World Cup Stadium to watch the friendly, and lawyer Kim Min-ki is preparing an expensive lawsuit on their behalf.
“Many purchased tickets to see Ronaldo,” he told reporters.
“TheFasta publicised that the company had a deal with Juventus which stipulated Ronaldo would play for at least 45 minutes and that Ronaldo would hold a fan signing event.
“Normally in such cases the plaintiffs will be refunded the price of the tickets, but I put this under a special case since the company, through false advertising, took advantage of the football star’s fans.
“For now we have two plaintiffs who sued the company, but I have been getting a lot of calls today and I assume there will be some 60,000 more.”
As per the lawsuit, Kim is demanding €52.40 per ticket, €0.76 for commission and a payment of €760 to each fan for ‘mental anguish’.
“As for the mental anguish part, I’d like to say some of them are raucous fans, the real avid fans.
“So for them it is very painful because they love Ronaldo and want to protect him, but they can’t, given the situation.”
The Bianconeri maintain the 34-year-old was carrying a muscle injury and therefore could not make an appearance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 81)