Cristiano Ronaldo (54 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Ronaldo himself knew about it when he signed the contract though and its hard to imagine juve would have signed him had he disclosed. I've got to imagine a team keeps its bases covered, in light of something like this, within the contract.

You're right it probably would be difficult to prove Real knew but I wonder if, this gets out of control, what legal options Juventus has against Ronaldo

maybe someone like @Seven could shed some light.

Everything depends on whatever Juventus and Ronaldo agreed upon. Juventus are free to have all sorts of stipulations in the contract. I expect them to be protected, if Ronaldo is actually convicted of rape. I don't expect them to be protected against reputational damage, because of an NDA Ronaldo knew existed though.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Ok so CR lawyer is running with: The Football Leaks documents are false.

I like it, and truly consider it the right approach. Those documents have seemed so incredibly dubious from the start - both due to their content (who in their right mind would admit to such a thing in writing?), and also (although this is a much less weightier point) the name he chose to sign it with (one would expect him to include dos Santos Aveiro).

The stance of the defence is expected, and I refer you to what yours truly and @Seven from the Tuz Law Firm has said all along; it is highly unlikely that the september 2009 document is real.

It's gonna be a thrill to follow the events of this "case" further down the line. I'm also enjoying the fact that Mayorga's defence did not put forward any hard evidence at their press conference, and in the following days have only stated that they will "call up Ronaldo's former girlfriends to hear what they have to say".

It's looking good.

Everything they have said publicly so far screams out they don't have anything. If you have the smoking gun, you don't ask his former girlfriends to come forward. You don't need a bunch of crazy bitches trying to get a payday and complicating your case. You just go forward with your own case.

Btw, if the documents prove to be false, Der Spiegel have a problem. As a journalist, you are under an obligation to verify if documents are real. Knowing that they'd cause great damage to Ronaldo's career, they had to be extra cautious. Instead, they've gone the other way. Their pursuit has been relentless. They've even talked about 'which steps they'd take next', they've claimed Ronaldo made evidence disappear, without having any real grounds for saying so... I think they can be in deep shit real quick.

And if I were Ronaldo and I were innocent, you bet I'd take them to Court.

Btw, considering that their articles had global impact, I'd say Ronaldo is under no obligation to sue in Germany either. Why not go for fucking England, where they routinely convict tabloids?

Juvenann

Sep 3, 2018
My dream now is that all of this dies down in a legal sense (which it should), but that the public opinion of Ronaldo remains very tainted, and that he scores the winning goal in the UCL final in Madrid to end our European Cup trophy drought to the sound of massive booing by the do-gooder crowds and the social justice brigade. Netting us yet another "unpopular" CL trophy, just like the one we lifted in 1985.

AMICI DI NESSUNO
My dream too. And I add a gol by Mandzo :heart:

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Peter S. Christiansen, lawyer for Cristiano Ronaldo, issued the following statement:

"I was hired to represent Cristiano Ronaldo following a recent civil action based on events alleged to have occurred in 2009, culminating in the conclusion of an agreement whereby the parties waived all other rights. Mindful of the breach of this agreement by the other party, as well as the inflamed accusations that followed on the following days, Cristiano Ronaldo is forced to break the silence, being certain that this agreement authorizes a "proportional reaction" to him in case of violation by the counterparty.

So that there are no doubts: Cristiano Ronaldo vehemently denies all the accusations in this civil action, in consistency with what he has done in the last 9 years.

The documents that allegedly contain statements by Mr. Ronaldo and were reproduced in the media are pure inventions.

By 2015, dozens of entities (including law firms) in different parts of Europe were attacked and their electronic data stolen by a cyber criminal.

This hacker tried to sell such information, and a media outlet irresponsibly ended up publishing some of the stolen documents, significant parts of which were altered and / or completely fabricated. Once again, for the avoidance of doubt, Cristiano Ronaldo's position has always been, and continues to be, that what happened in 2009 in Las Vegas was completely consensual.

Cristiano Ronaldo does not deny that he agreed to enter into an agreement, but the reasons that led him to do so are at least to be distorted. This agreement is by no means a confession of guilt. What happened was simply that Cristiano Ronaldo merely followed the advice of his advisors in order to put an end to the outrageous accusations made against him, in order precisely to avoid attempts, such as those we are now witnessing, to destroy a reputation built thanks to hard work, athletic ability and behavioral correction. Unfortunately, it is now involved in the type of litigation that is very common in the United States.

Although Cristiano Ronaldo is accustomed to media attention, inherent in the fact that he is a famous person, it is absolutely deplorable that the media continue to propagate and stimulate an intentional defamation campaign based on stolen and easily manipulated digital documents.

Cristiano Ronaldo has mandated his lawyers in the United States and Europe to deal with all legal aspects and expresses full confidence that the truth will prevail, despite the corruption of counterinformation, and in which the laws of Nevada will be enforced and respected.
Well said, bro!

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Following the current SPIEGEL reporting on our client Cristiano Ronaldo, we hereby declare the following: The reporting in SPIEGEL is blatantly illegal. It violates the personal rights of our client Cristiano Ronaldo in an exceptionally serious way. This is an inadmissible reporting of suspicions in the area of privacy. It would therefore already be unlawful to reproduce this reporting. We have been instructed to immediately assert all existing claims under press law against SPIEGEL, in particular compensation for moral damages in an amount corresponding to the gravity of the infringement, which is probably one of the most serious violations of personal rights in recent years.

OH OH :soyboy:

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Following the current SPIEGEL reporting on our client Cristiano Ronaldo, we hereby declare the following: The reporting in SPIEGEL is blatantly illegal. It violates the personal rights of our client Cristiano Ronaldo in an exceptionally serious way. This is an inadmissible reporting of suspicions in the area of privacy. It would therefore already be unlawful to reproduce this reporting. We have been instructed to immediately assert all existing claims under press law against SPIEGEL, in particular compensation for moral damages in an amount corresponding to the gravity of the infringement, which is probably one of the most serious violations of personal rights in recent years.

Siuuuuuue the fuck out of them

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

Would be so ironic if he's the one who goes to jail. He'll probably get anally raped there and no one will give a fuck.
Karma is sweet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)