Cristiano Ronaldo (108 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
As a speaker of both languages, I disagree especially for the Azeri dialect with its frequent use of "kh".
Azeri is not a dialect. Both Turkish and Azeri are Turkic languages.
But I agree with you about the 'kh's and 'gh's of Azeri. The only reason Turkish got pretty is due to its Europeanization by Atatürk, who eliminated such sounds.
Azeri is closer to what they spoke in the Ottoman Empire.

Where are you from btw?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Azeri is not a dialect. Both Turkish and Azeri are Turkic languages.
But I agree with you about the 'kh's and 'gh's of Azeri. The only reason Turkish got pretty is due to its Europeanization by Atatürk, who eliminated such sounds.
Azeri is closer to what they spoke in the Ottoman Empire.

Where are you from btw?
I grew up in Iran to a Turkish-speaking family from Azerbaijan (region in NW Iran not the country). I live the US now.
P.S. Yes Azeri is not a dialect. I misspoke. I wanted to point out the variation in pronunciation between Azerbaijan and Turkey.

Jul 7, 2018
For me, the best language is English, without any doubts. Spanish i can’t say is a good language cause is my native language so it would be easy for me to say that. I’m learning German and i like it a lot, but my god, what a difficult language. Is like a viking english :lol2:. Portugues a really don’t like it, i learned some in high-school but is not a nice language in my opinion.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I grew up in Iran to a Turkish-speaking family from Azerbaijan (region in NW Iran not the country). I live the US now.
P.S. Yes Azeri is not a dialect. I misspoke. I wanted to point out the variation in pronunciation between Azerbaijan and Turkey.
There are about 30 million Azeris living in S. Azerbaijan (N. Iran), and they are heavily discriminated by the Iranian government, language wise (no education allowed in Azeri).
Sad shit, hope Trump fucks them up :D

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
For me, the best language is English, without any doubts. Spanish i can’t say is a good language cause is my native language so it would be easy for me to say that. I’m learning German and i like it a lot, but my god, what a difficult language. Is like a viking english :lol2:. Portugues a really don’t like it, i learned some in high-school but is not a nice language in my opinion.
Portuguese is so sexy. When you hear a girl speak in Portuguese to you, it's divine. German is such a harsh language; it sounds as if someone spit in my bowl of cereal.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
There are about 30 million Azeris living in S. Azerbaijan (N. Iran), and they are heavily discriminated by the Iranian government, language wise (no education allowed in Azeri).
Sad shit, hope Trump fucks them up :D
OT
While the discrimination part is true, that 30m number is exaggerated heavily by Azeri nationalists. There's no way that the number is that high. You should know Iranian government divided Kurdish population between several provinces, one of which being W. Azerbaijan province in Iran. Not all people living in 3 Azerbaijan provinces are Turkish. Anyway the discrimination is awful. People and governments in that region doesn't have any respect for federalism. I can say the same about Kurds and Turkey.
As much as hate Iranian government, I never wish for a war, especially by this orange imbecile. Nobody benefits from a war long term. That, and I still have friends and family in Iran.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
OT
While the discrimination part is true, that 30m number is exaggerated heavily by Azeri nationalists. There's no way that the number is that high. You should know Iranian government divided Kurdish population between several provinces, one of which being W. Azerbaijan province in Iran. Not all people living in 3 Azerbaijan provinces are Turkish. Anyway the discrimination is awful. People and governments in that region doesn't have any respect for federalism. I can say the same about Kurds and Turkey.
As much as hate Iranian government, I never wish for a war, especially by this orange imbecile. Nobody benefits from a war long term. That, and I still have friends and family in Iran.
Ok let it be 20m.
Still, this regime has to go, no ifs or buts about it.
Persians themselves are secular people to the core, one of the all time greatest civilisations, this Islamist bullshit is killing them.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Ok let it be 20m.
Still, this regime has to go, no ifs or buts about it.
Persians themselves are secular people to the core, one of the all time greatest civilisations, this Islamist bullshit is killing them.
You're preaching to the choir. I just don't think war is the answer.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
For me the best language is strayan

@Salvo @Bianconero_Aus @Buck Fuddy

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Proper Standard Italian is a lovely, beautiful and melodic language. One of the nicest languages I’ve heard imo, but most Romance languages are tbh.

But I will say, some Italian regional languages (like Neapolitan, Sicilian, Venetian, Milanese etc) can sound a bit harsh and ugly :D Just from family experience I can tell you this.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
Proper Standard Italian is a lovely, beautiful and melodic language. One of the nicest languages I’ve heard imo, but most Romance languages are tbh.

But I will say, some Italian regional languages (like Neapolitan, Sicilian, Venetian, Milanese etc) can sound a bit harsh and ugly :D Just from family experience I can tell you this.
Shut up bogan lvl 999

alex_samatar

Feb 16, 2004
Arabic is a Unique and a old school language. It doesn’t sound good for football, Music and Cursing. It sound great for poetry, real Documentaries and Authentic History. English is the least beautiful language because it is very weird and confusing language and historically young. English is the last three or four century language, before that they need to sit down, listen and learn from Arab people. Fact

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 89)