Cristiano Ronaldo (103 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
You would consider halting agreements during investigations which would cause losing millions of income... and what if they are acquitted, which seems to be the case with most of these allegations? Who would reimburse them?

Thats a tough one cause there is no scenario in which no one gets harmed.

On the one hand, brands will wanna pull sponsorships not by law but out of fear that their brand will get associated with the celebrity's image. Thats reasonable from their perspective but as you point out correctly is unfair to the celebrity if they are indeed innocent.

Similarly people in real life will shun that person and again for good reason. If its someone at your work thats alleged to have raped/murdered/whatever, and you dont know if its true or not, would you hang out with that person and risk being a victim? No, you'd avoid him because if he is a criminal he is a danger to those around him. So naturally people will shun an accused person and they'd be placed on leave or fired etc.. But again if he is actually innocent (and we just dont know yet) then its really unfair to him.

So brands and even regular people are being reasonable in protecting themselves when they distance themselves from a celeb based on what looks like a semi-credible allegation. But if that dude is actually innocent, then thats incredibly unfair.

The next logical questions then are:

1) Whats the probability of being falsely accused in a manner that would convince enough people for brands/people to shun you? (as opposed to a accused in a tweet from an anonymous account with the Barca flag). I think the probability is very low. Even Aziz Ansari in trigger happy hollywood still has a career because not enough people were convinced he did a big wrong. From all the celebs that were accused of rape and/or assault in that so called witchhunt, how many turned out to be innocent so far? A tiny minority?

2) Assuming the courts dont have enough evidence to go by and public opinion makes the wrong judgment, who is in a worse state: (a) a rape victim whose rapist walks away untouched continuing to be super rich & famous and loved by millions etc... or (b) A wrongly accused celebrity losing his career over a crime they never did?

Both are bad but the Ronaldos, Weinsteins, Spacey's etc.. will continue to be millionaires because they have already made millions even if it all comes to a stop now. It still sucks to lose a brilliant career over a false accusation dont get me wrong its super unjust. The point I am making is that anyone in a position to go through a Metoo campaign is not your typical average Joe, its an already established millionaire who will still have more money and fame than both of us combined despite the accusation.

If the public gets it wrong and say disbelieve an accuser when a rape actually took place, that person's life wasnt too good already and the trauma is multiplied. Thats not to mention the swarm of filth that will attack them and send hate mail and bully them online and make memes about their rape online.

So yes being wrongfully accused and losing your career over it is incredibly unjust and unfair, its just a) super rare to actually happen even in #Metoo Era, b) to even qualify for a Metoo campaign you have to already be a rich famous celeb with sponsorships and everything.. you'll be financially fine forever, c) I'd rather have a big celebrity wrongfully lose their career in the rare occasion where public opinion destroys an innocent person's career than having rape victims watch their rapists make millions of dollars and be worshiped by fans every day.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
2 long 2 read. @Bianconero_Aus can you please make a short summary of this long post above?
:lol3:

It can be shortened to: He lumps Spacey, Weinstein, Ronaldo into a group, and says he’d rather an innocent Ronaldo has his career ruined on the off-chance he isn’t guilty, than have his victim have to watch her rapist continue to make millions.

:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:

What do you think about him Lapa? He’s a SJW from Egypt who thinks Ronaldo is a rapist.
Worships Salah too, who is ugly as sin and definitely looks like a rapist.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

It can be shortened to: He lumps Spacey, Weinstein, Ronaldo into a group, and says he’d rather an innocent Ronaldo has his career ruined on the off-chance he isn’t guilty, than have his victim have to watch her rapist continue to make millions.

i cant believe hes allowed to troll so much

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
You know, it is chauvinist men like you that make women so emotional. Maybe, just maybe, YOU are the one who is flawed. But you are too damned self-absorbed and gender discriminatory to ever think that there is some flaw in the sculptured image you have made yourself into. And maybe if you STOPPED using the opposite sex as nothing more than a figure, something to blame, something to mistreat, and something to abuse, you could stop making yourself into such a vexing sexist pig. And, maybe, if you could take a look outside of yourself and not give a name to a large group of peoples, you could learn something. Oh and also, have you taken sex ed? Because last time I checked,YOU would not BE here without a woman. And also, you are making YOURSELF look stupid and unenlightened to the human species when you even ask this question. So I'll answer your question with one of my own: Why are YOU so annoying?
Go fall in a ditch.
My dude

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013

On the one hand, brands will wanna pull sponsorships not by law but out of fear that their brand will get associated with the celebrity's image. Thats reasonable from their perspective but as you point out correctly is unfair to the celebrity if they are indeed innocent.

Similarly people in real life will shun that person and again for good reason. If its someone at your work thats alleged to have raped/murdered/whatever, and you dont know if its true or not, would you hang out with that person and risk being a victim? No, you'd avoid him because if he is a criminal he is a danger to those around him. So naturally people will shun an accused person and they'd be placed on leave or fired etc.. But again if he is actually innocent (and we just dont know yet) then its really unfair to him.

So brands and even regular people are being reasonable in protecting themselves when they distance themselves from a celeb based on what looks like a semi-credible allegation. But if that dude is actually innocent, then thats incredibly unfair.

1) Whats the probability of being falsely accused in a manner that would convince enough people for brands/people to shun you? (as opposed to a accused in a tweet from an anonymous account with the Barca flag). I think the probability is very low. Even Aziz Ansari in trigger happy hollywood still has a career because not enough people were convinced he did a big wrong. From all the celebs that were accused of rape and/or assault in that so called witchhunt, how many turned out to be innocent so far? A tiny minority?

2) Assuming the courts dont have enough evidence to go by and public opinion makes the wrong judgment, who is in a worse state: (a) a rape victim whose rapist walks away untouched continuing to be super rich & famous and loved by millions etc... or (b) A wrongly accused celebrity losing his career over a crime they never did?

Both are bad but the Ronaldos, Weinsteins, Spacey's etc.. will continue to be millionaires because they have already made millions even if it all comes to a stop now. It still sucks to lose a brilliant career over a false accusation dont get me wrong its super unjust. The point I am making is that anyone in a position to go through a Metoo campaign is not your typical average Joe, its an already established millionaire who will still have more money and fame than both of us combined despite the accusation.

If the public gets it wrong and say disbelieve an accuser when a rape actually took place, that person's life wasnt too good already and the trauma is multiplied. Thats not to mention the swarm of filth that will attack them and send hate mail and bully them online and make memes about their rape online.

So yes being wrongfully accused and losing your career over it is incredibly unjust and unfair, its just a) super rare to actually happen even in #Metoo Era, b) to even qualify for a Metoo campaign you have to already be a rich famous celeb with sponsorships and everything.. you'll be financially fine forever, c) I'd rather have a big celebrity wrongfully lose their career in the rare occasion where public opinion destroys an innocent person's career than having rape victims watch their rapists make millions of dollars and be worshiped by fans every day.
Lol.

Man some people's minds work in weird ways.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

It isnt only about being financially fine forever as you put it, although money can trickle down quickly when you get accustomed to certain lifestyle. But you are taking away work opportunity for them by suspending contracts prior to conviction and entirely disregarding presumption of innocence here. Accuser being poor doesnt make it acceptable to ruin someone's life. wth man?! In fact a lot if them would milk this situation as much as possible and you would be paving roads for any future gold digger. Imagine 30-40 yo that cant find a job in his proffession anymore due to bad rep. Bc all these cases happened decades ago and while it is hard to convict someone due to lack of evidence, for that very same reason accused person will never clear his name or counter sue for defamation. There will always be 'what if' lingering around...Yes, they will still have their millions, but mentally they will be fucked up in the end. Having too much money also means easier access to drugs and alchocol, which can lead to more rapid mental and physical decay, due to its abuse, etc..
I feel it is better to avoid taking sides before court rulings or at least before accuser presents some substantial evidence. Let them work and do their jobs, you can stone them later, if guilty.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Dybala > Mandzukic

Take this in.

Mandzo is a Juve legend. Just take down Zidane's star or some random old ass irrelevant forgotten "legend" and give it to Mandzo.
Dybala will fund for our next big signing. Then he will be forgotten like Saviola was.

Mandzo will be remembered for decades to come if not centuries as a Juve warrior, a Bayern hero and Croatian Gawd. Dybala will be remembered as the guy we sold to get Mbappe.

Sorry bro, is facts of life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)