Cristiano Ronaldo (96 Viewers)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Very much off topic now but I'm 100% for equal pay, equal rights for all people etc.

But the problem is noone is interested in watching women's league* football, especially not women and in particular not the women debating equal pay for women. Companies aren't interested in advertising their products if noone is watching. People don't attend the matches. There is barely any TV money because noone is watching. So where is the money supposed to come from? I don't get it.

* There was a fair bit of interest in the latest world cup over here and I enjoyed watching it on the telly but I wouldn't watch a league match if I got free tickets even though my "local" team has finished first or second the past eight years in the top league here and has some of the best players in the world. It just doesn't interest me.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Very much off topic now but I'm 100% for equal pay, equal rights for all people etc.

But the problem is noone is interested in watching women's league* football, especially not women and in particular not the women debating equal pay for women. Companies aren't interested in advertising their products if noone is watching. People don't attend the matches. There is barely any TV money because noone is watching. So where is the money supposed to come from? I don't get it.

* There was a fair bit of interest in the latest world cup over here and I enjoyed watching it on the telly but I wouldn't watch a league match if I got free tickets even though my "local" team has finished first or second the past eight years in the top league here and has some of the best players in the world. It just doesn't interest me.
Only left wing feminist don’t get this. And the American women soccer team get 13% while the male only get 9%. It’s retarded.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Dont think it should be about equal pay, the Americans are completely deluded. But as one of the Australian female players said in above articles, they want more pay (not equal) so they can professionally live off football. That makes sense.

But the bottom line is you have to improve your own product, draw in fans all year long and not just once every 4 years during world cup. Even then the once every 4 years tournos dont interest me, even if most of my family watches it.

Draw in fans and then ask for more money. Personally speaking the only female player that ever withhold my attention long enough is Marta. Produce more highly entertaining players like that and then we'll see.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Dont think it should be about equal pay, the Americans are completely deluded. But as one of the Australian female players said in above articles, they want more pay (not equal) so they can professionally live off football. That makes sense.

But the bottom line is you have to improve your own product, draw in fans all year long and not just once every 4 years during world cup. Even then the once every 4 years tournos dont interest me, even if most of my family watches it.

Draw in fans and then ask for more money. Personally speaking the only female player that ever withhold my attention long enough is Marta. Produce more highly entertaining players like that and then we'll see.
I get the point about living off it, but I disagree. This isn’t social welfare. And what about athletes in other sports like badminton or ping-pong?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Only left wing feminist don’t get this. And the American women soccer team get 13% while the male only get 9%. It’s retarded.
Yes, it’s utter nonsense. But the worst thing about it is all of the soccer “experds” coming out of the woodwork, acting like they know something about the game and watch it as much as we do, when in fact they never watch any men’s or women’s leagues whatsoever. Yet they know all of the statistics about it because some fool from the Washington Post made a mindless tweet. SJW’s are the worst.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Yes, it’s utter nonsense. But the worst thing about it is all of the soccer “experds” coming out of the woodwork, acting like they know something about the game and watch it as much as we do, when in fact they never watch any men’s or women’s leagues whatsoever. Yet they know all of the statistics about it because some fool from the Washington Post made a mindless tweet. SJW’s are the worst.
Also in Forbes.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
All women’s teams will lose against high school kids who play same as how Serena Williams will lose against a lowly ranked tennis player. Women’s and men’s footie are different sports, no point to compare like that.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
All women’s teams will lose against high school kids who play same as how Serena Williams will lose against a lowly ranked tennis player. Women’s and men’s footie are different sports, no point to compare like that.
How young do the boys have to be for the women to win?

13 years old?

I heard that's the crossover point.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Koreans are so pissed off Ronaldo didn't show up on the pitch. Their media says there was a contract stating he must play at least 45 minutes and we broke that agreement. They are attacking CR and Juve on social media :grin: damn, the plan was to obviously gain new fans in that country but looks like Juve will lose them now. Nice :lol:

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
Koreans are so pissed off Ronaldo didn't show up on the pitch. Their media says there was a contract stating he must play at least 45 minutes and we broke that agreement. They're are attacking CR and Juve on social media :grin: damn, the plan was to obviously gain new fans in that country but looks like Juve will lose them now. Nice :lol:
Yes it was a bad move but according to Sarri ronaldo was feeling very tired and muscles were sore so Agnelli decided to not risk him but i would have been pissed too if he was promised to play.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Koreans are so pissed off Ronaldo didn't show up on the pitch. Their media says there was a contract stating he must play at least 45 minutes and we broke that agreement. They are attacking CR and Juve on social media :grin: damn, the plan was to obviously gain new fans in that country but looks like Juve will lose them now. Nice
Should be happy they got to see 90 minutes of Italian Ronaldo, Bernadeshi.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)